Aspen Dental / terrible place

United States Review updated:
Aspen Dental
I went to Aspen Dental in the summer of 2008 because I knew I needed expensive work done and they offered free X-Rays. I only get 1500 from my insurance so I figured this would save me some money. After going to my first appointment I was told that I needed a root canal re done and three wisdom teeth surgically removed. I asked the office manager for my out of pocket costs up front as I was on a tight budget. After calling every other day for weeks because 'the computers were down', I was finally told that my out of pocket costs were around 300. I verified this numerous times with her.

The day I arrived for my root canal the receptionist told ME that I had canceled my appointment. Obviously, this was not true. I work in healthcare and it is very hard to take time off. I had to find coverage 3 weeks in advance! I informed her that she was mistaken and I would not reschedule as I already waited 3 weeks! She then told me to sit down and wait for the endodontist who was not expected there for an hour. I sat down and met another man who told me he had the same conversation with the receptionist 30 min ago. So the Dr finally arrived and we are both taken into the back at the same time. I found this odd as root canals take awhile. I heard her say something to the other man in the next cubical about tooth removal and he left. She then came into see me and without looking at me (Just the x rays) told me as well that my tooth had to come out. At this point I figured she didn't want to come in that day hence my 'canceled' appointment. Also, what are the chances of two people canceling appointments, forgetting they canceled, showing up and having teeth that cant be fixed?

So, I made her do the root canal. A few min into it she informed me that my tooth broke into the gums and it had to be surgically removed. I am not a dentist so I cant really question her but, I feel as if the damage was done out of spite.

Since I was now in horrible pain I could not cancel my operation. I came in and had in done the following week and was sent home with my husband. As soon as my anestesia wore off I was in incredible pain. (I had to have teeth drilled out of my jaw) My husband looked at the RX I was given and realized it was for minor pain (he is a nurse)

He called Aspen dental (at 9am) to ask for a more appropriate rx and was told the DR wouldn't be approached until after his lunch! I was left in horrible pain until around 2pm!

Then my husband was banned from the office for being 'rude' to the office manager.

Now, to my billing fun. As you may remember I was told my out of pocket would be 300. After I had my operation I was sent a bill for 1600! After I already paid around 200! This is not including the 1000 my insurance company paid! I have had to do all of the talking between my insurance company and Aspen dental. I just got the last 500 of my 2008 benefits paid to Aspen dental since they just gave me the documents my insurance company has been requesting for 6 months!

Now, I have to pay over 1000 in consult fees and god knows what else they did to change my 300.00 out of picket to over 1200!

Stay far away from Aspen dental!

N  10th of Apr, 2009 by
Aspen Dental is committed to providing all patients with exceptional service and care. We sincerely apologize if your visit to our office was anything less. We advise all of our patients to first call the Aspen Dental office where they were treated and, if the issue is still not resolved, to call our Patient Satisfaction Hotline at 1-866-273-8606 or email us at patientservices@aspendent.com. We promise to respond to you as quickly as possible, but no more than two business days from your initial contact with us. Aspen Dental is committed to your total satisfaction and we look forward resolving any issues quickly and courteously. Thank you for letting Aspen Dental serve you.
A  14th of Jul, 2009 by
I too went for services at Aspen Dental and was left feeling mortified humiliated and very unsatisfied with the care I was given. My Dentures never filt properly, I was left with teeth that were too big, sores throughout my mouth as I was trying to get used to them. My family and friends made comments that I looked like I had a horse or worse a donkeys mouth full of teeth. I watched all the ads on tv and truly believed they would give me my confidence back. I was left embarrased to speak in public. My temps took me over 6 months to get used to and I was told repeatively that the finished product would be worth all the pain. What a lie flat out horrible lie. I was told when I complained that I would simply have to get used to wearing the temps if I was unsatisfied with the finished product. I paid almost $3000. dollars between what the 1500. down payment, my Insurance paid some and I took out a loan for 1400. that I am still paying on. I am left with temps that do not fit and the finished permanents that sit in a cup.

Aspen Dental Management Logo Aspen Dental Management