Amazon.com / won't honor payment method

Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

I placed an order with Amazon.com for the tv and selected the electronic check method of payment on August 27, 2008. Amazon received an authorization from Telecheck, but cancelled the transaction. After contacting customer service I replaced the order on the 28th and the same thing happened again. Their reason was that my bank would not validate my billing address. I contacted my bank (small local bank) and they had received no inquiry from Amazon. I went on working with customer service at Amazon until yesterday- we added notes that provided the proper phone number for my banks, the manager's names, and after almost 3 weeks of cancelled orders Amazon finally told me they weren't actually doing anything because they were a global company and didn't have time to mess with these things. I feel that if they aren't going to honor a payment method for purchases of a certain amount, then don't offer it or at least be honest with the consumer and tell them to take their business elsewhere.
Va

Comments

Wo
  19th of Jun, 2009
Very worrisome and the once the customer is hooked there is no way out. The company shrugs its shoulders if it is a third party seller and there is nothing the customer can do. The seller is the king here.
Wo
  19th of Jun, 2009
They then play merry go round and the customer is humiliated by showing your cart. It is my wish to browse items and whether they are Heidegger or what ever. I am entitled to see the website. If they do not deliver, getting a refund is a problem. They cannot walk away just because the item was sold by a third party seller who can make the customer look like an idiot. What can poor agents do? They answer telephone calls and cannot act on the company's behalf!
Ab
  27th of Aug, 2009
If you live in canada or any place other then the U.S. they wont honor your order. Just like I am going through a problem with them paying me money they owe me for work I did for them. I'm american living in Canada and they wont make payment to my bank. Just because it isnt a American bank account. they also have been telling me that I have to have an American drivers lisense. or I can get one of their gift cards i cant use on one of their international sites. LOL! I gave them thirty days to send me a check. Now for me to wait. If i don't get my pay I will be turning them in. really the people at Amazon seem prejudice to me. Look up what they have done to others in the past. btw, Anyone that has proof and wants a word in on things that Amazon has done. Send me your information. Absolutelywoman2@gmail.com. I might make this very well known what Amazon is doing. really truely Amazon is doing wrong to others.

Amazon.com Logo Amazon.com