Amazon.com / scam and fraud!

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

I searched the net for 'Canon PowerShot SD790IS 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom' the best price I got was $229.95 from amazon.com so I naturally placed the order, received a confirmation and thought I was going to get my order in a few days. Well the next day I received this email:

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're sorry, but the following order from Ace Photo Digital has been canceled because the items you purchased were out of stock. Please return and attempt to purchase again at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

==================================================
ORDER DETAILS
==================================================

1 of Canon PowerShot SD790IS 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom

Your credit card was not charged for the order. To view your transaction status online, please visit:

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Amazon.com

Well as you can see Amazon.com is claiming that the vendor Ace Photo Digital does not have the camera in stock, what I did was go to acephotodigital.com and searched for the same item, they had it in stock, then proceeded to check out, now granted the price was $399.00 almost $200 more than it was on Amazon.com. I printed the page where I had to pay the $399.00 price it's on PDF I have proof that this is a bait and switch scam and I cant believe a company like Amazon.com is willing to take a big risk and opening themselves up to a big class action suit.

It is illegal to advertise something at a price then offer a higher price, it's called bait and switch!

Va

Comments

• Rh
      27th of Jan, 2008

I sold on Amazon.com for over a year. I had 93-100% feedback until Christmas when Doba, a drop shipper, sent out shoddy guitars. My feedback went to 73% even though I worked day and night to satisfy all these complaints with refunds or replacements. I got my feedback back up to 93% which is no easy task as I had to send out 2nd and 3rd requests to get customers to leave it, then it is only 1/4 who do. Amazon knows and admits this but yet still has such rigid rules of 95% feedback to continue selling. They closed my account and removed my over 1000 products listed and now say I have to wait 3 months to receive any of the $3000 owed to me for sales. I have purchased the products and shipped all orders so I am out the money but they are keeping my money!!! They are crooks!!

• Ar
      28th of Jan, 2008

Amazon does this to everyone. 3k is nothing to what they held from me. I started selling on amazon everything was fine till my feedback also droped to 87%. Once is droped they held 53k and didnt stop my listing. They advised me to ship all out standing orders and provide tracking which brought me little over 70k. 6 months later they released my money only after me emailing them everyday. Also there is no phone number to call its email and hope for the best type of deal. AMAZON IS THE WAY TO GO!! (OUT OF BUSINESS).

• Va
      11th of Apr, 2008

I have joined the amazon seller account membership on March 2008. Two buyers had bought my items on this website on March and April 2008 but amazon.com has never transfer or released my funds to my bank account. They held my funds for 14 days because they wanted to check my performance first for A-to-z Guarantee claims from the buyer. After waiting for 14 days period, they did not transfer and release my funds yet. So, I emailed and complained to amazon.com why they did not release my money after 14 days. They replied my emails and told me that they need to hold my funds again until 45 days period. Well, I wasn't agree with this because they didn't give me a good reason why they still hold my funds such as long as like that.

One day later after I complained them, they blocked and suspended my seller account without the reason. I emailed and asked them why. They have never told me why they blocked and terminated my seller account. I can not sell my items again at this website now. Well, this is not fair! I asked them to transfer and release my funds now! But they never did it!
    Now, they sent me email again and held my funds for 90 days!

Well, this is not right! They stole and ripped off my funds now! They told me that they will transfer and release my funds for 14 days, then 45 days and 90 days now! Then what after 90 days? I believe that they are racist and discriminated with me!
    I hope I will get a justice against Amazon.com for this matter.

• 12
      14th of Apr, 2008

Yeah... they're racist... sure. You got what you deserved. Their system doesn't ban people for no reason. Period.

• Ri
      9th of Jun, 2008

After reading your comment I found out that I am not alone.
    I ordered a diamond ring from Amazon as a mother’s day gift one month before mother’s day. It is very expensive however I just want to surprised my mom with this luxury gift.

Unfortunately, Amazon kept postponed the shipping date and when I called them and they just told me due to some reasons that they can’t ship my order on time.

I kept waiting for it and checked my order everyday. Finally, one week after mother’s day, I got an email from them and inform me that they can’t find the diamond that I ordered. If they don’t have the product how could they post it online at the first time?
    It’s a totally scam. I emailed them but they just cancelled my order without any notification.

I am very frustrated about the services from Amazon. I will never shop there.

• Ju
      28th of Dec, 2009

Having same issue right now with ace photo digital . The item I ordered was a Sony HDR-XR200V 120GB HDD High Definition Camcorder w/15x Optical Zoom + Sony Leather Case for $134.99‏ That was an great price given the MSRP is $899.00 so I placed my order very quick but I got that Your order has been canceled notice the next day the reason was out of stock ... obviously that pissed me off I'm sending them email to their customer service with a carbon copy to the bulk merchandise seller hopfully they will honor the price but I'm sure this will be a battle wish me luck... oh yeh I'm looking for all the places to complain if things don't work out to my satisfactrion...