Biolife Plasmawaste of my time

To start off with I have heard a lot of complaints about biolife from friends and customers. I work in a company pharmacy about a block down the road and whenever asked about it I would tell customers that the service seems to vary from person to person. Now today I can add my experience to the negative ones. When I first scheduled my appointment I called to ask if I was even able to donate because I take keppra to prevent seizures, which I have been seizure free in over 8 years. I was told, no this shouldn't be a problem, which I figured would be the case since I am able to donate regular blood. When I arrived today all the help talked among themselves and only spoke to the "customers" when asking a question. At several points I considered leaving because it seemed to be a waste of my time when the staff themselves weren't even focused. They also had several machine malfunctions that I could not even begin to believe. I had to touch my finger to the sensor at least four or five times each time and had to have my picture taken three times for it to register. Thirty minutes later I finally was taken into a room with a nurse to review my questions I took on the computer, which again I will add three of the six computers were actually working. The first question was do I take any medication? Again I said exactly the same thing I did when I called, yes I take keppra to prevent seizures, but i've been seizure free for over 8 years. At that point I was told I could not donate.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Cedar Rapids, IA When asked why the best answer I got was keppra binds to the plasma. When I asked even if this was true why it would matter, she had no answer for me. Well i'm disappointed to tell you but your nurse does not even have the correct information, to start with plasma is not influenced by keppra. Several studies have been done and no determination has been made on the effect plasma donation has on seizures. As a matter of fact, several of our customers who have had seizures donate plasma twice a week like a “normal person” could. Also as stated on your website, being able to donate is determined by severity and type of my seizures, neither that I was asked about. I find it rather interesting that someone could take any number of illegal drug and go in to donate plasma while lying on this test and get away with it but yet someone who has had an actually condition in the past that's truthful may not donate. Neither I nor any other member of staff that I work with will be recommending this facility or business starting today, which unfortunately will be a large number of people due to the company size. My intention of donating was to help people that truely needed it, not to give a job to someone who's too lazy or rude to get any other job. I apologize to the people who true do need these types of studies done but it looks like I will be going back to the blood center of iowa where they have no problems with this medication I am on and actually are pleasant to their staff.

Comments

• Hy
      Jan 04, 2013

That bio life in Hayden Idaho is just as bad.
    Every time i have gone got stressed out one way or another.
    Hell anybody can get a job at bio life pizza workers people that worked at dumps and the nurses there don't know much what i seen.
    I guess that is why they are nurses at bio life the hospitals didn't want them they even told me i have high blood pressure.
    gone to my doctor prior to that said my blood pressure looks good i never did say anything to bio life all of them tell you what you should be doing with your health. hell even when they make the mistake and you can't donate they don't pay you the only way they can't pay you if you turn them down that was not my case. all the good workers at bio life the ones that gone to school got fired or quit.
    People that have worked their at bio life said it is a hard place to work for. some staff are rude some don't want to help you but others do.
    PR in bio life that needs a lot of work .
    I donated a long time to help people now i will stop going because it is too big of a hassle anymore.
    At times i got harassed by people that gone to donate pot shots more like it i am a logger own my outfit i wear flannel in the winter months that fat ### girl did not stop calling me flannel boy told her to stop and that over size load did not stop told the staff about it nothing happened even said i heard her go on about it that was not right she said but did nothing about it at all.
    I know a lot of people that go's to bio life no one ever hears about who wins these prizes is it a scam or not i just don't know and never will.

• St
      Jan 12, 2013

The so called nurses at bio life n Hayden Idaho told me i have high blood pressure and i told the nurses there is no way i have high blood pressure because i gone to the doctor and he told me my blood pressure is fine and i told the nurse that and did not listen
    I did catch a cold from there they let workers work while they are sick no mask nothing to cover there mouth well this cold turned into bronchitis that will give you higher blood pressure i am taking three scripts thanks to there incompetence.
    the doctor asked me who said i have high blood pressure told him one of the nurses that he told me that nurse crossed the line.
    due to she is not a doctor. the doctor told me my blood pressure was a little high not from high blood pressure but from my illness
    and in 27 days i will be fine. It is kind of funny what bio life will have to say the girl at screening cough and cough next time horse voice i did cough and cough and then i got the horse voice just like she did they should not fire the workers just the staff what i have seen they are not good at there job the nurses are not 100% real nurses think about it if they was they would be working in a hospital not at a bio life and acting like doctors and telling you what is wrong with you that is where they crossed the line and found out it is illegal to tell me what is wrong with my health when they was 100% wrong.