Ashley Furniture -Arlington, TX / beware anything made of wood from these guys!

I bought an entire living room set and a king size mattress from them about a year and a half ago. Everything has been great, haven't had too many problems until recently. A while back,I noticed a hole in my coffee table. There was a pile of fine dust piled up just outside of this tiny hole.

I figured it was some kind of bug,sprayed it with bathroom cleaner and waited. A few days later, same thing,more dust coming out of this hole.

Sprayed it with some more potent stuff and it went away. I kept checking once a month for more holes but couldn't find any. Well, now I am moving and on a very detailed inspection,there are many of these holes. All "active" as they keep having these dust pile build up. I finally do an online search and find out its what they call a powderpost beetle. Seems they live in wood in a larvae stage for several years and the only way you know that you have them is when they "wake up" they start making these exit holes to push out the powdered excrement from them eating your furniture. So basically, I bought these bugs when I bought the furniture. The college websites say they talk 1 to 3 years to hatch. Imagine that, I am smack dab in the middle of that window. Of coarse now I am calling Ashley's asking them what they are gonna do about it. They are saying "well, how do we know these bugs didn't get in there from your home?" Well, my house is built on a prairie where no such things exist naturaly,and none of my other wood furniture exhibit these signs.

Anyhow, they are denying any responsibility. What a bunch of crooks. Beware if you buy ANYTHING made of wood from these guys. Its probably full of critters!!! Anything I can do?

Comments

21st of May, 2008

My husband and I went in to ashley store to look for bedroom and dininig room furniture. after we were shown a few items our saleslady went and got one of the managers after we told her we had looked at rooms to go. he came over with a wod of advertisements and proceeded to tell us if we did not like what you had that we just need to leave or go back to rooms to go. We thought we were at a car lot bringin in a manager. he said he used to work at rtg and that his wife still worked there basicly just because they had good benefits. . As far as my husband and I, we will never step foot in one of your stores again and have told everyone i meet that is looking for furniture to do the same. we were very shocked that someone representing your store would do such a thing. Instead of telling us how much better your furniture might be they told us and put down everyone else, this is not the way to win over a customer. Needless to say we done just that and went back to rooms to go where the sales people were nice and bought our dinning room set. hope you take care of this matter other wise you will not have a store with good sales people or any customers. thanks for listening. Marlene Berry of Fortworth Texas

• Sy
      10th of Oct, 2008

My husband and I bought a house full of furniture from Ashley's a few years ago. When we bought this furniture, they told me that I should purchase the warranty because it was good for 5 years for replacement if it was damaged in any way during that time. AND that if we did not have to "use" the warranty, that after the 5 years, we would receive the money we paid for the warranty back.

That seemed like a good deal at the time. We have not had to "use" the warranty, and I was expecting to receive a check in a few years for the amount of the warranty we paid them. Well, recently I heard that their warranty was a deal where after 5 years you receive a STORE CREDIT for the amount of the warranty!!! I was LIED to about that at the time. I am FURIOUS about this, as it is just my husband and myself, and we are in our 60's, so WE WON'T NEED ANY ADDITIONAL FURNITURE in 3 years. In fact, WE PROBABLY WON'T NEED ANY ADDITIONAL FURNITURE FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!!!

I don't want a STORE CREDIT... I want a check for the amount of the warranties we bought -- like they said I would get.

I am not a happy customer of Ashley's, either.

Sylvia Klos, Mansfield, TX

• Ca
      25th of Nov, 2008

I need the arlington address off of cooper st. I am looking to buy a sleeper sofa.