Assured/M&T / forced insurance proceeds
M&T will place forced insurance on a homeowner's property if a property owner cannot show proof of insurance. The insurance policy runs to M&T (and names the homeowner as an additional insured). Once a property claim is filed, and in the event that the mortgage is delinquent (which is almost always the case with forced insurance), the insurer (in this case, a company named Assurant) issues a check naming both the property owner and M&T. M&T thereafter sends a set of instructions on how to get paid for the claim, which begins when the homeowner signs the check and then sends it to M&T...M&T, upon receiving this check in my case, proceeded to tell me that they could retain the funds and not pay the claim because the property was in foreclosure. In this case, M&T is acting as a "debt collector" under the FDCPA and not disclosing this to the homeowner; furthermore, no where in their instructions on collecting your insurance funds do they tell you the instructions do not apply when you are in foreclosure, notwithstanding that you are being charged for the forced insurance and M&T certifies to many courts that you owe them for the forced insurance in foreclosure documentation. I would place a bet that M& T is doing this to many delinquent homeowners.
More Assured/M&T Complaints & Reviews
- M&T Bank - insuffiecent funds! 
- M&T Bank - scam and cheating 
- M&T Bank - legitimate insufficient funds! 
- M&T Bank - cashing an m&t ck @ their bank 
- M&T Bank - unlawful foreclosure threatening! 
- M&T Bank Corporation - new customer/payroll check clearance help!!!
- M&T Bank Corporation - customer service reps not knowledgeable
- M&T Bank Corporation - installment
- M&T Bank Corporation - my auto loan 110-001-4813930-0001 jeep wrangler
- M & T Bank - unprofessional bank teller