Ashley Furniture - Wilmington, NC / shocking customer treatment!

My husband and I were extremely shocked by the way we were treated at the Wilmington,NC store.We went to order 6 chairs after receiving 4 coupons valued at $25.00 each.(1 per purchase)Since we have bought furniture there previously because it is less expensive furniture.(Cheaper made also that's why)But this is what we can afford.We asked if we could use the 4 coupons.

The manager said YES, but we would have to come in and order 1 per day.( These are their rules when it says see store for details). So we said "that would be fine,Thank You that would save us $100 total and we would go ahead and order this way.We came in each day and the store employees knew this was the agreement so they knew to write up 1 chair each day until they were all ordered.The last day when we came in the store employees scattered like ants!!! NO one wanted to speak to us.They finally said they would not honor their original agreement.The next day I went in for my refund and the owner was so nasty and yelled at me saying I tried to Rip her off.I was stunned!! I could not believe how she went on in front of everyone.She left the counter and left me standing there for 24 minutes while she got my check.Again she came back this time nasty and rude.When I tried to tell her this is what I was told to do,she continued yelling I tried to Rip her off. All they had to say was No from the beginning. I was so embarassed by her behavior, how could a store owner treat a customer this way.

Va

Comments

• Sr
      21st of Jan, 2008

Looks like all Ahsley stores are like that. We went to one in south of DE, they were nice until we are ready to buy. The payment clarks are very rude. I will never go to any Ashley store in life time!!

• Je
      14th of Apr, 2008

I went to the same Wilmington, NC store and the manager named Donna was probably the same one you dealt with. She was very argumentative and defensive when we asked questions. I was ready to purchase a set there but she really turned me off.

• Un
      9th of Apr, 2010

My husband and I went to buy a sofa set that we liked and were ready get that day in Wilmington NC. When we walked in we were met by a sales associate who gave us a coupon sheet. upon reading the sheet we found that we could save a few hundred dollars on our sofa b/c we were spending a over a thousand dollars. We picked our sofa and were ready to have it ordered for us.First we asked about delivery and they were going to charge us an extra ninty dollars to go 4 miles. Then when the manager saw that we planned to use the coupon they had just given us when we walked into the store he refused to honor it saying that the coupon was a typo and was only for mattresses. My husband who is in sales tried to talk to the guy saying this was just given to us when we walked in and was amazed how the guy reacted, rude, basically told us we were cheap, and could care less if left and didn't buy anything. We left and when we got home we called the next nearest AShley furniture store to us, Shallote NC. We told them our story and about the coupon the owner said they would love to have our business, honored our coupn and gave us free delivery. To anyone in wilmington, look for furniture at the store in Wilmington but buy it from Shallote store!!

18th of Apr, 2011

It is Wilmington, North Carolina to blame. This is a town full of ignorant red necks. I am surprised they didn't call the police on you when you argued your point. You are correct, they are at fault, but they are backed up by the most ignorant injustice system this country has to offer, the SOUTH. You know the people vote in the idiots who sit on the benches here, don't you? If not, keep trying to get justice, and stand your ground when the half brains who run these stores continue to rip you off. You may wind up in front of a judge who puts you in jail for standing up for your rights. Here in Wilmington, NC they will consider your point "contempt" and you'll be in jail before you know it.

• Pe
      13th of Jul, 2017

Worst furniture experience in my life. The customer service is horrible, they flat out lied to me. I bought an entire living room set, lamps, tables, couch, chairs, ottomans and paid for it. Was told by them in a text that the furniture was going to be delivered on June 26, 2017 and was also informed by Ashley that their company policy was they would not take the old furniture away. I offered to pay additional and they said I would have to get the old furniture out so that they could deliver. I paid to have the old furniture taken away by an outside group. Then, on June 26th I received a text saying the furniture was not going to be delivered and that they didn't know when it was going to be delivered. I called Ashley Furniture and talked to three different levels of management, all three lied to me.
    I ended up buying everything (better quality and certainly better service from Summehome. Stay away from Ashley Furniture, you will be glad you did!

• Co
      19th of Sep, 2017

I ordered a headboard that was supposed to be "cream" in color and is clearly a beige gray, doesn't go with my decor at all. When I asked if I could return it they told me there would be a restocking fee! Really?! Very dissatisfied with their customer service. Now I'm living with a headboard I hate that doesn't match my decor.