[Resolved] Booking.com / bad tactics regarding non refundable rooms
Booking.com and Vincci Vía - 66, especially Vincci Vía - 66 should be avoided. Their management is horrible and their tactics regarding your money and how they will hold it is criminal. Booking.com allowed them to do a bait and switch on their website which showed that a room was refundable within 1 night of showing, which is ideal for people securing visas. But they also put their lowest rate room as a asterisk * on small print as non refundable. I made a reservation for a whole week and then found out that I was not able to secure a VISA. Vincci Vía - 66 refused to credit back the charge even though notification was given at least 3 weeks prior to arrival.
I would avoid any hotel with management that does not care to work with their customers.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, May 20, 2014
The policies provided on Booking.com are the hotel's individual policies. Booking.com customer service can contact the properties on behalf of guests but it's ultimately the decision of the hotel. If you would like for me to ask the hotel if they are willing to make an exception, please provide your booking numbers.
Booking.com Customer Service Team
More Booking.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Booking.com - never give your credit card details to booking.com 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - scam 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - bad service 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - to cancel hotel reservation 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - defamatory review 
- Booking.com - unauthorized credit card charges
- Booking.com - website
- Booking.com - bill not received
- Booking.com - my reservations in leamington hotel
- Booking.com - changed fee while I was paying for the room