Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group / rental van in munich, germany

1 Munich AirportMunich, Germany

We rented a van at the Munich Airport from August 17, 2018 to September 1st, 2018. The Avis Rental agreement number is [protected]. When we arrived at the counter in Munich we indicated that we were sure that our insurance was covered by our Capital One Credit Card. The Agent asked for proof! He said it's very expensive if you have an accident. He kept pressuring us for proof! I asked him if I signed the contract and then received verification from Capital One that I have insurance, would they refund the amount? He said "Yes"! We signed the contract and left. I contacted Capital One and they sent me documentation showing that the rental van was covered. The Email we sent is below:
From: Pearl Giles
Date: Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 10:12 AM
Subject: Need help
To:

Avis Representative:
We rented a van at the Munich airport on Aug 17. Our flight was originally scheduled to land at 12:55 but due to delays it didn't arrive until 5:10. We got to the Avis/Budget counter after picking up our luggage. There was a very, very long line that we waited in for at least an hour before we were seen by an agent.
The agent asked us if we wanted insurance and we said no, but then the agent asked us... "are you sure?", "do you have proof?". Well, I knew we had insurance through our credit card but I couldn't prove it because I didn't have any paperwork. I asked the agent if I could get proof and then contact Avis and get my money back. He said sure. I contacted my credit card company and they assured me that we were covered. I then asked them to email me a copy of the proof. They did but it took 24 hours before it arrived in my email. So then I called the Avis at the Munich airport. The phone rang and rang and no one ever picked up. I called the next day, at several different times and still no one picked up. Today I happened to drive past an Avis location in Garmisch-partenkirchen. The man at this location was extremely nice and very helpful although he could not resolve the issue. He gave me this email, however, and I am able to finally get in touch with you. I am asking that the extra insurance that I paid for be taken off my bill since I already have insurance like I told the man in the first place.
Thank you for your help.
Lynn and Pearl Giles
Rental agreement #[protected]
We would kindly request a refund.

Ly