Aspen Dentalshady billing practices

O

kandi200
Posted the following Complaint

March 15, 2009 06:43:02
I went to Aspen Dental 11/26/08 and had work done for dentures. They quoted me a price of $2, 598 for the work. They talked me into using their care credit financing. Well, the balance I was being charged by care credit was over $5, 000. I called Aspen Dental in scranton right away. They said that it was an error and they would have it corrected. Well here it is march of 2009 and I am still going back and forth with them and care credit. Every time I get a different story as to why this hasn't been corrected yet. While trying to straighten this out in the first two months after date of service they reported me to the credit bureau and marked my credit. I was told to hold off on payment by credit care until the correct balance and finance charges we reflected and this is what they did.
I still cannot get this resolved. I feel that their is a consumer scam going on between Aspen Dental and their financing company Credit Care. I am going to have to take this to the attorney generals office.

marcia Pauken Jul 15, 2011

i went to aspen dental for a new set of denture's $2.200 hundred dollar's they are too small, they are wearing uneven can't get anything done.they are cutting my mouth.can't eat with them, can't talk with them.help. Marcia P

• Aspen gave me a price of $12, 000 for everything. They continued to add additional fees and services onto the bill. I constantly questioned them. Also, the work performed was substandard at best. After beginning treatment in 2009, I continue to have a half of a mouth of teeth. I have seen several specialists and it is going to cost approximately $65, 000 to fix my mouth properly. Aspens risk management department has offered me a whole $20, 000. This won't even touch what it will cost to fix my mouth. The risk manager says "Well that's a good chunk of change". Sure $20, 000 is a lot of money, but when I need to fix my mouth and it is going to cost $65, 000, that is not going to cut it! DO NOT GET CAUGHT IN THE SUBSTANDARD PRACTICES OF ASPEN DENTAL!

• Bo
    Bonnie S. Jul 30, 2010

Thanks for this site, what a blessing for people who care enough for other people to take time to warm them. I have an appointment at Aspen for Tuesday which I plan on canceling first thing Monday and tell them why. Thanks to all!

• Cy
    Cynthia K. Luxton Feb 04, 2010

In July 09 I was given a written proposal for all the work I needed. I agreed and pay $3.042.00. Now they are still billing me for more. I never received any more services than I signed up for. Where do they get off (without any explaination) billing for more services than I received. I would never recommend them to anyone!!!

• To
    toothless2 Nov 16, 2009

I am ! Wonder how many more people w/o internet access have been taken advantage of?

• As
    aspendentalrippedmeoff Aug 09, 2009

With all the complaints against Aspen Dental (and there are hundreds of thousands on the internet alone) why are you folks not getting together and suing them? there should be a class action lawsuit against them! Sue them, get your money back and put them out of business before they scam more people!

Janet L May 16, 2009

I was "over estimated" by $1900.00 which is money that Aspen got to use for nothing for almost a ayear!! Sorry I ever heard of them..