Bookit.com / unfair practices!

MD, United States Review updated:

This is the worst experience I've ever had with customer service, period! The rate was great so I booked because the terms seems so accommodating, especially with the cancellation policies clearly posted everywhere throughout the booking process. Within 2 days I got these vouchers on my email, so I thought vouchers? What is this 1999? Again, I left it alone in spite of little things that had already made me uncomfortable like the travel insurance I had been charged for which I remember declining. Anyway, all was fine until I called tonight to change the room type and was told I had to pay 19 dollars as they had to cancel and re-book my reservation, again another abusive practice because, when was the last time you called a hotel directly and were charged for something as minute as this? Now mind you there was no rate change, the two rooms cost the same, the reservation total was the same, it was just a fee for the hell of it if you ask me.

So once again I decided to leave it alone. I did tell the agent that my confirmation email indicated that there were NO cancellation fees associated with this reservation as of today's date, meaning there are charges if canceled at a later time, but he explained that while true, those fees were associated with administrative costs rather than hotel fees, he also referred me to the fine print where this language, after a closer look, is indeed vaguely mentioned.

So I thought, "Ok, so I gotta pay", I went ahead and gave my credit card number only to realize later that they charged the card associated with my original reservation, and not the new card, not 19 dollars but 134 dollars to originate this reservation all over again! NOT GOOD, especially because I wasn't told, it wasn't the credit card number I authorized new charges on and NO ONE HAD EXPLAINED THAT THE ORIGINAL FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THE ORIGINAL RESERVATION WOULD NOT AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFER OVER. Add to that really bad customer service, un-refundable airport transfer fees and you got yourself an experience with a company that shouldn't really be in business. Who knows, I might be refunded tomorrow as promised, which I'm not counting on, but regardless I'm loosing money, I have also lost time on the phone and will loose more time finding another hotel. Bookit.com is a huge scam!

Comments

Su
  1st of Jul, 2008
Poorly run company!!! Here is an email that is a prime example of the type of idiots they hire...check out the spelling of words, capitalization and sentences that don't make sense??? My 9 year old could write a better email!

Your reservation with Northwest Airlines has been cancelled. The Ticket is non transferable and non refundable and can only be used with Northwest Airlines. You will have a credit with Northwest Airline in the amount of $403.95, you will have one year from the original booking date to use the credit (25FEB08) and at the time the credit is used there will be a reissue fee of $100-$200 and you will also be reasonable for any difference in fare. I have included below you ticket number which will be required to use credit. When you are ready to use your credit you may contact Northwest Airlines directly or BookIt.com.

0127189065823 - KVEENE/LAURA.J