AT&T / double billing

My account number is [protected] and it has been brought to my attention that at&t has sent me to your department for collections. I do not feel that I am responsible to pay this bill twice. I had closed out my bundle package with at&t some time ago at that time at&t sent a forward bill to each company IE dish net work, at&t cell phone center enter net company ETC. I was then billed for each service separately through the private companies. I am now being doubled billed by at&t for said services. This is an unfair billing practice and illegal.

Thank You For Your Time.
Christine Bias.

Comments

• Sc
      28th of Aug, 2009

AT&T doesn’t allow the consumer a paper trail to show proof of anything. It’s left to a “consumer said, AT&T said… With no proof, AT&T knows they will win most of the time. This is why you will notice that they can add other things to your bill that you didn’t order to jack up the cost and add money to AT&T coffers.

You can never speak to the same representative that supposedly fixed the problem. You always have to start over with a new representative. I believe this is a tactic use by AT&T to wear the consumer down so that he or she won’t fight anymore with AT&T and just except the problem and sometimes pay the larger bill.

You will never receive confirmation of a problem/issue in detail being worked on nor exactly what was to be fixed in detail or that it was resolved via an email, mail, etc. Therefore that leaves you without proof. I had received a reference number but I’ve found out later that they change some of the information on it from time to time. It’s all computer driven leaving you (the consumer) with a leg to stand on when trying to get them to admit to ANYTHING! It’s rigged from the start!

I would love to take AT&T to court, but I don’t have anything in writing from what I agreed to when first starting up my service with AT&T. I’ve seen enough court shows to indicate that if you don’t have anything in writing, you WILL lose your case. Once again, AT&T wins (though deception) and the consumer loses…

The best way to kill a snake is to cut off the head. AT&T’s head is MONEY… Therefore, it’s up to us to go to cable, satellite, etc services anything AT&T doesn’t have its greedy hands in. There are a lot of services out there to replace AT&T. I’ve change services and it’s been great! No more problems :)

10th of May, 2010
    AT&T - Deposit Refund
    AT&T Services
    Lawrenceville

I called for services in February 2010, I wanted a home phone w/internet after I set up services and paid a $50dollar deposited and was asked to pay $175 for the internet I was given a date of activation. However, I never received the phone or the internet services. Week after the week I called asking someone to fix the problem, final I got fed up and told them I didn't want the services, and I wanted a refund of my deposits money. However, it has been 3 months and I still haven't received any money.

• Ro
      22nd of Dec, 2011

AT&T service has been goofing around the customer's busy life to read all small letter. They never explained to me in regard to the penalty and credit I earned but when I disconnected the line it became more than double of a single monthly bill including the penalty. AT&T wants to kick out the customer forever. I am trying to the way to stop them doing aggressively. I am so unhappy wiht AT&T service and complicated bills. Is there anyone who can understand the bill wihtout detailed helps?