Menu

complaints

DFS Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with DFS at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for DFS has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of DFS. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

DFS complaints 6

Sort by:

Newest DFS complaints

N
9:08 am EDT

DFS Unreliable Delivery from DFS: A Frustrating Experience

DfS is a Company I have heard of due to their adverts on the telly. I finally decided to give them a try and I was really disappointed. The sofa I ordered for my daughter was supposed to be delivered on a Saturday between 1 pm and 5 pm. I waited all day long and no one showed up. No notification or anything! I ended up calling customer services and their computer system was not giving them any information on the delivery. The advisor apologized but said that they couldn't deliver until the next available slot which was on Thursday. What? This was just too much! I had work and could not stay home to wait for them. Luckily, my daughter wasn't heartbroken but I was definitely frustrated. These people are so unreliable and disorganised. I will be visiting them the next few days to give them a piece of my mind. This whole experience was a complete joke!

M
7:51 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DFS DFS Furniture Review: Cheap Quality, Useless Guarantees, and Terrible Customer Service

You know, if you're looking to save some dough, you might wanna steer clear of DFS. Personally, I ain't too impressed with the quality of the leather they use - it's cheap stuff, ya know? And don't even get me started on their guarantees - they ain't worth squat! I mean, I had this one sofa from 'em and wouldn't ya know it, the darn thing started peelin' after just three years. Now, I ain't no expert or nothin', but I've had other leather sofas before (none from DFS, mind you) and they lasted me a good fifteen years without hardly a scratch on 'em! And let me tell ya, their customer service ain't nothin' to write home about either. Seems like every time I call 'em up, the folks on the other end of the line are readin' from some sorta script or somethin'.

S
6:52 am EDT

DFS DFS Review: Nightmare Experience, Order Cancelled and Delayed for Months

Wow, I gotta say, I had a really weird experience with DFS. I wanted to get a new sofa, so I went on their website and ordered one. I was super excited and even started decorating my living room in preparation for its arrival. But then, after waiting for 10 long weeks, I got an email saying that my sofa would be delayed by another month. Can you believe it? I was so disappointed!

But, as if that wasn't bad enough, a few days later I received another email saying that DFS had "accidentally cancelled my order"! What a nightmare! So now I was back to square one. I mean, what am I supposed to do with a half-decorated living room and no sofa? It was a total disaster.

The only good thing about all of this was that DFS offered me a 10% discount on a new sofa, but honestly, that's not enough to make up for all the trouble they caused me. I mean, who knows how long it'll take for them to deliver the new one? And what if they mess up again?

All in all, I really don't know how DFS stays in business with all the mistakes they make. It's just bizarre and dreadful. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Is DFS legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals DFS as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, DFS stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering DFS should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

DFS earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: DFS achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

The age of DFS's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Dfs.co.uk has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows DFS website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Dfs.co.uk has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

DFS as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

Several positive reviews for DFS have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up DFS and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While DFS has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 6 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
B
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DFS Disappointing Quality and Poor Customer Service from DFS - Save Your Money!

This is my second suite from DFS and unfortunately it has arrived faulty, just like the previous one. It's disappointing to pay a premium price and receive a poor quality product. I learned that all the products are (D)irect (F)rom (S)hanghia. I have noticed that the padding is sagging in a matter of days and the electrical recliners seem to never work properly. My attempts to contact the manager have been unsuccessful, as it seems like he is hiding behind one of their settees. It would have been nice to receive a response after expressing my concerns. I suggest saving your money and shopping elsewhere for better quality items.

F
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DFS Don't waste your time or money on DFS - A disappointing experience from start to finish

Honestly, DFS ain't worth your time. Once your gear gets to you, nobody gives a toss if it's trashed. And don't even bother ringing them - you'll spend at least thirty minutes on hold before they promise to call you back (spoiler alert: they never do). If you order anything other than a sofa, it goes to some other supplier who ain't even bothered answering the phone to anyone - DFS included. It's all toss, really - spend your hard-earned dosh elsewhere.

K

DFS DFS Norwich Review: Good Shopping Experience but Delivery Drama

I went to DFS Norwich to get myself a corner sofa and armchair. All in all, I liked the process of buying it in the shop. The staff were friendly, and they helped me out. But when they delivered it, I found that one part was ripped. Oh dear, what a kerfuffle!

I tried to get in contact with the shop for over a week, but they didn't get back to me. Can you believe it? They then said that I had to keep the damaged part of the sofa! I was like, no way, I'm not paying for something that's not tip-top. Then they said I could accept it if they gave me some compensation, but they wouldn't tell me how much. I mean, come on, tell me the figure!

In the end, they took back the good piece of the sofa, and they said it would be sent back to the factory. Okay, that sounds good, I guess. But now they're not telling me when it's going to be delivered. Ugh, I just want my sofa!

Overall, I liked the shopping experience at DFS Norwich, but the delivery drama was a bit of a letdown. Hopefully, they sort out the delivery soon, and I can enjoy my sofa and armchair without any more fuss.

Overview of DFS customer experience

DFS, the UK-based furniture retailer, has been receiving several consumer complaints lately. Customers have expressed disappointment with the poor quality of products, substandard customer service, delayed delivery, and faulty goods. Many have reported that the furniture is not durable and starts showing wear and tear after a few months of use, while some have received damaged products. The delivery process has also been criticized for being slow and unreliable, with some customers waiting for weeks for their orders to arrive. Additionally, the company's customer service has been deemed unresponsive and unhelpful by some customers. Overall, DFS seems to be plagued with several issues that need to be addressed to improve their customers' shopping experience.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

DFS contacts