Bio Life Plasma Centerbad customer service

R Review updated:

I was checked in as usual and the lady poked my finger. They protective gear and shields for accidents. When she began to squeeze my finger it squirted on the sheild (not her). There were other employees and clients at the counter where I was standing. I was embarrased cause she freaked out, as if I was a walking plague! After she processed me she grabbed the bleach and began to scubb down everything saying very loudly, "I'm not taking any chances!" "You never know!" She said it right in front of other people standing there, like she knew something I didn't. I am a medical professional and I've worked in the lab for 13 years and I have come in contact with all sorts of body fluids etc. I draw blood. I have never, ever embarrassed a patient or the support system they bring with them. It's rude and uncalled for and it's bad bedside manners for us a medical professionals to behave that way to a patient. That's why we have PPE and we use Universal Precaustion. We don't belittle patients and clients to their face or to people that don't know them. In the medical field, yes you treat everyone as if they were infectious cause you don't know but that doesn't mean you act an ### like you're ignorant. If you're gonna behave that way maybe you shouldn't be in this type of work! I have been coming to this facility for a year and I've never had this happen to me ever. Those workers have made my finger bleed like that before but never had they behaved in that matter like she did. This happened on 12/1/08

• De
    Debby Mitchel Dec 17, 2008

THAT IS FLIPPIN AWFUL!! SOME OF THE PERSONS THEY HIRE ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL. THEY KNOW THRU TESTS WE DO NOT HAVE HIV. ONG THET WOUKLD HAVE PISSED ME OFF TOO.

JoyH Jan 28, 2010

You said yourself as someone in the healthcare industry that the guiding rule is to take universal precautions and assume that everyone is infectious. While perhaps she didn't need to say aloud what she did, she was doing exactly what you said everyone in the healthcare industry already does - she assumed that you were infectious and wiped down the area with a proper solution as needed. You just need some thicker skin. If you know that you don't have HIV or some other blood borne pathogen, then that is all that matters. She was merely doing her job by treating you as infectious and taking universal precautions.

• Ic
    Icey_90 Oct 07, 2010

I totally agree with this complaint 100% because it is not just some Biolife plasma centers with idiotic employees, it is ALL biolife plasma centers. I had an experience at one once. Here it is short and sweet: The nurse who does your first physical checked me over, asked about atttoos, piercings. Thinking she was doing her job (she is after all a so-called pro right?) I assumed she saw the tattoo on my ankle when she pulled up my pant legs during my pohysical, and assumed that when she ran her finger down the spine of my back she also took note of my lower back tat as well. However, three months later., some pervert at the clinic was checking out my butt apparently because they "noticed" my butterfly tat that somhow was never on my chart. I thought that was strange, and also very disgusting on the perverted employyes part. What business did he have staring at my lower half anyway? So they make a huge ordeal about this little tattoo that should have bene noted long ago, but was not. The nurse called me a liar, treated me like I just recently got that tat (which, if you are a registered nurse you should be able to tell a fresh tat from one that ahs been there for three eyars right?) well this idiot couldn't, apparently, because they stopped me from donating. I gave them all the info on the tat artist who gave them to me, the pro website, the email address, the phone numbers (business line and cell phone), and three days went by and NOTHIGN had been done about it. I seriousely wanted to strangle people, considering I was relying on that 20.00 for gas to get me to work and abck through the week. However, these lazy idiots sat abck and did absolutely NOTHING to help my situation. This is in Eau Claire WI, not to mention. I also had a bad experience with the one in Texas as well. Their employees need to written up when they are rude to donors. So many of them are getting away with it way too much and something should be done about it. This [censor] you say was being a loudmouth and treating you like an alien specimen should be so ashamed of herself for making suhc a fool out of herself. She had no reason to make a huge ordeal out of nothing. Yes, take precaution, but take out a Lysol wipe, clean off the blood and shut the f*** up about it. It is that simple. They should not have treated you like a HIV case, that was just wrong on their part. I hope she gets HIV someday for being so stupid.

• Bi
    BigBlackDutchman Sep 13, 2011

To be totally honest, I believe Biolife should only see donors walking on four legs because of all the hoops expected to jump through. Now they must think we are dogs... because myself and the other donors were (what I feel) treated "like dogs". I was expected to be at the donation center at 6:00 a.m. and I wasn't. I was there at 5:58 a.m. and stood at the door (with six other donors) until 6:07. If I'm on time and everyone else is on time, they can open the doors on time. Needless to say, the employees started to look at me like I was a jackass when I tried the doors by rattling them until the building began to shake. Now, understand that I'm 6'2 and 218 lbs. and somewhat intimidating (so I've heard). I think my only actions more intimidating to other humans is my use of "please, thank you, you're wonderful, can I give you a hand" etc. (Cautionary note: excessive display of manners may cause people to believe they can take advantage of you, but should still be utilized due to the fact that the world might be a better place to raise our children if everyone did so.) Now mind you, I was not donating for the money, nor as a favor to anyone or as a promise, I was donating because I made a commitment to Biolife and to myself and that means my door will be open at 6:00 a.m. They lost me in the system... again... for the Nth time, their website is stupid (in case you need to schedule online) and the phlebotomists act as though they are doing you a favor. Now I am a chronic pain patient and have been treated fo 12 years, I answered all the questions with honesty i.e. medications, medical history, etc. and had to have an approval by my treating physician to donate and Biolife knows I am not prescibed meds for high blood pressure because my high blood pressure is due to chronic pain. My blood pressure was too high to donate but may have been within their scope if I didn't have to deal with the incompetency so I elected to be removed from their system altogether. Like I said, I don't need the money, I don't need to save anyones life, and I certainly don't need the headache and frustrations but I do think I should make aware my experience for other potential or current donors. Thank you for reading and try to have a great day... I know I will.

• Ro
    Robert Tindell Oct 14, 2018

I have been waiting 45 minutes to donate. I will never wait this long again and I will give it 5 more minutes and I will leave today.

• Tr
    Tristan Lee Obrie Oct 31, 2018

I contacted BioLife Sunday October the manager Kristen hung up on me in the middle of our conversation when I asked her to speak to her supervisor she told me she doesn't really have one and when I requested the corporate number I'm still waiting for that please contact me at 574-320-4223

• Lo
    Lori Shelley Oct 31, 2018

I was examined today (physical pre donation) and was told my left arm vein wasn't useful. I've had bloodwork done on my left as well as IVs and contrast IV. I've never had a problem.
    The cuff put on left arm wasn't inflated as much as right arm pre left.
    I don't feel this was accurate.

Lori Shelley, MA, ATC

• Mi
    Michelle Vosburg Feb 25, 2019

Will never be back ! They make me wait on purpose every time I would show up because I complained once!

Jokhnny Mar 07, 2019

These people are trash, they are digging their nails through the gloves and applying as much pressure as possible while taking blood from the finger. It's bruised on one side and cut on the other.

• Ky
    Kyy5679 Apr 16, 2019

While parked in the parking lot at the mt juliet tn service center I witnessed an employee in a KIA soul (complete with hanging lights in the windshield) snort a substance off the dashboard, proceed to take a puff out of a glass pipe, then precede to walk into work. She was a short blonde with glasses, her vehicle was described above.

• Mi
    Michael1987 Apr 30, 2019

I have went to try and donate and was told I can't because I am a sex offender. That is discrimination.

• Me
    Me66 Apr 30, 2019

We are told that we would be there about 1 hour. Due to a shortage of employees and scheduling more people we had to wait about 1/2 hour to donate. There were 23 people waiting in line with me. There were open beds for donations.

Mary55 Jun 17, 2019

Donars that quit donating are offered outrageous coupons to come back for a few visits. Long time donars (500 plus) are only occasionally offered measly coupons. It just seems wrong. The regular donars are your most important donars. Thanks for listening.

• Li
    LighterWorker777 Jul 30, 2019

They aren't picking up their phones AT ALL!!! I have a donation coming up today and my phone number changed . I've been calling them back to back trying to tell them my number changed. I don't even think I can donate without that confirmation!!! Tell them pick up their phones like wtf . I called them 7 times back to back with no answer

• Ka
    Kat Ramey Oct 19, 2019

They discriminate against people with mental illness, if you have depression they want a doctor's note for you to be able to donate. What does depression have to do with blood? Also they make you wait for 4 hours before you can even get in to see anyone about donating. Will not be returning they are rude and the worst kind of people.

• Ai
    aidatnk Oct 21, 2019

This center lacks customer service. The staff does not know what they are doing. They have a serious lack of training and communication.

• El
    Elvy Kelly Nov 20, 2019

In 2014 I request from management to have my profile transferred to another plasma facility in which I believed was proper procedure. This request was conducted over the telephone and an argument between myself and the manager ensued. I learned today November 14th, 2019 that I was permanently deferred for having a disagreement over the phone . No!

• So
    Sonja k Moore Jan 18, 2020

Money was taken from my card a and its not showing me why or where it went. I would really like to know why it was taken.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices