Aspen Dental / waiting room problems

United States, Pennsylvania Review updated:
On April 27, 2009 my prescheduled appointment was for 3:30 PM. My arrival and sign in was at 3:15 PM. I sat and waited until 5:50 PM. At that point one of the ladies from behind the desk walked out front and locked the door. So I went up to the desk and asked if they were closing soon and the receptionist said that at 6 they were closing. I asked if they were going to give me my dentures today and they asked if I had an appointment. I showed them my name on the sign in sheet and the 10 or so who signed in after me and had been taken care of already. The first reaction was accusing me of not saying something sooner.
A little history at this point. This was my final visit to try my dentures. On my initial visit as a new patient, I had asked the receptionist after filling out all of my paperwork and showing my insurance card and waiting for half an hour if she had an idea how long it would be until my appointment. I was told to "just sit down and wait." 20 minutes after that the dentist saw me for the first time. Before leaving my dentures and the next two visits had to be paid in full. The second visit was a little over an hour wait. My wife was with me on the first two visits and I asked her if I should file a formal complaint. She talked me out of doing that both times.
To me it is obvious that the patient is not the priority in the Lancaster, Pa. office. Everyone's time is valuable to them. If Telling my story helps one person make the correct decision about not using Aspen Dental then my wait(s) were well worth it.

N  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Aspen Dental is committed to providing all patients with exceptional service and care. If you feel you have an issue that cannot be resolved by the Aspen Dental office you visited, please call our Patient Satisfaction Hotline at 1-866-273-8606 or email us at patient services@aspendent.com. We will respond to you as quickly as possible, always within two business days from your initial contact with us. Aspen Dental is committed to your total satisfaction and we look forward resolving any issues quickly and courteously. Thank you.
A  9th of Jul, 2009 by
Aspen Dental Saginaw MI,
As the only primary dental provider in the area (next one being 40 miles away) ;I am mandated to see them by my dental provider..The office staff is not at all professional, instead of my repeated requests to see them early they gave me an appointment after 25 days and again postponed that for seven days .I am in excruciating dental pain and have no idea but to wait for my appointment to come up...

Aspen Dental Management Logo Aspen Dental Management