BB&T / overdraft fees!
BB&T and the overdraft fees that are charged are unbelievable! I made mistake, and yes overdrew my account a few dollars earlier this week...unaware of it I used my debit card several times for small purchases, eardrops for my son, a loaf of bread and a bag of chips, $10 in gas, etc...by the time I became aware of what had happened I had 7 overdraft fees charged to my account for a total of $245. Yes, I made a mistake but why wasn't my debit card declined? Why wasn't there some safeguard in place? I asked the relationship banker why after my account was in the negative on Monday, I was able to use my debit card on Tuesday, and Wednesday...she stated that the card is not declined as a "courtesy"...a courtesy..to who...it certainly was not to me! I asked if there was a way to reverse a few of the 7 fees charged, and was told "there's nothing I can do." On top of everything else...if the account was not brought to a zero balance by Sunday...there would be a $30 fee added to the account! Unfreakingbelievable! My father loaned me the money to zero the account.I closed my checking account, and my children's savings accounts! They lost not 1 but 3 customers due to their "courteous" behavior. There is no reason for a bank to be so GREEDY!
More BB&T Complaints & Reviews
- BB&T Bank - they will flat ruin you! 
- BB&T - bb&t class action lawsuit 
- BB&T - loan modification 
- BB&T - frauds and scam 
- BB&T Bank - hold on my account 
- BB&T - overdraft fees stacking
- BB&T Bank - excessive overdraft fee and reversed transactions for monetary gain
- BB&T - overdraft fee stacking 
- [Resolved] BB&T - privacy violation of customer
- BB&T - home loan practices