Bank Of America / scam and abuse!

2-5 1207 market streetWheeling, WV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3042332440

I am a business owner... I applied for a business bank of america visa card... For money in money out use for customers paying by cash and repaying there purchase with a credit card... Never was late with payments paid the balance... But but... Bank of america visa never told me that they charge a daily interest rate and inhinded charges on top of there monthly interest rate... Which we were unaware of... After three years... $15, 000.00 dollars of interest was added on to the visa card... Can this be real... How can they get away with this robbery... We finally got a loan and closed the acct. And please be aware of this horrible company... I hope this helps people out there thinking about a credit card for there business...

Comments

• Li
      13th of Mar, 2008
    Bank Of America - Bank of America steals from people!
    Bank of America

Please be smart and don’t open an account with any Bank of America in the US, THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY. With the excuse of insufficient funds they will steal from you over and over again. They have taken from me around $500 in a matter of weeks. The checks I deposited took forever to clear.

They have to be stopped!!!

• Kn
      13th of Mar, 2008

For 3 checks, a totalling less than $35 dollars BofA has charged me over $100 in NSF charges. Even though the NSF''s were covered by a depositing payroll check within 12 hrs. And then for my ckng acct they charge me a monthly $20 maint fee. What is that. For a computer to monitor my acct I am getting a $20 charge. I am done with this bank first chance I get. And we've been with them for over 10 years! Thanks for screwing me over BofA!!! Oh, they did give me 1 NSF charge back "as a courtesy", well if you did one, then give me back to other 2, it's $70 of my money you took without notice you a-holes!!

• Ji
      18th of Mar, 2008

They scammed me to of over $250 they need to be shut down. Now they allow you to overdraft using your pin #, another way to charge $35 overdraft fees. SCAMSTERS!

• Va
      3rd of Apr, 2008
    Bank Of America - This bank has gone to the wolves!
    www.bankofamerica.com

This bank has gone to the wolves. They take advantage common people and give special treatment to even ILLEGALS. After banking with them for more than 12 yrs. They have taken advantage and were unwilling to compromise. They will take your money and charge you for doing. GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!

• Ro
      8th of May, 2008
    Bank Of America - exorbitant interest rate on line of credit
    Stoneham
    Massachusetts

the interest rate on my line of credit overdraft is around 18 or 19%. I find this exorbitant! will BOA ever lower this rate or should I get an introductory credit card with very low introductory rates and pay off my balance. I've been a customer of BOA for over ten years and believe I warrant some courtesy.

• Ly
      15th of May, 2008
    Bank Of America - Unauthorized ?harges!
    Bank of America

I noticed a check card (debit card) charge of $1.09 off my Bank of America account. Like everyone else I did an Internet search and found this complaint site. This is scary. I am calling BOA right now. If this is happening to this many people then the bank should know something fishy is going on.

• Fr
      4th of Jun, 2008
    Bank Of America - money take out
    72 brookdale ave apt2
    Newark
    Phone: 9735086293
    Fmirassaint@yahoo.com

i don;t how and when thay took out money where my knowing I thought i bount something but i did't. I just want the money that took from my account please.

• Aa
      18th of Jun, 2008

Bank of America allowed a merchant to authorize $5700.00 worth of charges against my account. My account was credited "temporarily", re-debited, credited and thus debited again. I have had no luck in resolving this matter, after reporting this unathorized activity, to B of A, immediately. In efforts of resolving this matter, I have been treated rudly, passed around to several departments and had harassing phone convos with their representatives, of course not on a recorded line. Why they have not investigated the matter on my behalf, is a puzzle to me? However, I have received several calls from their overdraft dept. I have been dealing with this matter since August 07' and have no intentions of going away quietly. I have contacted the local police station regarding the merchant, wherein I have filed a complaint. I am diligent in continuing to fax B of A, so that I have a running file of events, and I will be filing a formal complaint with the Comptroller of the Currency, which is an Administrator of National Banks. Wish me luck because it's ovious that B of A SUCKS!

• Ca
      7th of Jul, 2008

You're lucky, I went from promotional rate of 1.99% to 20.24%. They seem to be pushing their Clean Sweep loan or bankruptcy services, not sure which. I am convinced that they are the most ethically challenged lender out there.

Good Luck!

• Ro
      11th of Jul, 2008
    Bank Of America - Unauthor withdraw from Wells Fargo checking
    Tucson

Bank of America illegally withdrew $470 from our Wells Fargo checking account because we were behind on our credit card payment to Bank of America.

• Ni
      23rd of Jul, 2008
    Bank Of America - Bank of AmericaWill Rape You
    Bank of America

The bank of America has gootten so greedy, it should not even be legal. How can they charge all those $35 per transaction fees on items priced less than$2 and get away with it. They make you wait forever to get your money by placing all kinds of hold, etc on your account, but they speedily post everyhitng the second they get a chance, then come back with some lame excuse that supports their thievery.

24th of Jul, 2008
    Bank Of America - they took money out with out me knowing
    Phone: 860-209-9153

Some one took $31.98 out of my checking account and I’m pissed you took it out with out my knowing what it is for so return it or else.

• Br
      12th of Aug, 2008
    Bank Of America - Research this bank before you decide to open a account with them, you might decide to go elsewhere
    www.bankofamerica.com

Don't trust Bank of America. I can't tell anyone what bank they should do business with. Just be very aware of this Bank and do lots of research about this company.

• As
      12th of Aug, 2008

Can you be more specific about your complaint or experience?

• Ca
      10th of Sep, 2008
    Bank Of America - fraud and erroneous overdraft fees
    Round Rock
    Texas
    Phone: 281-635-0968

Charging overdraft fees when they have already subtracted the money from your account for thepayment of the bill and many other problems that I have copies of from on-line banking where they are stealing my money. Very rude and nasty people when you call for an explanation.

12th of Sep, 2008
    Bank Of America - overdraft charge

I checked my account and had no pending charges so I made a electronic deposit received receipt showed balance next day got overdraft charge with a balance over 400.

• Cr
      19th of Sep, 2008

If you are behind they are going to...withdrawal..and get the money back in any means possible...I don't know how they could even do that, unless you somehow linked those two accounts together..or have not been paying for a while...

• Th
      27th of Sep, 2008
    Bank Of America - Crooks of America
    Phoenix
    Arizona
    Phone: 5209778717

Bank of America should really be called Crooks of America. Their industry made-up fees have really gotten out of control. I am looking at one of my many statements where finance charges were $211.30!! They say that when i first used the card that I was at 0% interest, and after reviewing my old statements, they lied. On one statement they charged me 1, 500 dollars for finanace charges. Hope they fold like chase did.

• Gr
      6th of Oct, 2008
    Bank Of America - finger printed to cash check
    Bayonne
    New Jersey

Bank of America in Bayonne, NJ required they finger print me on the spot to cash a check since I did not have an account with them.
    "Open an account, " said the bank manager, and no finger prints.
    The teller actually placed an ink pad on the counter for me.

I cashed the same check a few weeks ago, a state government unemployment check.

I walked out and payed 2% at a check cashing agent.

• Aa
      10th of Oct, 2008
    Bank Of America - thieves thieves thieves
    Yukon
    Oklahoma

bank of America is worst bank in the country. they are thieves. all they do is try to rework your transactions in a way that will send your account into overdraft. this practice is very criminal and its about time something is done about it. they charge $35 for an overdraft of $0.56. this is ridiculous. please help us. bank of America is pathetic.