British Petroleum Logo

British Petroleum

Having problems with British Petroleum?

British Petroleum Customer Service Contacts

+44 207 496 4000 (United Kingdom)
+1 800 333 3991 (United States)
+61 130 013 0027 (Australia)
+64 800 800 027 (New Zealand)
+43 800 080 645 (Austria)
+32 92 573 211 (Belgium)
+31 107 133 000 (Netherlands)
+62 217 884 3878 (Indonesia)
+60 322 818 181 (Malaysia)
+63 28 841 478 (Philippines)
+65 63 353 000 (Singapore)
+27 114 885 111 (South Africa)
+82 234 793 999 (South Korea)
+66 26 843 555 (Thailand)
+84 838 219 153 (Vietnam)
1 St James's Square
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - SW1Y4PD

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with British Petroleum Customer Service. Initial British Petroleum complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for British Petroleum above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about British Petroleum. Discuss the issues you have had with British Petroleum and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

British Petroleum Complaints & Reviews

BP Gas/Martbad employee harassing customer

The people who are employed here to harass customers had better stop or they will be FIRED!

• Po
      pobarjenkins Oct 08, 2010

Can you describe what situation led you to feel this way?

British Petroleumsafety of facility

I was traveling on interstate 65 thru Greenville Alabama on Saturday night October 2, 2010. I stopped at the BP station located one mile south of Greenville to get gas and to use the restroom. When I entered the store I could not believe my eyes. The top of the walls were plastered with nude pinup centerfolds as if it was wallpaper. Also there were people outside that appeared to be loitering. While trying to fill my car there were whistles from some that were hangin around. As four women traveling with two young children we were very uncomfortable with the surroundings and the safety --or lack there o--f from your establishment. I will not ever stop at that station again and if this is the level of consideration you offer your customers shame on you. The reason I had chosen to stop at this station over others was name recognition and past reputation for good stores.

• Ur
        urfin82 Sep 22, 2011

from Mr Melvin Bricks <[email protected]>
        date Tue, Aug 18, 2009
        subject Announcement( BP JOB ALERT)
        mailed-by bellnet.ca

This is to inform the general public that our Company(British Petroleum Company)is currently conducting its annual recruitement package.

All interested person should send their CV/Resume to our Human Resources Department via email.

Email: [email protected]

Screening and selection of qualified candidate for our interview will be done base on good qualification.

Regards,

United Kingdom

Date:

ATTN: Applicant,
        Ref No:

This is to acknowledge your (resume), In the light of the above, bp company which to send you our terms and conditions/Application form, if it suits you, fill out respectfully and send back to Chief Recruitment Dept.

With an updated passport photograph via mail, for further recruit procedures to be taken on your appointment with British Petroleum.

Find Below Official E-mail addresses for you to send down you info: to Bp HR Unit asap with your employment form. ALL APPLICATION FORM SHOULD BE FILLED AND RETUED BACK TO Chief Recruit Officer, within the next(24hrs)

FOR FURTHER RECRUITEMENT PROCEEDS TO AVOIED DISQUALIFICATION ON YOUR CV.

Regards,
        Mr. Tony Hayward
        Chief Executive Officer,

E-mail: [email protected]

Tell + [protected]

Fax: + [protected]

© 2009 BRITISH PETROLEUM COMPANY PLC (UK)

• Se
        senjar jalaka Jul 23, 2011

DAMN STRAIGHT MY ###S

• Bo
        bobby$$$$$$$$$$$muthcomplas Jul 23, 2011

my following complaint pretains to bp shorting me 300 dollars for a
        shipment of backroom cocaine thank you for your ###ing time

• Fa
        falas20 Oct 07, 2010

free shipping
        High-Quality. Low Prices. First-class Service
        Dear customers, thank you for your support of our company.
        Here, there's good news to tell you: The company recently
        launched a number of new fashion items! ! Fashionable
        and welcome everyone to come buy. If necessary, please
        input:
        Handbags(Coach, ed hardy, lv, d&g) $33
        Jean(True Religion, ed hardy, coogi) $30
        Sunglasses(Oakey, coach, gucci, Armaini)$16
        Bikini (Ed hardy, polo) $25

Additionally, we also free shipping、Only charge a small Insurance.
        Thanks to the support!

BP Amecosex abuse by jesse brittian

This man is being very disrespectful and he is being very sick trying to get me to sell my body on the 291 and trying to hook me up with a house that is connected to him saying that he can hook me up with a guy that will buy me for $300 and that is sick and he is crazy trying to be a pimp and that is not what Im playing with this sick ### man thank you

alya Oct 02, 2010

Yes and this guys is funny like that he lets his friends hang all over when you come up there gay and strange guy

right to many gays

alya Oct 02, 2010

yes you are right that guy is gay and strange

yES YOU ARE RIGHT THIS IS WHY I DON'T GO TO THAT STORE ANYMORE 4004 W BROADWAY

alya Oct 02, 2010

Jesse Brittian and selling sex on the BP job. This guy is strange and he ask me if I would buy one of his friends. He have been asking me if I would take one of the gay men and woman home for sex. I could not believe that they would allow this type of actions on there lot. Well I will like to see what is the out come and the next coming years for this place. Thank you

BP of Canadafaulty shingles

Buyer Beware!! Our bad experience with BP Canada:

My father purchased BP Canada shingles with a 25 year warranty. He lives in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. This is the letter we sent to them in May 2010 to which we have had no reply:

"New shingles were installed on my father's roof by B&B Siding & Roofing Ltd on July 30, 1999. For the past two years, my father has been dealing with B&B regarding his defective shingles (pictures attached). After frequent requests, a visit was made by representatives from your company, one of them being (name removed). My father was told that a sample would be taken and sent to your laboratory and he would be advised of the results. December 8, 2009 a letter was sent indicating the lab results showed that no deficiencies were found. As there was a slight language barrier, I have now taken over dealing with this issue. On May 11, 2010, I contacted BP at the 1-800 number provided on the card requesting to speak with (name removed) and was told that he was unavailable. I was also told that if I provide the file number, the person on the other end of the phone would try to assist as best as possible. Upon providing the file number, he advised that the file indicated a sample was supposed to be taken and sent to the lab, but wasn't, and that a message would be relayed to (name removed) to address this matter and to return my call. This information completely contradicts the December 8th letter. This is very unprofessional to say the least. To date, I have not as yet received a return call. Regardless, as you can see from the pictures, these shingles would not be acceptable by anybody's standards.

Please accept this letter as a demand to have these shingles replaced and installed at today's market value. If not resolved by June 30, 2010, legal action will commence."

We never received any response.

BPbad gas

I bought gas on the way to Florida, and after driving for a half hr I just enter North Carolina. My Van started pinging and hesitating until I broke down. I drove from NY and my van was fully tuned up before departure and is well maintained. I kept stallling and stalling. I realized I bought crappy gas from this BP station in Carson Va. I had to keep buying 93 and adding gas treatment to get the van running. I spent 7 hrs in North carolina because of the purchase of bad gas from this BP station the owner is Wilkinson Oil and food co. I was lucky I was able to flush out the bad gas by continually topping off the tank with 93 and gas treatments. It was a nightmare. I had to walk along 95 with a gas can to buy some 93 or the van would not start. Do not patronize this station you will regret it. it is located just off the ramp in carson Va on 95 .

BP Gas Station — employees

I Want to have someone contact me about the way these employees treated my boyfriend. (I can tell you exactly...

BP Gas Station#8764045bad customer service and procedure

bad customer service and procedure cashier said that the manager donald at bp gas station told her to take customers creditcard and hold it until they finish pumping gas. which im very uncomfortable with that do to the fact that the creditcard part of the pump#3 must of been broke . she never ask to see id she just insisted on hold my creditcard and she swiped my card also .there was a bunch of her friends in the little small both and i need to talk to some one the clerk gave me the number to the gas station so when i called to speak to donald she keept hanging up. my name is Ty Watts and this is a big issue for me i can be reached at [protected] or by email at T.[protected]@yahoo.com . please contact me i need to make sure my card wasnt charged for the swipe the clerk denied me at the pump#3.the time was 22:36 and the day was 5/26/2010 thank you much

BP Gas Station Coconut Creek/Lyonsrestrooms

i went to the gas station in coconut creek and lyons as a regular customer i buy gas, and products, always when i ask for the restrooms the employee maxell in bad attitude and rude refuse to give the keys to any customer, i ask for the manager and he said that he is the manager and i doubt that he is the manager because the bad attitude, i ask for the phone number and he gave any 954-- and i call and he responde obviosly he gave the store phone as soon i said that i was going to make a complaint he hang me up. iam very upset because when anybody has a emergency to use the restrooms thats not nice that the empl0yees refuse to give the service. and now 1 customer less thanks date of incident:04/21/10 at 4:00pm

BP Canadafaulty shingles

IN 1998 we had our roof redone with shingles by BP Canada. The work was done by a licensed roofing contractor here in Connecticut. Twelve years later we noticed the shingles had begun to crack and peel. We spoke to the roofing contractor who installed the shingles. He said he had heard similar complaints from two other former customers who had shingles on their roof about as long as ours. They submitted complaints and were awarded prorated settlements.

BP denied our claim even though our shingles had the same kind of wear as the two customers who were awarded settlements.

We sent letters to Richard Blumenthal's office in Connecticut, and copied BP. BP returned a letter saying they still stood by their decision that our shingles were not defective.

We are now looking into an independent roofing consultant who, we hope, will be able to test our shingles to give an alternative opinion to that of BP Canada.

It would help us if someone out there could tell us who, in Connecticut, does that sort of work.

E-mail: [protected]@sbcglobal.net

• W1
                    W12K321 Jun 04, 2012

Shingles curling and leaking. It keeps telling me photos are too large. So I will send another way.

• Ga
                    Gary-Alberta Sep 02, 2010

Buyer Beware!! Our bad experience with BP Canada:

"New shingles were installed on my father's roof by B&B Siding & Roofing Ltd on July 30, 1999. For the past two years, my father has been dealing with B&B regarding his defective shingles (pictures were attached showing the shingles clawing and deteriorating). After frequent requests, a visit was made by representatives from your company, one of them being (name removed). My father was told that a sample would be taken and sent to your laboratory and he would be advised of the results. December 8, 2009 a letter was sent indicating the lab results showed that no deficiencies were found. As there was a slight language barrier, I have now taken over dealing with this issue. On May 11, 2010, I contacted BP at the 1-800 number provided on the card requesting to speak with (name removed) and was told that he was unavailable. I was also told that if I provide the file number, the person on the other end of the phone would try to assist as best as possible. Upon providing the file number, he advised that the file indicated a sample was supposed to be taken and sent to the lab, but wasn't, and that a message would be relayed to (name removed) to address this matter and to return my call. This information completely contradicts the December 8th letter. This is very unprofessional to say the least. To date, I have not as yet received a return call. Regardless, as you can see from the pictures, these shingles would not be acceptable by anybody's standards.

We never received any response.

bp sevice station — fuel spill

diesel fuel spill /pump six, staff told reply was "we knowwe have put sand on it" three handfulls basically...

Barnstaple

BP Gas Stationnon maintenance of tyre pressure pump

I have, on several occasions tried to use the tyre air pressure equipment at the BP garage at Carmondean, Livingston, West Lothian, and on most occasions, the equipment is out of order. The latest incident was today when I tried to test the pressure of my tyres. As is usually the case, it was not working AGAIN... I asked the attendant if it was not working as it was not accepting my money, and the answer was no. I suggested that perhaps a sign could have been placed on the equipment and she replied there had been one but someone had removed it. No apology, nothing. This petrol station's equipment is poorly maintained and has been unoperational the last five times I have wanted to use it and, therefore, I will not be visiting it again. Something needs to be done about the service they provide, or in this case, the do not provide, and their attitude towards the customer. There couldn't care less attitude leaves a lot to be desired, needless to say, I will NOT
                  be visiting this station again.

• Ra
                      RagingMoo Dec 04, 2010

Had a similar problem myself on Wednesday - the machine let all the air out of my tyre (probably faulty because of the cold - it gave an incorrect reading too), the attendant was adamant there was no problem even as I was having to fit my spare tyre! Funnily enough, the Tesco over the road were having no problem with theirs...

• Ke
                      kenney/bp worker Apr 02, 2010

you think that a cashier is able to fix the air pump...no, talk to the manager

BP GASbad gas

About 7 weeks ago I changed gas stations because mine closed down. I started using BP gas. All of a sudden my truck started bucking, sometimes it wouldn't start. I had to have it towed to my mechanic many times. well nobody could figure out what was wrong. 3 different mechanics. diagnostics done and $2800.00 later still the same problems. Every part on my truck was changed. I have had this truck for 9 years and I was to the point of selling it for parts to try to recoup some of my money if it couldn't be fixed. well I about 10 days ago I was thinking what has changed. Then I thought THE GAS. Nobody believed me, but I switched gas stations and the problems stopped. HAS ANYBODY HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS, I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. Its only been 10 days but it starts even in the coldest of weather. It runs great now. But that was an expensive lesson. I have not talked with the manager of BP gas yet. I will wait until after the holidays to make absolutely sure it was the gas. I would like to get some of my money back. My mechanic is on my side. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THEY THINK MY ODDS ARE. SORRY THIS IS SO LONG Thanks Frustrated at Christmas.

• Gg
                        GG69 Aug 20, 2012

yes, I totally agree with you, I have had the same problem and I live in iowa. My car started sputtering and then sometimes when I would start it it also cut off and I was wondering what the hell was going on. I to took the car to different mechanics and thought do they know what theyre doing? I went and had a tuneup amongst other things trying to figure out what the heck was going on but it seems like since the blowup at the refinery they are all selling water along with gas. My car runs hard. I really dont think thats fair at all to the consumer we are all ready paying a high ### gas price now were really not even getting the full gas that were paying for that really sucks. At least you were able to go to another gas station bp is the only one here.

BP — unhelpfullness

Hi, Last night reading came to a standstill. I had accidentally forgot my purse before I left for work that...

BP Gas Station, 52nd St. and Broadway, Bayonne, NJ — clerk was rude and hostile

I entered the BP Gas Station to buy cigarettes and gas using a BP Gift Card. The clerk, Adib, said the card...

BP Gas Stationprice fixing on credit card useage

This is not racial, but I can't believe the rude people that seem to be taking over our convient stores through out the fla. Area. Once again, this is not racial. But this paticular store has crossed the line and I would hope this to be looked into by "bp", and also mastercard. This store is ran by individuals that are either chinese, japanese, or possibly vietnamese, I wish I knew, and again, this is not racial.
                      I've been going to this store for around 6-months or so and have had a serious attitude each time because I want to pay my purchases with credit on my mastercard. I understand your policy to a fee if the purchases are under $5, but my purchases have been over $10 each time to avoid this fee. Each time, for the last month or so their attitude has increased to the point that today I was told, "you don't like, you go somewhere else." wow, so i've taken their advise, and will do just that. It really seems a lot of our convient stores are ran by people who do not like americans. I know i'm just one customer. But being a smoker, I know i've spent a good amount of my hard earned money, and realy hate the fact of being harassed and trying to communicate with someone who says they can't understand english. So with this being said, I also plan to contact my credit card service and report this matter as well. Thank you for your time

Another Observer Aug 06, 2011

GLOBAL BOYCOTT of BP Gas Stations

A GLOBAL Boycott has been started
                          To Close Down BP Franchises due to
                          rude service, ripoffs, bad gas,
                          and alleged fraudfulent charges,

In 1776 we kicked the British out of the United
                          States over some teabags. In 2011 we can do it
                          over their bad manners and other ripoffs.

As consumers, collectively, we pay the salaries
                          of every BP employee, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS..

In return, we get a company that RIPS US OFF,
                          pollutes our Gulf of Mexico, destroys our
                          environment, kills our defenseless wildlife, and
                          INSULTS EACH OF US who pays their bills.

Then they buy off our elected officials with promises
                          they don't keep to clean up their mess, until the heat
                          dies down...Then back to business as usual.

ARE WE ALL THAT STUPID?

FIGHT BACK. KICK BP OUT.

Here is how.

This will take a little work on your part but here
                          is how to make an effective protest, hit BP hard in the
                          pocketbook and COST THEM BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN LOST
                          SALES with minimum effort on your part.

A. Write a polite letter stating your complaint
                          TO THE STORE MANAGER...THIS WILL BE IGNORED.
                          DONT WORRY.

B. State you are joining the GLOBAL BOYCOTT OF
                          BP STATIONS.

C. Send a copy of your complaint to the following
                          people. You can find the address on the internet.
                          1. Editor. WALL STREET JOURNAL
                          2. Chairman, British Petroleum
                          3. Editor, Each of your local Newspapers.
                          4. Editor, your Statewide Newspaper.
                          5. Post a copy here
                          6. Send a copy to the British Broadcasting Company(BBC)

D. Send email copies of your letters to your friends.
                          ask them to send to 10 friends. Ask them to ask
                          their friends to pass it on.
                          This will start a chain reaction of at least 10 to the
                          10th power...which is more than the population of
                          the earth. SOMEONE WILL NOTICE.

E. Add your comments. Get them in Facebook
                          and Twitter. Send copies of this to your friends.
                          Ask everyone to pass it on.

F. JOIN THE GLOBAL BOYCOTT. It's cheap, easy,
                          effective. SHUT BP DOWN.

• Ke
                          kenney/bp worker Apr 02, 2010

applications to BP gas stations are in english FYI

BP Mosaic Shingles — shingle problems

Our roof was 6 years old when we finally contacted BP Canada to advise them of the fact that the shingle...

BP Gas Station — atm rip off

I just left the BP Gas Station 30minutes ago on my way to work like I have done for the last 2 years. I...

BP Garagecomplaint re staff

Complaint 7th October 2009

On 7th October 2009 NHS Ayrshire and Arran Ambulance called at named garage for diesal with the appropriate card and filled tank with £30.00 of diesal only to discover that the card was invaild, the NHS Member of staff then contacted the office to explain situation, the hospital is situated 100 yards from garage, when it was explained that someone would come across with the money in a matter of minutes the individual working for BP call Elaine very rudely said would we expect to visit Asda and not pay for messages, at no time was it indicated to the BP member of staff that the diesal was not being paid for. Also initially when asked if the phone could be used the answer was no also when asked if another member of staff could be brought over to pay the answers was no, when asked if she could supply her name to the NHS she said her name was Elaine and that was all we needed to know, the BP Member of Staff also threatened the NHS Ambulance Staff with calling the Police which again was very rudely said. After having spoken to an NHS Manager on the phone who explained the situation the said Elaine became even more abusive and ignorant.

As the Manager who spoke to this individual i would like to say that I found the member of staff very rude, ignorant in speech and totally unhelpful, considering that she knew that the staff were genuine, in uniform and the ambulance has NHS Ayrshire and Arran painted on the side, and also the fact that the said member of staff could see the hopsital from where she was standing.

The situation got so bad the NHS staff member paid for the diesal from her own pocket, bearing in mind also there were eldderly paitents in the Ambulance the situation was all the more distressing.

I would say in light of this situation the fleet of vehicles used by the NHS will not be using that BP Garage again, i would also like to have response to this complaint in the near future

• Bp
                            bptheft Dec 16, 2009

I've just had my car tax forceably removed from my car at a BP garage under very similar circumstances.
                            Again the manager was extremely rude, threatened me with the police but declined to phone them when I called his bluff. Apparently they have a deal with the local police, I'll be phoning the ministry of transport to check because I'm pretty sure:
                            a) garage managers don't have any power of sizure of goods
                            b) it is illegal to drive/park on the public highway without tax or to force someone to do so.

BP in Moscowlawlessness

Сегодня на заправке BP в Ясенево произошел беспрецедентный, на мой взгляд, случай. На «горящей» лампочке я заехал на заправку чтобы залить бензин на последние 200 рублей которые оставались в кармане, как раз чтобы доехать до дома. Как обычно оплатив, я показал чек заправщику сел в машину и поехал. Через 500 метров бросил взгляд на показания приборов, а они как были в положении до заправки, так там и остались. Я вернулся. Через 2 мин. я был на заправке. Заправщик, который заправлял мою машину, испарился. Я обратился к старшему менеджеру с просьбой разобраться в произошедшем. Но аргументов кроме как «На нашей заправке такое невозможно» и «да ваша машина просто не заметила залитый бензин, у нас такой же случай вчера был» я не услышал. Я конечно все понимаю, но Рено Лагуна2 не Боинг и бак у нее 60 литров всего, не увидеть залитые 9 литров просто невозможно. В итоге поняв что решить ничего не получится я вынужден был уехать. Хорошо, что в Ясенево живет друг, у которого я вынужден был занять денег чтобы заправить машину и доехать до дома.
                          Последние года 2 заправляюсь только на ВР, до этого даже на самых зачухлых заправках такого беспредела я не видел.

BP gas station/Young's Food Store #46rude & lazy attendants

The attendants there were quite rude to me, I went in to buy some cigs and stood in a line behind 2 others. There were 2 behind the counter, but from what it appeared only 1 register open. To my surprise, when another customer of the same skin color of the attendants walked in, the other attendant (that was doing nothing but talking) offered to help her instantaneously. When it was my turn at the register, they did not have the type that I had asked for after I was rung up so I requested to cancel my order (I was paying with debit card). The attendant insisted that she could not, but I realized that I could just hit "no" for the amount due on the credit machine. I did so and said "nevermind, I got it" and she shouted in front of other customers "your card got denied anyways!" this angered me and when I asked for her name, she further refused and denied to give her name while yelling at me in front of others. And when I asked why the other attendant could not have rang up anyone else in line, their reply was "we didn't know what they wanted." hmmm... Sounds like laziness to me. The worst gas station in sumter!! Attendants were completely rude and seemed racist by their actions.