Barclays Credit Card / Barclays credit card dept = maddness

1 India Review updated:

Hi All,
I had applied for Barclay's Credit Card bearing the reference number : [protected].

All the possible verification has being done from Barclay team, but to my surprise the application has being rejected....

Many of my employees working in my organization applied for this so called upcoming credit card company, and most of them got approved... And strangely all the people in the higher management who applied got their barclays card got rejected...

I have submitted copies of PAN card, Citi bank Credit Card statement, Bank statement, Salary Slip, Address proof, Photo ID..

P.S: I had provided all the documents required by Barclay Cards
dept.
I had submitted my Citi bank credit card statement which
has an excellent credit record.
I have never defaulted in any bank.
I have a good & clear credit rating and track record with all
the banks I deal with.

I had emailed Barclays team to know the status and got an answer from """""barclayca`rdservice@sparshindia.com"""""""""""""
If these are the guys who are verifying the customers then i am sorry to say but they suck................... They don't know how to qualify a person and whom to reject...................

Comments

• Mi
      26th of Mar, 2008

I have a theory: you're credit's too good.

From what I can see, Barclays is a sham - I can't find one nice thing said about them.

My experience is the following after being a member for 2 months:

Me: Hi, I never got my statement. Can you send it out?
    Them: Sure, it'll be $3.
    Me: But I never got either of them...
    Them: Print them out.
    Me: Err...?
    Them: It costs us money to send it to you.
    Me: But I never got them!
    Them: You can view them online...
    Me: Give me a manager?
    Them: There's no reason for me to do that.

Surprisingly, when I called back and spoke to someone else, the story stayed the same. They don't care and they're not afraid to show it. Also, many news articles question their capacity at this point - I'm not too big into this stuff, so don't take my word for it, check it out.

Long and short, their my lowest interest card and I plan to cancel them. I'd rather pay more cash to a company who cares than perpetuate this style of "customer service."

• Ev
      21st of Sep, 2008

First, the criteria that is checked changes depending on what type of card you're applying for. There is a difference between a regular card and a buisness card.

Second, if you have too many cards with high credit lines then you may be using too much of your available credit to get another card. Just like cards count against loans, loans and other cards count against getting a new credit card.

As for a manager, I've never had problems getting a manager, as long as they had my account info up and I wasn't complaining about a fee, they got a manager for me, that is, unless they could solve the problem that I thought I needed a manager for themselves.

15th of Oct, 2008

i have not recived my gift voucher with in 20 dasys.

24th of Oct, 2008

Dear All

I Have Req UR Coustmer Care Office 4 th sep from 24 sep his ans and suggest ur card active 48 hours but today i do the call than custmer care excutive that no any req recived of your card because i do the 16400/- pay the pmt . than my card is block

I think that barclay bank is very third class services so i req u to that plz Active My card