Bloomex / coffee sensation basket

1 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I ordered the coffee sensation basket which included 9 items (large box of truffle, milk chocolate bar, hazelnut chocolate, assorted gourmet sampler pack coffee, premium colombian espresso coffee, private brand bloomex coffee, mocha java coffee, mozart napoleon coffee, golden flavoured colombian coffee) for my partner to be delivered the day before valentines day a week prior to the date. Not only was the sorry excuse for a 'hamper' not delivered on the requested date, what I received has not a single item in common with what I received (focaccia crisps, pepper water crackers, petite de fruits, butter cookies, chocolate wafers, dark chocolate lint bar - 6 items). Thinking that they has sent the wrong hamper I rang their number to try and have this issue resolved so I would be able to still give something to my partner however due to it being valentines day they had closed their phone lines and I was advised to go to their online chat for an 'immediate' response. Two hours later after missing my lunch break I finally got an automated response asking me for my order number which I replied with and was subjected to another half hour of waiting again after which I received another automated message advising me to email them. I emailed them yesterday and today received a response saying ‘as per our policies listed on our website, in the unlikely chance we are sold out of particular product we are able to substitute with another similar product. Due to perishable nature of edible products and order volume, we reserve the right to substitute with similar product of the same value' and offering me a 20% coupon off my next purchase (like I would ever buy from these thieves again). Not only was there not 1 single thing is the hamper that was similar to my coffee hamper and effectively ruining my valentines day, the customer service is horrendous and they will not refund me my money. I will be submitting a complaint to consumer affairs and will never buy from this company again.

Bloomex