Booking.comnever give your credit card details to booking.com

B Review updated:

I had been(!) using booking.com for years and during this time I felt comfortable about giving my credit card details to them. However, I realized that this was a big mistake because I understand that they just pass your credit card details to the hotel and feel no responsibility about it, they dont care if the hotel overcharges you or even charges you for nothing as in my case . For a booking at Etap Hotel Paris, I canceled my reservation timely due to a change in my travel plans, it was an early cancellation and it was clearly stated thatI would not be charged for this cancellation. But now I see the hotel charged the full fee, when I call booking.com this the answers I get: yes you they shouldnt ahve charged you but we didnt receive the payment so we cannot guarantee you the refund, it may take months(!), a few days is a very little time to solve this issue etc.
So never trust booking.com, find a trustworthy hotel yourself

RESOLVED

• Booking.com's response · Jun 06, 2011

We're sorry to hear of your concerns! Please note that Booking.com uses a secure connection for all bookings. Should you have any questions, including issues with a particular reservation, don't hesitate to contact our customer care team. Contact details can be found here: http://www.booking.com/wecare.

• Da
    David dainel Feb 24, 2020

A credit card is different from a charge card, which requires the balance to be repaid in full each month. Cleaning Company Dubai

• Ba
    bark rokli Feb 23, 2020

The suit of coins is in reverse order with 9 of coins being the lowest going up to 1 of coins as the high card. https://www.adwebstudio.com/

Chamodi Malsha Jan 17, 2020

Grate article, We at Addhunters shifted this service to a level much higher than the broker concept. you can see more details like this article Property for sale propert finder doha

Bert Fogat Jul 01, 2019

Booked with booking.com for a guest house in Cardiff. Paid £67.50 for a room. On arrival could not get into property digital lock on front door, were not given the code. By the look of the place it did not look anything like the picture we had seen on the computer. By phone we did get the codes for front door and entry into the room. AND WHAT A ROOM FOR THE PRICE WE PAID. CRAP. A cat would have found it hard to live in. Décor looked as if it had been done with a knife & fork, nothing in the room but a tatty wardrobe, sort of double bed. Door handle came away in the hand. View from window had the proverbial scaffold poles sticking out across the window. Need to say that this is the worst guest.. ha ..ha sorry, doss house we have ever encountered. Made the long journey home instead of staying the night.
    Have taken pictures of our experience and will be taking this to the small claims court for the money back. Booking.com need to get their facts right about what is a Guest House and what is a Backpacker Room. We did rely on booking.com for this stay and we feel we have been let down in some order.

Bert Fogat Jun 30, 2019

Booking.com need to get their act together about what is a Guest House and what is a Doss house. They should also show the correct picture for the said Guest House. When we booked the Richmond House Guest House in Cardiff we were expecting it to be of a good standard as we had booked through booking.com. It only showed 4 pictures on the advertisement, we saw what we thought was the accommodation. Boy what a shock when we reached the property. Have never been to such a dive in our lives. If this is what booking.com stoop to, then we will never book with them again. We have actual pictures of what the guest house looks like both inside and out including the scaffolding as viewed from our window and the state of the room and shared bathroom. Needles to say we did not stay at this place and decided to go the long journey home. We will be expecting our payment back if not we will be taking this to the small claims court.

• Sh
    Shahin Rahman Feb 10, 2019

credit card hacked through booking.com website 2 weeks ago. No more booking.com - absolute travesty that they cannot get their sh*t sorted from a basic security perspective and reading all these (and more comments/news reports etc). It has been going on for so many years too. They're an online service -- can you believe it... and yet they are full of sh*. Anyone and everyone, avoid booking.com like the plague...

• Bi
    billy peru Jan 31, 2019

please don't use booking. com, I have had 3 credit cards hack by using them, their site is not secure and often times you can get a better deal by approaching the hotel and asking for a discount. There is a constant confusion with the price and they never tell you if the hotel accepts credit or cash until you book with them. I have travelled all over south and central America and have used them a lot but never again!!!

• Ab
    Abdul2018 Dec 20, 2018

Booking.com shares your credit card information with the hotel this is the secret main problem every one like us facing with Booking.com .This happened to me recently and i nearly lost more than 158USD, because the hotel charged me for 3 rooms even i cancelled during the free cancellation period the full payment, after i called booking the hotel refunded me and stolen 158USD,
    i called booking again and waiting for an action !!!

• Me
    mentos123 Dec 09, 2018

Booking.com shares your credit card information with the hotel. All it takes is one employee to use your credit card to purchase stuff online or to sell your credit card information .This happened to me recently and i nearly lost more than 1000 USD, luckily the credit card was blocked for fraudulent activity but i ended up loosing 150 usd approximately, and i doubt that anything will be done even if i filed a complaint. Avoid this website at all cost, you can end up loosing a lot more than the few bucks you save.

• Ar
    arnold declerq Nov 24, 2018

I confirm...do not use Booking.com...they falsely advertise FREE CANCELATION, on all 4 pages making my booking for the Novotel Airport Hotel with booking.com. On every page it said NO Risk...Free CXL. When I completed my booking I received a confirmation and on the confirmation email AFTER my booking it read No Cancelation. This is called, "Bate and Switch". 2 days later and 4 weeks before my reservation I tried to cxl my reservation and get a refund with no avail.
    I presented my case with photos of each page saying FREE CANCELATION in green highlights. I even received an email directly from the Novotel which states they have a 48 hr cxl policy. So, it is Booking.com that is the lair to all of us. This website should be shut down it is fraudulent.

• Wa
    Warren unhappy Oct 22, 2018

Sent a total of 25 emails... took hours and several Trac-phone calls. Third e-mail to Booking com giving me the run around on their add being falsely advertised. See all below' I have removed my phone numer and address. Sat, Sep 29, 2018 09:11 PM
    Hi Dustin, the below was sent Friday. I received an e-mail back from a Molly Saturday that read:
    Embarcadero #138 Yaquina Bay View said:
    Hi Warren,
    I apologize for the confusion. I was looking at the listing and it does not mention anything about a jacuzzi. You do not have to worry about starting any laundry. That is for homes that have laundry facilities in the house.
    Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Best,
    Molly
    That was in response to my complaint below:

Problems with room not as advertised. Said cottage... in room jacuzzi... washer and dryer in cottage. Agreement says to start laundry if you have time before you go. This is connected to other rooms. No Jacuzzi in room - shared by everyone a long ways from room. Laundry shared a long ways away. You were not supposed to charge my card and is was being charged before Labor Day. This room was falsely advertised. We paid for an in room Jacuzzi and washer and dryer. Talked with Gary Grant the manager of Embarcadero who will be contacting someone there on Monday. We will be checking out on Tuesday... so it's a little late. Vacasa is over this room and Gary said Bookings.com and Vacasa are responsible for advertising and any problems. Thanks,
    Warren
    Please keep reading all to the end!
    ---------- Original Message ----------
    From: Embarcadero #138 Yaquina Bay View via Booking.com
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Need to reach us during your stay?
    Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 19:54:23 +0200
    The accommodation provider takes full responsibility for the content of this message, sent via Booking.com
    Hi Warren,
    I'm the Local Manager for Vacasa LLC in Newport. It's my job to ensure you have a great stay while here! I have you checking in on Friday, September 28 at 4:00 PM to Embarcadero #138 Yaquina Bay View, Reservation #1356478.
    If, for any reason, you need to make a change to your reservation or need assistance with directions to the home or similar, you can reach guest services at [protected]. The guest services team is available 24/7 to assist you.
    My goal is for all of my guests to have a 5-star stay! I am available to assist you with any questions you have about the home. You can give me a call at [protected], so please let me know how I can help make your experience great.
    I hope you have a great stay, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help!
    Thanks,
    Dustin
    Molly basically blew me off, , , she saw a washer and dryer... I tried to attach a Booking.com update and it would not attach right, so I will forward it to you. Click on View Booking details box, , , read down to where it say it's a home - not a condo. tells about washer and dryer in home and a Hot Tub... in home. Also states that the credit card will be checked, but will be paid at check in. Was not kept either taken out right after we confirmed our reservation weeks ago. I have since found three different things that say it's a home, house or cottage. All say Hot tub or Jacuzzi in home, washer and dryer. We paid EXTRA for that, sorry for the misunderstanding does not GET IT! I did Space Planning for ODOT and was doing their Leasing, which included writing them up. You can get into legal problems very easily if the wording is even slightly in error. I have heard that you web pages need to be updated... they do... that does not help me now or do me in the least any good. Look for that Forward from me.
    Sincerely,
    Warren
    Booking.com could see what was advertised and does have places like that at the Embarcadero, but #138 is not one of them. Each time I got a reply from a different employee who did nothing. Nothing said about my credit card being charged two weeks before we stayed there! Vacasa who handles the condo gave us $150 refund... not even the cost of one night there. Over priced as did not get what was promised in ad. We did not take extra clothes as we thought we could wash them in the House. Now a couple of adds have been updated, but that did not help me.

Jamie Kel Sep 03, 2018

I was charged over €250 by booking.com saying it was spent on a hotel in Amsterdam even though I stayed in that hotel 18 months ago and paid for it. Is there a way I can get my money back?

Johnnaten Aug 21, 2018

I used booking.com for the first time 3 weeks ago. A few days ago my credit card was fraudulently used to the value of $2200.00 by booking.com amsterdam. They were very dismissive when i called & was told I had to contact my card issuer. Not interested in helping me at all

BenniHK Sep 21, 2018

@Johnnaten I m on the same boat now! been charged aggregatedly over EUR15, 000 today by booking.com ams NL, which I ve never booked any hotels through booking.com with that credit card over a year! Obviously they never care about our credit card info at all.

Sarah Wesson Jun 07, 2018

My fiance and I stayed in a b&b in Siracusa which we booked on booking.com. We paid by cash upon arrival at the property. A couple of weeks later, I checked my credit card statement and there was a charge for £100 from a DIFFERENT b&b - Camere Cavour, Ortigia - which we had simply VIEWED on booking.com before deciding to reserve the other place. I checked my email for any booking confirmation, wondering if I had clicked in error or something, but there was nothing regarding Camere Cavour, only the property we actually stayed at. After reading all the reports of fraud from Booking.com, I went directly to the bank and reported the theft, avoiding the run around from these scammers. I will never use booking.com again if they can store your card details and pass them on to properties you have no contract or connection to.

• Je
    Jennifer Hall Feb 13, 2018

Booking.com is definitely a scam. I reserved a hotel on a Monday, that online, perfectly high lighted in green, said, "free Cancellation until 11:59 the night before." 4 days before and the morning following the day I reserved it, I called booking.com and the hotel, to cancel it. They were both rude and refused to cancel, stating I had a no cancellation policy. On my first complaint, through my credit union, they created false, handwritten documents, stating no cancellation policy. Their site still shows the same cancellation policy that I trusted and it also states your card won't be charged until you are at property. They charged my card 2 days before I was to arrive. Our gvt. needs to put a stop to these scammers. I will continue to warn people not to use any of these sites; as they are all owned by the same company. Even Trivago sold out to them.

• Cd
    cda2212 Dec 13, 2017

I work in a Goevernment Department in Central London. I have had problems with Booking.com this week and I have had problems getting them to respond to my emails. I will be asking for Government to look into the processes and procedures of Booking.com and ask if their guidelines fit in with UK law. I suggest everyone who is having or has had problems with Booking .com contact their local MP's on mass. Get this company investigated. Let us set up a petition on the government website to ask people who have been ripped off or have suffered bad exepriences in any other way with this company to sign it to have this company removed. We pay good money for bad service, its not acceptable. I have read some of the responses from staff at booking.com, disgusting customer service. People dpn't make complaints unless they have good reason too. If you can't listen to and respond to your customers politely then you should not be in business. We make you rich, you treat us poor!!

Set up a petition here... https://petition.parliament.uk/

• Ar
    arnold declerq Nov 24, 2018

@cda2212 Is there any way we can launch a class action lawsuit??
    [email protected]

• Va
    Vali C Nov 27, 2017

Never book with booking.com! They are the worst choice. I lost a few thousands dollars because of them.

Charmone Oct 19, 2017

We use booking.com twice now, and both times we didn't get what we booked online. The last B & B, didn't even look like the room be booked online, they took us to a total diverent room, no clean towls, no soap, dstv didn't work, we a couple we couldn't even sleep on the bed as it was 2 single bed matttresses next to each other that wasn't even. So there were this hump between us. No staff member in sight to assist us.
    Really not the money worth. We considering never to book with booking.com again and considering taking this matter further. Unfortanatly we didn't take pictures. We were so upset.

chinita168 Sep 29, 2017

I booked a 2-bedroom condo on booking.com and canceled the reservation after the rental company took the full amount of 5 days on my credit card instead of the deposit of $500. $3100 on my credit card is definitely not $500. after cancelling the reservation 6 months before the actual travel date, well within the 30 day return guarantee, I am still disputing the charges. $3100 and 6 months of interest is what I got for booking with booking.com. you can be well assured that I will never use booking.com and I will continue to spread around the actual truth of this site and its falsely claimed "assurance" and their fraudulent choices of rental companies allowed to post on their site. booking.com should have a "fraud' detection of rental properties that steal money. brhospitality is the rental company who scammed me $3100! stay away

• Mw
    Mwende-Monique Sep 02, 2017

I am very very dissapointed after my last booking on booking.com.

Are they really out to con people? I don’t think/hope so.

I have used booking.com a lot (also with other logins for my sons and daughters travels), this is the first time I am hit in my face.

2 days ago I came to rikkeshoeve and he showed me his booking paper where
    1 person was stated instead of the 2 I had booked.
    He said : check your email and indeed only in the email I saw you had send me a
    1 person booking? while I never asked for 1 since I was planning all along,
    Clicked all along that my daughter was coming along!

At 15:30 he promised me to ”open the booking again on booking.com, so that if he got a new booking, he’d refund me” (i’ll be honest in that, were his exact words)
    Only to tell me the next morning when I asked wheter he had succeeded ”no, sorry, I close all bookings at 14:00, since I have to know what to expect”

Numerous messages and phonecalls to booking.com didn't bring a solution (I just need 70€uro back) for I actually can read and did book for 2

Just try to make the same booking :
    Search for 2 adults
    Choose the 2 man icon room
    Choose 1 room
    Etc etc
    You'll see everything will be showing 2.
    Than you have your booking nummer (so you do not read the email) and than... you're cheated bigtime

• Mu
    Muzaffar Karamatov Aug 19, 2017

Hi. my credit card was frauded. on 18 of august at 17:19. I contacted the bank they declared that the details of my credit card were hacked from 8th of august booking reservation. that hackers took card details from booking.com.
    Please assist in returning my money.

• Fr
    FrenchBiop Aug 12, 2017

I confirm booking.com give full details of credit card (numbers/expiration date/cvv!!!), I booked in a resort in vn in mũI nè, once arrived there, I saw on a paper during the check-in that the hotel printed out my credit card information from booking.com (there was the logo of booking.com on the top). this is a big security problem. I advice everyone not to use booking.com for this basic security failure.

• Do
    Doniazi Aug 11, 2017

Reservation [protected]
    I made a reservation for 2 adults and 4 children through the BOOKING.COM's booking system on 20/04/2017. Total to pay: 1050, 00 Euro for 7 nights.
    The same booking mistakenly reported 2 adults and 2 children and I contacted the rent taker to confirm that the children were 4 and not 2. Following a written reply through Mr BOOKING.COM by the rent taker "Ok, there are no problems, " I called to the aforementioned to confirm the willingness to welcome the 4 children. He confirmed the availability without any hint of any extra charge.
    On 15/07/2017, the nightmare starts: the house, which from the description appears to be a self contained property, is actually located within a small area which includes a small building and two cottages inside the garden. The pool is in the garden but it does not appear to be fenced and no specific regulation was ever given to us (as described in the notice the swimming pool is for exclusive use).
    The house was very dirty, unprepared beds, damp towels in the chest of drawers, cleaning supplies (scope, buckets and rags) scattered between home and garden. A large amount of dust and cobwebs at the windows. Vases in the garden stuffed with cigarette butts.
    The wi-fi was not working, the washer did not work (flooding the floor at first commissioning), the kids’ bunk beds had no protection and the house was infested with mosquitoes. (42 bites the following day on my 7 year-old child)
    Despite comments made by the person in charge, no action has been taken to at least comply with the description of the ad on BOOKING.COM.
    The first evening, without notice, the rent taker appeared personally at the veranda of the house and sat in the table in front of the entrance with the following additional and absolutely unexpected costs:
    • 15 euro / day per child for a total of 210 euros per week
    • 80 euro transfer from Palermo which is mentioned on the ad to be free.
    Upon request for explanations for the additional child charge the rent taker repeated that the reservation was made for 2 children and not 4, not reminding of the clarification call and the message sent via the BOOKING.COM site some time before.
    The following morning, the rent taker appears again within the property without notice and is once again reported by the guests:
    • wifi not active
    • poor cleaning of the property
    • Infested mosquito home (we asked for fans to hunt mosquitoes, without success)
    • No operation of the washing machine (which does not centrifuge, flooding the bathroom when in operation, this request is not taken into account by the person)
    The house taker, after long negotiations agrees to bill one child only instead of two (105 instead of 210 euros per week), for the rest of the requests there is no will to improve the situation.
    The third day, a gentleman entered the property while guests are in the pool and presents himself, only after explicit request, as the owner of the home. He complained of the noise caused by the children in the water and informing us that from 14.30 to 17.30 the children must observe the silence because he and the other guests who should occupy cottages in the garden the following day cannot rest and might complain. The pool is announced to be an "Exclusive swimming pool". We were replied that what is written does not count, only his word should be taken into account. The so called landlord also forbid us to receive any friends in his property (although he rent taker saw that our friends were accompanied with children…). He said the area was monitored by cameras in case we tried to cheat. He concluded saying that if we were not happy we could move out and he would generously reimburse all the non-used nights.
    Bearing in mind that the accommodation does not reflect the features described on the BOOKING.COM site and we are no longer safe since at least three times the rent taker and the so called landlord have entered the property without notice and without any minimum respect for privacy (we should remember that we were two women with 4 girls); Considering also that the rent taker gave his word that he would refund the nights not taken advantage of, we decided to leave the house as soon as possible to find with the girls accommodation for the night.
    The situation has created great stress and tension for both us and the girls.
    We left belongings and food and when we wanted to get back to collect them the so called landlord replied these were of poor value and we should stop bothering them for that.
    Following the bad experience and before issuing an absolutely negative review, we would like BOOKING.COM to take an active part in resolving the conflict, claiming first that the description of the property does not absolutely reflect the reality of the conflict.
    We therefore ask the owner of the property for an immediate refund of the 5 nights not used for an amount of € 855 (€1197 for 7 nights in total: €1050 initially paid+€105 extra fee for one child paid onsite+€42 tourism tax).
    Contact numbers owners
    Vito Di Girolamo [protected]
    Renzo Di Girolamo [protected]

TRAVELINGtara Jul 09, 2017

Booking.com has NOT gotten in touch with us regarding our booking # [protected] . We had exactly the same issue with a hotel that was booked at hotel Carla in Levanto, Italy - it was canceled Well in advance on the same day of booking, but the hotel still charged us over 600 euros! We even called both the he hotel and booking.com to be told our credit card info was given to the hotel and the hotel can charge it if they feel so fit to do so. His is unacceptable to just hand over the credit card info with no responsibility. We asked for a full refund but the hotel proceed to still charge us and Booking.com has done NOTHING to help and said it's out of their power - absurd!

• He
    Hendi Jun 28, 2017

Shame on you Booking.Com. We had booked a trip to Ireland and used you to book our hotels. We were supposed to fly on Thursday but on Sunday we learnt my travel partners Mum had got Cancer. We called the hotels in Ireland and told them of our very upsetting news and asked if we could postpone our booking. The reply from the hotels was Yes but just clear it with Booking.Com as they are who we booked through. The hotel was very sympathetic. So we called Booking.Com and guess what people of Britain...THEY SAID NO !!! but as a "sweetener" said if we could go through the process of getting the medical documents they MIGHT consider but is not 100 % Guaranteed. Great compassion, very upset and disapointed

James Kennelly Jun 27, 2017

Booking.com is a staggering rip off. They trick you with what appears to be the rate for the dates you select. When you 'confirm rate" they don't list the rate you are paying on the page, they slip it on a pop up menu that in the previous page is used push other travel related purchases like car rentals. To see clearly, you have to "x" it out of the way. When you reflexively do the same thing on the confirm page, you've clicked away the small print real price they are charging you. When you confirm payment, it jumps you to a screen that give you the full real price. When you call customer service as I did immediately, they refund your money minus their $14.99 fee, after saying "prices change all the time" even when their own site has the dates and the rates clearly displayed. This must go on all the time and be a nice revenue source for booking.com. This site is clearly designed to trick people, not help them get good prices for hotel room. Just look at these photos. I was able to "backtrack" (too late to save the fee) to see the sidebar with the price. This site is a serious rip off. Avoid booking.com like the plague.

• Ha
    Habeeb Nalakath Jan 20, 2017

I used booking.com to book hotel bella vista Langkawi, Malaysia in August 2016. Hotel staffs can easily charge to your credit card without even swiping as booking.com already passed information. I was wondering how it's happening. And the receptionist was so casual in handling the credit card details. Day before yesterday I got an SMS from my bank that Rs.3362.92 was spent on ur HDFCBank CREDIT Card ending 6039 on 2017-01-17:14:50:48 at BELLA VISTA LANGKAWI. Card is with me and I've not done any booking in the hotel on the said date. I already sent a mail regarding this to hotel and booking.com but they've not yet replied. All I want to say is that it's not safe to give the credit card details to booking.com

Angie Garcia-baltzell Oct 30, 2016

I just booked with booking.com. On their page it gave you a choice if you didnt want to prepay. I chose to wait since it was four months away. When i got my confirmation, it said the hotel can charge you 100% of charge anytime after confirmation. So i check my bank they immediately took the money out. They pissed me off so i cancelled. Then to make it worse, it says it can take up to 20 days to get the money back. I usually go straight to hotel to book but because of their policy of paying later, i made the reservation. Stay away from booking.com

• Ga
    Gabriela Boicu Sep 21, 2016

In August 2016 I've booked a room with Booking.com for one night in Barcelona. I gave the hotel my credit card no without my CVM. Arrived there, this is not a hotel, is a room in an apartment in a block of flats. The room is small, two persons hardly fit inside, the bathroom is glued to the bed, the walls are thin and the noise from the other 5 (I think there were 5 or 7) rooms of the apartment can be heard easily. The room is far far away from what they showed on their Booking page. I said to the housekeeper I cannot sleep in such condition and that I cancel my booking due to the non adequate accommodation conditions. I cancel the booking online. Booking.com sends me a message on my Android app saying the cancellation was done free of charge. I check my account and notice the hotel took 155 E from my account for this improper room where I did not sleep. I contact Booking and they blame the hotel. But the hotel did not have my card details. Only booking had them and my data are not registered and not available automatically. So, aside the fact Booking gave my card details to this ''apartment company'' without my agreement, they promote this hotel which is totally lying about what they offer and Booking is telling me they take no responsibility for the hotels advertising on their site.
    Booking sustains the fraudulent policy of this ''hotel''.
    Booking.com is aware of all this and does nothing. They told me they are only an interface of the hotel and they do not respond for what the hotel is advertising on their site. BUT THEY CHARGE THE COMMISSIONS SO THAT THEY ARE SERVICES PROVIDERS AND THEY SHOULD ANSWER FOR THEIR DEEDS. Booking.com is an accomplice to this fraud.

ChampBTX Aug 10, 2016

Yeah, it is bad. I want utilize them or Priceline again. I have a company and we book rooms for our team members when they are working out of town. Our team showed up at the hotel in Dallas and were turned away. Even though their ID matched they did not have the credit card with them. So the hotel turned them away and then we were charged for the rooms anyway because we did not cancel soon enough. What a laugh, they can charge the card for the rooms for not canceling in time, but they cant charge the card so the guys can get some sleep before they go back to the job the next day. Their customer service rep. was not concerned. I have owned my business for 20 years and would never think of turning away a customer and then charging them for the service that I denied them. What a racket!

JaneKim Aug 09, 2016

I had same experience, I had been using booking.com for years and booked the hotels through it for US trip during July 2016 for almost 20 days as well. In May I ever booked the hotel of "SpringHill Suites by Marriott Las Vegas North Speedway" with check in on 19 Jul and check out 21 Jul, due to location concern i cancelled the reservation on 25 Jun 2016. However, it's quite interesting that the hotel of SpingHill charged the full fee usd300.16 on 20 Jul 2016. When i returned from US and called to booking customer service team, almost 10 days past, there still have not any conclusion. I will not use booking.com for the reservation in future as well.

maria odete Aug 02, 2016

Booking.com
    hasn't the possibility to cancel/ refund a reservation/payment .
    When people made a reservation to an hotel we must pay on spot. And we have no possibility to receive the pay back or simply the contacts to cancel the reservation and have the refund.

Not ethical at all!

• Cl
    Clara Lee McCormick Jul 10, 2016

I booked with them and was charged $13pp, per day for a breakfast that the hotel provides for free.

• Da
    Danielle Scott Jun 28, 2016

Booking.com is fraudulent. I booked my hotel & the very next day went to the hotel website to look up whether wi-fi was included & found out that they were charging LESS than booking.com charged me. I called them immediately & they told me I had to pay the full price & then provide them with a receipt to get my refund. Then they made me jump through 100 hoops & send me an email telling me they had technical difficulty & don't know where the money is & can't get a tracking # & can't figure anything out. They also won't respond to my emails & they are very obviously crooks. I have emails in writing saying they owe me the refund, that I've given them everything they asked for & that they will credit my card in 5 business days but more than twice that & they stopped answering my emails & no refund. I will never use them again and I will encourage my friends and family not to either. All of us play poker and travel a lot - especially to Vegas which is where i booked my trip. I hope the word gets out there that they are crooks. I also just reported them to the Better Business Bureau & I encourage everyone else to do the same.

• La
    Lady8803 Apr 27, 2017

@Danielle Scott Any update from the Better Business Bureau? I have an unpleasant encounter with Booking.com and am wondering where should I take this matter further.

• Ni
    Nishani Jun 13, 2016

HI... We are from Sri Lanka, working for Airport and Aviation Services Sri Lanka limited. 4 of our officers including me were planning to go to Brazil for a official meeting. On 20th April 2016 four of us booked 4 rooms at El Misti Hostel Leme, Rio De Janerio using our credit cards via booking.com. but due to unforeseen reasons all my colleges were not able get air tickets and only I managed to visit Brazil. All four of us cancel the booking at El Misti Hostel Leme and I re booked Ibbis RioDe Janerio Barra De Taijuca Hotel from 16th to 19th May 2016 using the booking.com site again.
    After I checked into the hotel On 17th may I paid my hotel bill in cash without using my credit card.
    but on 11th June we observed our credit cards which used for the hotel booking has been hacked and money is been debited continuously from all four credit cards and suddenly a huge amount of money has been debited from all four cards. I never used the card in Brazil and we observed all these debited money has gone to accounts in Brazil. We are sorry to inform you that the booking.com site is been hacked by a third party . So we cant trust this site any more with this experience and we are going to inform all our friends and relatives not to use your site any more.

Jonjon23 Jun 13, 2016

This is typical of booking.com
    They are the biggest scammers.
    My Advice to anyone is don't use them. Book direct with the hotel.
    Booking.com are scammers.
    No refund after they agreed I didn't get an upgrade after paying US$265.
    Digesting company

Traci Joseph Jun 13, 2016

We booked a hotel in Quincy, IL using booking.com. The site reviews the "Budget Host" in Quincy as clean and comfortable with pictures of average hotel rooms. We obviously weren't expecting 5 stars, with a name like "Budget Host." However, the pictures advertised were ... not ... what we found. Budget Host is also known as "Lantern Inn" and it is in fact a major dump, located in a bad part of the city. When we walked into the lobby of the hotel, I knew it would not work. The lobby was filthy and smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and unwashed flesh. The pool advertised on the website was not filled, and looked like it hadn't been in decades (cracked and in obvious disrepair, as the entire premises appeared to be). I immediately asked the desk clerk to cancel my reservation. She shrugged in obvious resignation, having likely been met with the same level of horror that I expressed (I seriously think this hotel is only used by people in "the business" of turning things over within a few hours). But when she pulled up my reservation to cancel, told me I had to go through booking.com -- that she was willing to cancel it, but could not do so in their system, since they didn't take the reservation. I called booking.com -- was on hold for more than half an hour, then got a call center worker in India. She insisted that they could not cancel my reservation with no charge to me unless the hotel agreed. I told her, the receptionist DID agree to it, and that even if she did not, I booked through THEM, and based on THEIR review of the hotel. Long story short - booking.com kept the $69 cancellation fee, claiming all the while that the hotel refused to refund us. When I called the hotel, they told me that they had never even been contacted at all. They also told me this scam had been pulled before by booking.com. Finally -- we were given "best price" guarantee of $69/night. The hotel had a sign hanging by their "VACANCY" light that advertised $54 per night. Booking.com is an elaborate scam. They charge MORE than hotels do, and keep that, plus whatever referral fees they collect from hotels, PLUS the cancellation charges on hotels that THEY advertise as appropriate that are ... very much ... not.

Jonjon23 Jun 12, 2016

Booking.com are scammers.
    I have tried very hard to sort out my problem with them. I was charged for an upgrade that I never got. Booking.com emailed me and agreed that the upgrade was in fact not an upgrade.
    So where is my refund?
    Never ever book through these guys. Absolute scammers of the first degree. Disgusting company.

• Du
    duckduckB Jun 10, 2016

www.ctrip.com is a better site to book hotels in China . Most hotels do not require deposits ahead of time. Price is usually cheaper than US sites.

travelToChina Jun 10, 2016

Used Booking.com and booked "New Harbour Service Apartments" in Shanghai, China. It was really bad experiences of staying in "New Harbour Service Apartments" - most of staffs were cold and helpless; the room was not clean; they didn't arrange the room/bed every day; even we asked them to replace the glasses/cups after 2 days, they still didn't do that. When we checked out, the hotel charged extra 15% on top of the room price!! I asked the hotel staff to call Booking.com's service number and was told that phone number printed on the confirmation form was not valid. Talked to Booking.com after arriving home Booking.com took the hotel's side -- only when we checked out, did we learn that the hotel room price is subject to extra 15% service fee. I suggest people avoid Booking.com and "New Harbour Service Apartments".