Applebees / overcharging

1 4220 SE 58TH PL OCALA FL 34478Ocala, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 352-629-3382

My husband & I ate at our locale applebee's last saturday 5/30/09 — our bill was $26.# and we paid with our debit card. Later that day when we got home I went online to balance our checkbook — I discovered that applebee's had taken the $26.# out and $54.# out of our account. I called the restaurant and asked to speak to a manager — he explained that the waiter had made a mistake and that they had voided it out — well she could have told us that before we left the restaurant and given us the void slip. The kicker is it is a week later and it still has not been released back into my account. The bank says that until they get the void it has to be held. So be careful using your debit card any where but make sure you check the bank if you use it at applebee's.

Comments

• Ki
      20th of Sep, 2018

I know this is several years later since this post, but obviously Applebee's pattern of cheating customers is still going on. I ordered food on 9-16-18, and my bill was $32.86 and I added a tip of $3.00 which should have been $35.86. when I checked my credit card the next day, they took $39.43, a difference of $3.57. I called the restaurant the next day, and was told the manager was not in but I would get a call back 2 days later. 2 days later, no call back. I just checked my credit card again, and now all of a sudden the charges are what they should be. Called the restaurant again and was told all of their records matched what I should have been charged. They could not explain how the original deduction was different, and of course "the manager is not in but will call you back tomorrow". There is obviously something wrong with this company, especially if the same deception "computer errors" is still going on 9 years later. This is a scam by the company banking on maybe 7 or 8 out of 10 people won't notice???? A nice chunk of change in their pockets for sure.