Amazon.com / scam and fraud!
I searched the net for 'Canon PowerShot SD790IS 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom' the best price I got was $229.95 from amazon.com so I naturally placed the order, received a confirmation and thought I was going to get my order in a few days. Well the next day I received this email:
Greetings from Amazon.com,
We're sorry, but the following order from Ace Photo Digital has been canceled because the items you purchased were out of stock. Please return and attempt to purchase again at a later time.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
1 of Canon PowerShot SD790IS 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom
Your credit card was not charged for the order. To view your transaction status online, please visit:
Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.
Well as you can see Amazon.com is claiming that the vendor Ace Photo Digital does not have the camera in stock, what I did was go to acephotodigital.com and searched for the same item, they had it in stock, then proceeded to check out, now granted the price was $399.00 almost $200 more than it was on Amazon.com. I printed the page where I had to pay the $399.00 price it's on PDF I have proof that this is a bait and switch scam and I cant believe a company like Amazon.com is willing to take a big risk and opening themselves up to a big class action suit.
It is illegal to advertise something at a price then offer a higher price, it's called bait and switch!
More Amazon.com Complaints & Reviews
- Amazon.com - they closed my account and no refund 
- Amazon.com - blocked my sellers account for no reason 
- Amazon.com - dont buy from amazon seller stores123 
- Amazon.com - amazon refund nightmare 
- Amazon.com - fraud and cheating! 
- Amazon - privacy & confidentiality; delivery of condom 
- Amazon.com - monster energy supercross playstation 4 game
- Amazon.com - logistics delivery
- Amazon.com - I received the amount of the pages
- Amazon.com - prime orders not being delivered within the time promised.