Barclays / US Airways credit card

1 MA, United States Review updated:

Since US Airways changed their credit card affiliation from Bank of America to Barclays I have encountered nothing but problems. First, I did not receive the first bill from Barclays in the mail. I found out I had interest fees and late charges when I went on their new website. I called Barclays and thought I was calling someone in outer space. The person could not understand English. My closing date was on the fifth of the month and I still hadn't received my bill as of the 26th of the month. I was informed that Barclays had 13 days to send out the bill after the closing date. This does not give their customer time to receive and pay their bill even if they received their bill. I paid my bill in full via telephone. I then went on-line to sign up for automatic payments. The website would not let me do this because I had paid via telephone that day. I called Barclays again and the agent told me he would have to cancel the payment and then I would be able to set up automatic payments. I did so, choosing my unique picture for security, etc. I thought my problems were solved (I had automatic payments with BOA and never had a problem). The agent told me everything had gone through and I was set up for automatic payments. Problem solved! NO! I received my bill and was shocked to find that I had late fee charges and interest. I called Barclays and they informed me I had not signed up for automatic payments and that I had cancelled a telephone payment. I tried to explain to them that their agent had cancelled the payment because their website did not permit you to sign up for automatic payments when a telephone payment was in progress. After 7 phone calls I thought my problem was solved. I paid the entire amount of my credit card in full minus the late fees and interest charges. Last week I tried to use my credit card and Barclays shut down my account. Also, I received a letter from Barclays a couple of days ago informing me that if I didn't want their credit card any longer I could cancel it but would lose all of my frequent flyer miles (135, 000). This is a disgrace.

Comments

7th of Sep, 2009

read their terms and conditions to see how long you have to dispute charges. then dispute them.