Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI] Logo

Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI]

Having problems with Bank Of The Philippine Islands [BPI]?

1800 1888 9100 (Philippines)
1800 140 390 (Australia)
800 6312 0014 (Greece)
800 636 3007 (Singapore)
+63 28 910 000 (International)
+63 28 185 541 (Head Office)
+1 800 225 1202 (United States)
+44 500 894 040 (United Kingdom)
+973 80 004 007 (Bahrain)
+673 801 2003 (Brunei)
+852 800 932 634 (Hong Kong)
+63 917 891 0000 (Text Only)
6768 Ayala Avenue
Makati City
Philippines - 1226

Complaints & Reviews

BPI ATM withdrawal complaint

To whom it my concern.

Good afternoon.

I would like to complain about my recent transaction in one of your ATM machines

I lost 10, 000 pesos in one of the BPI ATM machines today 05/16/2020 at around 2 pm. Prior to that i checked my balance and had sufficient amount to withdraw 10, 000 pesos, it took a while before it showed "machine unavailable" and did not release any cash. I tried another atm machine and this time it flashed "insufficient funds". I checked my balance again and my balance was reduced by 10, 000 pesos without the machine dispensing any cash.

Hope for your immediate response. I hope that I can get a refund as soon as possible.

Auto loan

I have had an auto loan with BPI since 2018. During this time, BPI has not given me any account information...

Customer service complaint

Napakasusuplada ng mga customer service sa line. Mahohold ka sa line ng mahabang minuto tapos pagsagot nila...

Bullying new hires

Feeling BM yung co-employee namin, gusto siya lagi nasusunod. Lagi nakasigaw sa amin na mga bago lang. At lagi kami dina-down. Hindi naman kami nakikipagbiruan sakanya or what. Below the belt na yung mga sinasabi niya samin, walang isang araw na lumipas na lagi niya kami ginaganon. We felt bullied by her! Hindi naman kami nagrereact kasi nga new hires lang kami, baka kapag nag react kami hindi pa kami ma regular. So hinahayaan nalang namin. Pero kasi sobra na, naiinis na talaga kami araw araw. Nakaka sira ng focus sa pag teteller ang lagi niyang pagsigaw saamin.

Customer service

I have applied for a personal loan with BPI, Pasig branch. The customer service executive asked me the...

Amount debited from account but ATM didn't dispense money

Please settle promptly complaint with reference number 1-134 [protected].

BPI debited funds from account but ATM didn't dispense the money.

Incident occurred on Feb. 15 2020 1pm, Security bank ATM at SM Light Mall Mandaluyong. Amount: 4, 000 pesos.

Details relayed to agent Tom Decana thru BPI Hotline.

Please relay concern to Security Bank and promptly refund the amount wrongly debited. Updates appreciated, send to [protected].

service

I went to BPI tungko in san jose del monte bulacan to open a savings account. On the first day I went was Feb 13, 2020, I've waited to long because they were offline. So since I dont have sleep that because I just went out from night shift work, so I decided to go home and return the next day Feb 14, 2020, again waited so long because theu were offline again. Since I dont have sleep again because I came from night shift of work. And return again on Feb 15, 2020, still they were offline. What kind of branch is that. I almost waited and nothing happen. I attached the pic of the branch. I dont have any pic because it doesnt came on mind to complaint in the first place. And also their staff named Darwin is kind of rude by saying buti entertain p niya ko, eh wla nmn dw akong number. Hanapin k dw ung nakausap khapin n staff nila hindi xa.

Bank of The Philippine Islands [BPI]

savings

I wanted to update my mobile number because they're asking for one time pin activation from their depositors. For someone living overseas, it's very difficult because they require their depositors to go to an ATM just to update your mobile number (apparently they forgot to think they have customers living outside the country). For overseas customers, they said in their website to contact their Skype customer service for assistance. Now I tried to contact their Skype customer care couple of times but no one answered my message. Then I tried my luck and spoke to a customer care. Yes, the customer care person promised to send me some forms (for mobile number update for someone living overseas) and yet after about four days, none arrived in my email. So lastly I emailed their customer care ([protected]@bpi.com.ph/[protected]@bpi.com.ph) 3 times and no one answered my email.

• Updated by PhDepositor · Jan 27, 2020

That's all I can say. In crucial moments, you can't trust them. Just imagine when all of a sudden you are asked to confirm your mobile one time pin because according to them, there was a breach in their security. Imagine those people who had opened their accounts 8 years ago, and had already changed their numbers and had moved somewhere else (ex. OFWs). And now their money is stuck in their account because BPI is asking them to activate their mobile number first which they had discarded like 8 years ago, before they could transfer their money. And note, they're asking their customers to walk to the nearest ATM (they haven't think about the OFWs with no access to ATM). Yes I understand there's a breach in your security, etc, but it is not our fault why you suffered a breach. It is your lousiness, and poor infrastructure that caused you problems. Look at how outdated your mobile app is. And now you're making your customers suffer for your own fault. Why don't you confirm the identity of your customers in some other ways, perhaps using voice recognition (like in CITIBANK). You are making billions of peso from ordinary people like us, and you can't even improve your service. BPI you should be ashamed of yourself.

Poor service. Poor customer service. Yet they're making billions.

unauthorized withdrawal transaction

Dear BPI, Someone had an unauthorized withdrawal transaction on my account last December 20, 2019. I was in...

bpi philam policies

Hi, I'm Ma. Karbee Alvendia, I have 3 policies that I applied in La Trinidad Benguet- BPI, since I'm in Qatar now, I often ask my relatives to pay my dues over the counter, last November I sent the money to pay the 3 policies but the staff (Mr. Ronald Yang Ed) said that I don't have anything to pay for November and the next payment should me made by December, my relatives went today in the bank and informing me that one policy needs to be reinstated because I wasn't able to pay the Nov dues, now they are asking to pay the due of 11, 284 x2 for me to reinstate that policy, this is unfair for my side because as far as i know, once the policy has been reinstated, I'm like back to zero again and its unfair that I should pay 2mos before Jan17, 2020 to reinstate. I am really not satisfied with the service of your staff in this branch. Hoping to hear from you asap. You can contact me in my email address ([protected]@live.com)

receive email from bpi that login successful to my account but I cannot open my account when I click on the subject my account

I have been receiving email from BPI that I have successfully logged in to my account. Yes I can logged in...

non dispense of cash after an atm withdrawal transaction

Hi, I'm reporting an incident in behalf of our company driver named Robert Oloroso. He tried to withdraw 4000.00 pesos using his GCash Card tru a BPI ATM located at Philippine Foremost Milling Corp Road 10 Vitas Tondo Manila. Accoding to Robert, he was trying to withdraw his 4, 000.00 pesos using his GCash Card but the teller machine did not dispense the said amount. After that, the teller machine printed a copy of receipt confirming that they have deducted 4, 000.00 to his current balance. He also received a text message in his mobile number linked to GCash that the teller machine have deducted 4, 020.00 pesos (4, 000 for the withdrawn amount plus 20.00 pesos for the service charge). The transaction was made December 27, 2019 10:59AM at a BPI ATM located at PFMC Tondo Manila with TID# 7756.

Kindly act on this matter.

Thanks,

Shalee Danzalan

online transfers to the phils. now very difficult, and bpi doesn't care

I just found out that they now require us to register a local phone number in a local ATM, so that they can send us a PIN number for every transaction. It's making it almost impossible for people who live overseas to help their relatives and friends through their banking services. There was no advanced notice of any kind. I called the toll-free number, and I was told there was an internal notice. Wow!

So I was going to register a Globe phone number via their toll free number, but I was told I have to download a form, fill it out and sign it, and send it via postal service, not via e-mail. I don't understand why the call center agents at the toll-free number cannot take our phone number on the phone and register it for us. They can do all the security verifications if they want, but that option should at least be available. I wish they should use some common sense and truly understand the meaning of customer satisfaction. If they care about fellow Filipinos, they should make it easier for them to receive help. I appreciate that they want to make the transactions secure, but there are many ways to ensure that. Perhaps they should allow us to register a foreign phone number, and they should text us through that number. Is it going to cost them a fortune? Then they can ask us if we're okay to be billed for the text. To BPI Management, please research how the US and Canada do it, and learn from them. We transfer funds from one institution to another, and the phone call to their customer service is our recourse when we are not able to do it online.

[Resolved] Credit to cash availment

This refers to my application for credit to cash amounting to 39, 000 on Nov. 27, 2019, my credit card ending...

poor service

The service is so damn slow, the transaction windows that is open is just 2 & the employees are just...

Bank of The Philippine Islands [BPI]

Money deducted on my account but not remitted to gcash

I performed electronic transaction loading emoney to gcash with my whole salary through their online app and I received a confirmation email from BPI that it went through, I Just found out then that the money is still floating in BPI's system and that the transaction did not go through when I called customer service despite having the confirmation number. I already called twice and sent emails but they keep on advising me that it is 10 business days and it is until January 2. They are holding my money for 5 days now and still got no response on the resolution.

54 Aramismis St Project 7

service

1.Not enough workforce catering to payments. Only two are servicing us. One is counting infinite money which...

problem encountered in atm cash withdrawal

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Edwin T. Andaya.
Last Thursday night, 11/22/2019, I tried to withdraw a total of Php1, 600 from two ATM machines here in Makati.
No cash withdrawal transpired since the ATM shown the dispense of cash and balance inquiry are not available.
When I checked my deposit today 11/23/2019, Php1, 600 is missing.
Please help me to recover the money.

Best regards,
Edwin T. Andaya

atm did not dispense money but debited to my account

I withdrew money P4000 in BPI ATM machine last November 19, 2019 Tuesday. The first attempt was unsuccessful, and it popped an error saying that "All transaction s were cancelled except for Fund transfer".
I inserted the atm second time, and repeat the process of withdrawing P4000 and it successfully dispensed the amount. But when I checked on the balance and history on my mobile app, there are 2 transactions debing P4000. So basically, P8000 was deducted. Please look into this.

personal loan

I applied for a personal loan last October 2 and got approved October 25. I signed the loan documents last...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices