Amazon.com / they closed my account and no refund

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

Here's what I received from them via email.

Hello from amazon.com.

A careful review of your account indicates you've experienced an extraordinary number of incidents with your orders and corresponding shipments.

In the normal course of business, the occasional problem is inevitable. the rate at which such problems have occurred on your account is extraordinary, however, and cannot continue. effective immediately, your amazon.com account is closed and you are no longer able to shop in our store. I am very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Please know that any accounts related to yours have also been closed. if you were to open a new account, the same will result and it will also be closed.in the event that you attempt to do so, we will not accept the return of any additional orders, nor will we issue further refunds in connection with any future orders. we appreciate your cooperation in refraining from using our web site.

If you require additional assistance, or have any concerns, feel free to contact us directly at account-appeals@amazon.com.

Please do not contact regular customer service again, as they will no longer be able to assist you.

Regards,

Account specialist
Http://www.amazon.com

I tried to return a damaged item to them due to their poor packaging which isn't the first time already. now they decided to close my account. I sent them an email to find out what's going but no reply. I called their customer service and they refused to assist me. I can't return my item to them and it costs me $250, they are just simply don't want to deal with me and blacklisted me. amazon.com is a rip-off and horrible.

Comments

• Br
      13th of Aug, 2007
    Amazon - Poor Customer Service Annabellebooks

Let me start off by stating: Never buy from "annabellebooks" on Amazon.com

I normally have a very positive experience when dealing with sellers through Amazon.com. However, today I have to say I am very displeased with the seller "annabellebooks."

I ordered the book 'Fuzzing: Brute Force Vulnerability Discovery' written by: Michael Sutton (Author), Adam Greene (Author), Pedram Amini (Author) on the 8th of last week. Normally I at least see a status of shipped or some sort of estimated delivery date. annabellebooks had not updated any info as of today. Upset by the lack of service and information given in comparison to other sellers (I buy a lot of books) I decided to rate the seller 2/5 not the worst rating they could receive but they didn't live up to my expectations of a seller. I left a comment that I ordered the book the 8th and it still wasn't listed as being shipped the next week. I promptly received the following messages from the seller.

-------------- Begin seller message ---------------------

"The payment date of the book by you was August 8th. It is now only August 13th! How is that a week after you ordered it? This is completely unfair and false. This line of feedback should be removed at once. Check your order date, and get your story straight!!!"
    - annabellebooks.

-------------- End seller message ------------------------

(For the record I have yet to receive the book or information about the order)

-------------- Begin seller message ---------------------

Hello,

I saw the line of feedback, and I don't understand what you mean. You ordered the book on Aug 8th, obviously you got it, and now it is Aug 13th. How is that a week after you ordered it? If you do not remove this feedback I am going to contact Amazon regarding your unfair remark.

Sincerely,
    Annabelle Books

-------------- End seller message ------------------------

I contacted Amazon.com both via E-Mail and Phone. I have yet to hear back via my E-Mail and the phone conversation consisted of me being told that there is nothing Amazon.com can do.

I would have been satisfied to repost my review as 1/5 and explaining the horrible customer service I was provided. Since, I can't do that I plan on posting my negative experience with this seller to every seller complaint medium I can find.

• Pa
      24th of Aug, 2007
    Amazon.com - Unauthorized book offering and offering to print to order!

I am the author, publisher and copyright holder who is the sole seller of the book "Bob Nolan: A Biography and Annotations..." Today I found the book listed on Amazon with a click through connection to a print on demand service.

They have no right to offer the book for sale unless it has been obtained from a previous registered owner. They have no authority to offer print on demand or advertise by posting on their site an item they do not have rights to. All rights are reserved and it is so stated in the book.

I am the only one authorized to print and distribute this volume and any other service offered is intent to piracy of a copyright work.

• Jb
      18th of Sep, 2007

Actually sir, Amazon CAN offer your book for sale. Bob Nolan: A Biography and Annotations is listed as a "used resource" sale. Anyone can use Amazon to resell their copy of your book.

Just because you are the author, publisher and copyright holder does not mean that the purchaser/user/reader of your printed resource can not resell it in any chosen manner they wish.

“I am the only one authorized to print and distribute this volume and any other service..” This is true for the first sale, but not if the resource comes off the secondary market. If the resource is resold on the secondary market you do not get royalties and you do not have control of the resale.

“Piracy of the copyright work” is IF the user copied the work/reproduced in some fashion and then resold. Reselling of the original resource does not qualify.

If the secondary market is something you do not agree with then I would say please don’t produce any more resources. For further answers to “copyright infringement” questions I would like to refer you to the US Copyright Office (http://www.copyright.gov/).

• Wo
      29th of Sep, 2007

I agree completely. Amazon was unfair reselling your book instead of mine, just because you had a better title than I have. What gall! Annotated, huh? Well, what if everyone annotated their drivel? There would be used books selling like hotcakes, with no room for anyone to advertise new unannotated 'resources.' (I liked that word, 'resources' -- like anythingn I had to say would be resourceful or something.

W.

• Va
      29th of Nov, 2007
    Amazon.com - No customer service
    Seattle
    Washington
    www.amazon.com

There is no personal customer service at Amazon. No phone number, no instant chat, no problem solving. If their automated response doesn't apply, then too bad for the customer! My problem is that they won't keep my online account separate from my husband's, so we can buy each other gifts/surprises. Even though we have different emails and different passwords, because we share a laptop and PC's, it greets us as my husband, even when I log in separately. His wishlist automatically shows up. If I order from it, where's the surprise? I now download the whole families wish-list's and take them to Barnes and Noble, where they have actual customer service. The other items I buy off the shelf. I also tried ordering off someone else's list and if I put something in the shopping cart and tried to "continue shopping", there was no such option and I had to start over every time. Very cumbersome. I gave up! My husband and I are both professionals living in the U-district of Seattle, and we can't even reach someone at this local Amazon company where their headquarters are located. This is pathetic. I think it will catch up with them eventually and I think my hubby will dump the hundreds of shares of stock he has!

19th of Dec, 2007

I ordered 2 walkie talkies from Amazon and they came almost as heavy and as big as bricks. They were not advertised that way, and I returned them because of their size and weight. too many insults and hassles to enumerate, but they are evidently trying to drive good customers away. I just don't understand the inaccessibility and attitude.

26th of Dec, 2007

They took my customers money and refuse to pay me!

29th of Dec, 2007

I think i understand what he talks about
    someone prob scanned a copy of the book into a service and done it that way. You see each copy of the book sold a writer gets a percentage of the cost.

30th of Dec, 2007

Also i am having questions now on my own book why so many on the secondary market and not part of my sales
    It seems like amazon is cheating publishers as well.

14th of Jan, 2008

Jana, I'm sorry to hear about your bad customer service experience at Amazon.com.
    I had exactly the opposite experience.

I called Amazon because it looked as though they had recorded a purchase twice that I had just ordered online.

I put in my telephone number when I requested to talk with somebody at Amazon, and before I could turn around from my computer to grab the phone, it rang, and after a brief recorded message (maybe 10-15 second recording asking to have your order number ready) I was connected to a customer service rep at Amazon--not a recording, a person.

Unbelievable. She cleared up my questions, made sure my order was correct, and we were done in a matter of a few minutes.
    Now, for someone who has worked in both retail management and customer service, I treat folks the way I'd like to be treated, and in today's business world, especially online, I think that's pretty rare.

I seem to have no problem piping up when I feel I've been treated poorly, so it's only fair to give kudos when I feel I've been treated right, and while I never had to contact Amazon before this encounter (I had bought from them maybe six times before this incident), I was incredibly impressed with the way they handled my inquiry.

And I have to say Jana, I think your rant about "If their automated response doesn't apply, then too bad for the customer!" is incredibly unfair--"No phone number, no instant chat, no problem solving."
    Huh?

I just pulled up Amazon.com on my browser, clicked on "Help" in the top right corner of the Home page, then clicked on the Customer Service button in the box labeled "Contact Us," then clicked on the Phone tab in the middle of the page that was brought up, and that brought up a button labeled "Call Me."
    Click it, and a separate box pops up, you put your phone number in, and ta-da, your phone rings!
    Four clicks of the mouse in under a minute, your phone rings, and within seconds there's someone on the other end to help you.

If that isn't "personal customer service," I'll eat my mouse.

For what it's worth...

Take care,
    Brian

P.S.--No, I do not work for Amazon!

• Wa
      6th of Aug, 2008
    Amazon.com - Illegal payment
    www.amazon.com

I canceled my authority for 3 sites. I have been debited against my credit card for another $46.84 in contradiction of my instructions.

• Te
      25th of Aug, 2008
    Amazon.com - Charging for two when one was ordered
    Amazon.Com
    amazon.com

Three times in the last year, I have ordered a single book or CD from Amazon.Com and have received and been charged for two of the same item, not the one that I ordered. Their email help system, which allows you to print out return labels with free shipping, doesn't give you this category for a complaint, so you can't get the free label to return the item. Getting through their email system to get a real response is a nightmare and nearly impossible--all responses are automated and don't address the issue.

This has happened to me three times, and I'm not careless with entering my orders. It has also happened to two friends. So I can't help but think that it's a deliberate scam to charge people extra, assuming they won't have the perseverance to try to get their money back. After this last round, I refuse to order from them ever again and will get back to special ordering from my local bookstore and music store, which is what I should have done in the first place.

• R
      27th of Aug, 2008

Same happened to me, I got the same email from amazon on 08/27. Not sure why they did it, if returning items is not within their policy then they should change it or at least warn you before they close an account.

• Yu
      28th of Aug, 2008

I received the same email as well. Their customer support has not gotten in touch with me. It's terrible. I was a good customer. They treat you like garbage and get away with it.

• Yu
      28th of Aug, 2008

If you have had problems with your Amazon account unfairly and without substantive reason being closed, go here for help & help others.

• Le
      28th of Aug, 2008

I also received the same email today. I called regular Customer Service thinking that this was a spam email. Apparently it isn't. I have been a loyal Amazon.com customer for years and have made numerous purchases. True, I have returned items if it didn't meet my expectations, didn't fit, etc. I am very surprised because I have always gotten good service from them. They should send you a letter before they close your account and they should explain EXACTLY why it's being closed. The generic letter sent is horrible and is a great way of alienating current and future customers.

The CS rep I spoke with said that someone is going to call me within a couple of days - we'll see.

• At
      28th of Aug, 2008

I did receive the letter today 08/27/2008 I did experienced only a single package lost and refunds on theirs mistaken and not calculated buy one get one offers, at the begginning it looked like either a joke or a scam.I am not currently ordering from them anymore since dvdpacific.com has lower shipping rates and almost equal prices, however I wonder if it would be better for me to complain now or when or if ll ever want to order from them again. Some action has to be taken tho, i did spend since november 2007 500$ +
    and really wonder and doubt they can refuse a costumer without specyfing and prove a fraud ! I mean just reading that letter makes you think they are nuts !

• Sn
      28th of Aug, 2008

Same thing happened to me today. Emailed for appeal. I've bought shoes and returned them because they didn't fit (even though I bought them the size I normally would) or that they were just really really PAINFUL to wear due to bad design or quality. I've been with them for years myself, bought I don't know how many things and KEPT them. I'm waiting for their reply. It's really badly handled by them, if the returning is the problem. I agree they should just change their policy.

28th of Aug, 2008

They shut me down yesterday as well Loyal customer for 4-5 years with few returns and only returned if items were damaged in shipping or defective. Looks like a class action suit!!! I have pending orders that I can no longer track!! I can not look up my purchase history to print off invoices or reciepts for rebates ect... This was very wrong of them.

• H
      28th of Aug, 2008

I received the same email yesterday too. I have been a very long-time and loyal Amazon customer. I even bought a Kindle when they released it plus many e-books for it. Guess my Kindle is now an expensive, useless paperweight. I knew it was a risk being an early adopter for the Kindle but never imagined it would be because Amazon itself would close my account, and cut off my support for the device by banning me from their website.