Aspen Dental — deep cleaning scam
I went to aspen dental with my "free x-rays and cleaning" coupon...I did get my x-rays, but they said they could *not* clean my teeth because I needed a "deep cleaning" procedure that would cost over $700 (the procedure sounded lengthy and painful, so I never even considered it).
There other costs were very high, so I ended up at another dental office anyways. I was actually stupid enough to let them "fix" one of my teeth...they only did half of a root canal and charged me over $700 for that, and never put a crown or anything on the tooth.
2 months later my daughter who is only 23 years old went to aspen in another city, and they claimed that she could not have her teeth cleaned either...guess what?, she needed the "deep cleaning" procedure at over $700 (funny, she had her teeth cleaned less than a year before that at another regular dental office).
Not only is Aspen Dental overpriced (despite their commercials which make you feel otherwise...they present themselves as "affordable" and definitely are not), but I think they have a scam going for this "deep cleaning" procedure. This is a very lengthy procedure that involves using numbing agents and pulling the gums away from your teeth and scraping the teeth below the gums. I do not believe that many people would need such a procedure and it is just another way that Aspen Dental is trying to rip off the consumer.
DO NOT GO TO ASPEN DENTAL, go anywhere else...but not there.
More Aspen Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Aspen Dental - unsatisfactory work 
- Aspen Dental - class action lawsuit against aspen dental 
- Aspen Dental - aspen dental practice! 
- Aspen Dental - be weary and do your research! 
- Aspen Dental - charging us for services covered by insurance 
- Aspen Dental Management - dental appointment 
- Aspen Dental Management - peace of mind promise
- Aspen Dental Management - payment for non services 
- Aspen Dental Management - bridge/crown work
- Aspen Dental - aspen denatal