Menu

reviews & complaints

The Bradford Exchange Complaints Summary

3 Resolved
100 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from The Bradford Exchange with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for The Bradford Exchange has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of The Bradford Exchange. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

The Bradford Exchange complaints 103

Sort by:

Newest The Bradford Exchange reviews & complaints

11:32 pm EST

The Bradford Exchange Sister set

I can't believe you took advantage of my naive sister! She wanted to get me the sister set and she thought you had to send it to her and then she had to send it to me. Then when I mentioned to her that there was a chip in the heart plate, you told her she would just have to purchase another one and she would have to pay shipping twice again? That is ridiculous!

I request that you either refund her the replacement amount or send me a shipping label so that I can send them both back to you and you can refund her money. None of that can be considered good customer service. There is no way that this is worth >$200 :(

Claimed loss: >$200

Desired outcome: I request that you either refund her the replacement amount or send me a shipping label so that I can send them both back to you and you can refund her money.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified The Bradford Exchange representatives only. If you are affiliated with The Bradford Exchange, please claim your business to access these details.

F
7:02 am EST

The Bradford Exchange Refund not given

I purchased the rainbow bridge candal holder from the bradford exchange early november 2023. It arrived about two weeks later but I returned it straight away as I was not satisfied with the quality. I had to contact them to see if they had received it as I knew it had been delivered by the tracking number. I paid by credit card but they said they would refund me with a cheque. I never received it, they said I had to wait because of the christmas post, after I kept emailing them about it. After a month it had not arrived so I they said it must be lost in the post and they would send me another cheque out, that was over a fortnight ago and I still have not received it. I paid £70 for the item plus £7 post and packing.

Desired outcome: Please refund

Refund issued back through Paypal

7:12 pm EST

The Bradford Exchange Non delivery of purchased item

Ordered and paid in full for item #[protected] on the 30/11/2023, rang customer support did not get satisfaction even when I pointed out their policy Satisfaction Guaranteed, was told item was not available yet it was still advertised online and still is today. WHY?

I also think it an insult when I received a $20 discount voucher in the mail when Bradford Exchange cannot communicate with customers

Desired outcome: I would like item ordered to be sent , or a full refund

Hide full review

Is The Bradford Exchange legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals The Bradford Exchange as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 2% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, The Bradford Exchange stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering The Bradford Exchange should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

The Bradford Exchange earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: The Bradford Exchange achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for The Bradford Exchange. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of The Bradford Exchange's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Bradfordexchange.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows The Bradford Exchange website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Bradfordexchange.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for The Bradford Exchange have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up The Bradford Exchange and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Bradfordexchange.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While The Bradford Exchange has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 2% of 103 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
O
10:24 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Client Number: [protected] Order Number: 7 [protected] To Whom It May Concern; I purchased the Graceland Christmas Elvis Presley tree as a gift and although it's beautiful I've experienced the Issues: 1)I find the ad totally misleading, (and yes shame on me for not scrolling down and realizing it's a series and you don't get the entire tree a...

H
10:11 am EST

The Bradford Exchange Freedom chopper cuckoo clock

I ordered a Freedom Chopper Cuckoo Clock in September 2023 from the Bradford Exchange online for $165.00, paid for it through my PayPal account, it was delivered to me in October 2023 . The package had another persons name above my address, no problem. After contacting customer service they informed me that my credit card declined the charge. I asked them for the last four digits of the card and I informed them it was not mine. Then they assigned my name to the persons account whose name was on my package and they demanded $271.00 for the clock. After sending my PAYPAL transaction and a copy of my credit card statement showing the Bradford Exchange transaction they still refuse to acknowledge my purchase.Now November 2023 the clock stopped working I contacted customer service , they sent me a return label I shipped the clock back, now they informed me they will not replace my defective product unless I pay them, the Bradford Exchange is a fraud company to deal with.

Harry Fash

Desired outcome: Refund my payment or replace the clock

6:47 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 10/12/23, I ordered Thomas Kinkade Light Up Season Ornament collection (box of 4). Instead of paying for it in installments, I paid for the entire box with my credit card. On 10/13, the funds were removed from my account. I received the ornaments on 10/18. On 10/30, I found out that they tried to charge me for another order worth $42.39. They had the...

9:14 pm EDT

The Bradford Exchange Checks

I purchased 2 box of plain standard single page checks for $5.99.

I did standard shipping & handling for $2.95 and tax was to be .63 cents for a grand total of $9.57. This was the amount quoted to me when I placed the order online. This was the amount am email sent to me a day later said. Imagine my surprise when they took $27.18 out of my bank account. When I called customer service they said well you ordered 7 years ago and since you ordered once in the past it costs much more. I asked why that wasn't quoted to me on the follow up email stating what they would be charging and they had no answere...but the checks have been mailed so toolate so sorry. I asked to talk to a supervisor and she said it would b a long wait...I said that is perfectly fine. After a half hour she came back and acted like she couldn't hear me and hung up. I can't give a low enough rating for this company!

B
1:36 pm EDT

The Bradford Exchange Items sent back

Last year just before Christmas I bought 2 real born dolls for my grand daughter, I wasn’t satisfied with them so I returned them at my local post office and purchased 2 more dolls which was beautiful.

A while later I received a debt collector letter about the 2 dolls I had returned, I am still battling to this day about these dolls I am not paying for something I no longer have. The serial numbers have been mixed up on both orders and they say they haven’t received them. There is no one to talk to you about this I have tried numerous times spoken to debt collectors about this. I would really appreciate someone from Bradford exchange to get in contact with me to find the dolls in your warehouse.

D
3:41 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered some personal checks in July. I waited three weeks and didn't receive. I contacted the company and we confirmed the address. They said they would resend and confirmed that they were resending in August and to this day - 8/31... I have not received any checks. I was told that I should have paid for the secure shipping, which I find ridiculou...

N
1:04 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I paid, what I thought was an initial fee of about $19.99 to ONLY receive free shipping on future orders, as advertised on your website. I had intended to send my 4, very young, grandchildren silver dollar collections every year on their birthdays until they're 21. Apparently by paying this fee, it allows you to send shipments, that I have never ordered...

E
3:15 pm EDT

The Bradford Exchange Silver eagle coins

i got 2 coins from the bradford exchange for 140 dollars i ordered 4 coins and they charged my card on 06/27/2023 for 280 dollars i never got the last coins i just now called them and they said that the 280 dollars only paid for 2 coins they jumped the price for the same coins from 70 dollars each to 140 dollars each and i have not got them yet they are crooks

Desired outcome: i want 4 coins for the 280 dollars i paid

5:57 pm EDT

The Bradford Exchange Rudolph Village

Bradford advertises and shows a 4 piece "Rudolph Village" for $69.99 a piece.

A year later they are still sending me 1 of the come to find out FORTY - yes I said Four Zero - pieces that are a part of this collection. They auto withdraw between $29 and $32 dollars sometimes twice a month from my bank account.

After receiving the fifth piece BUT NOT ANYTHING SHOWN ONLINE I called and inquired.

- They can't tell me what pieces are being sent next

- They don't have a catalogue or listing of available pieces

- They won't send me the items that were pitched as "Free with Purchase" because I haven't completed the collection

- They swear this is all legit and I should have known when I ordered the collection that this was basically a life long scam.

NEVER again BS Exchange...Preying upon people who aren't going to question things like I did and taking, taking, taking!

Desired outcome: TRUTH in advertisingA catalogue with the real inventory of ANY collection

Z
3:40 pm EDT

The Bradford Exchange Mail harassment

Ordered the ww2 planes handpainted zippo lighter collection with "wooden" display (is actually plactic painted to look like wood) and when mailed a zippo out of the series collection that was NOT a ww2 plane painted on the lighter, I called to cancel getting anything else from this series. Bradford exchange continues to send me these lighters along with an invoice, to which I refuse to open the mail & return to sender. I have called & been told my series was canceled yet they keep sending these lighters with an invoice.

Desired outcome: I demand that Bradford Exchange to Cease sending me these lighters and invoices that I have called on several occasions requesting to stop! Thanks in advance.

4:26 pm EDT

The Bradford Exchange Coin advertisement

I saw an ad that you could get a free silver coin and then I saw that you could buy a set for 79.00 dollars and I ordered it. I received the free one and nothing else but they started talking money out of my account. I spoke to them via email and they said they would cancel my subscription and my order and today I see they took money out again. I am going to the bank to file a report.

Desired outcome: End my contact with these people and I don’t want them to touch my account. End my subscription.

D
11:09 pm EDT

The Bradford Exchange Precious moments "dinner for two, just me and you!"

I had ordered this Precious Moments Figurine on June 5th of 2023. My wife's birthday was in two days. I paid an extra $39.94 for 2 day shipping and service to get it on time. All in total the item cost $170.50. Great! The item arrived on time as promised BUT, it was found severely destroyed when the package was opened. I immediately contacted Bradford Exchange customer service by phone and explained the problem. The representative took my information but did not seem to be interested in helping me. He told me that another one would be sent out and I should receive it sometime next week. I explained that I paid for 2 day shipping and that I needed it sooner. He stated that the best he could do was next week sometime. I asked him to take off the cost of 2 day shipping and then send it. He stated that he could not do that and that the cost is what it is. I was very upset with this and told him to just send me a return authorization and I will just send it back for a full refund. The representative stated that it is their policy that it will take 30 days or more to process the refund. I ask him if it was possible to get the refund sooner, he again stated that it is their policy that it will take 30 days or more to process the refund not any sooner. I did not want to loose the 2 day shipping fee and sent the item back on June 8th with no other choice but to wait for the refund. What makes me angry is that their customer service representative did not seem to care and just wanted to get off the phone. I ended up getting my wife another birthday gift which she was perfectly happy with. In the meantime, I will be waiting for the refund.

Desired outcome: I would like to have the refund sooner than 30 days.

A
2:32 pm EDT

The Bradford Exchange "she believed she could" jewelry box

My granddaughter lives in Alaska and I live in Tennessee.

I received a postcard from you advertising the "She Believed She Could" box and which time I decided to order it for her birthday excited that she would get her gift on time.

Her birthday was Feb. 7, she did not receive the box until late March.

At the time I sent the gift, I was a little concerned that even though the card was sent to me, she might be billed for it. This turned out to be the case. It would seem to make sense to me that the person ordering would be the payee. She has been billed twice.

My granddaughters info needs to be taken off of your billing record and by all means, do not let this bill affect her credit. This was ordered by myself as a gift.

Send bill to myself

There was no area on the postcard to verify who to bill

Desired outcome: Mmy granddaughters information taken off record & I will be billed

K
2:04 pm EDT

The Bradford Exchange Christmas decorated lantern scenes

We keep getting these things in the mail every few months. My wife ordered several during covid bit did not agree to shipments for life. Trying to return them does not work. Apparently invoices have now gone to collection.

We are on a fixed income; my wife has early stages of dementia, thus we have little use for these.

How do we stop them coming?

Desired outcome: Just stop shipping to us.

C
2:19 pm EDT

The Bradford Exchange Exchange / return

My mother received a "Footprints in the Sand" handbag as an anonymous Christmas gift (value $129.95). She spent $11.45 to mail it back to Bradford Exchange on February 4th after calling Bradford Exchange and explaining the situation to a Customer Service Representative. The handbag was returned in the original box and packing - brand new. She sent a letter with the package asking to receive a PEANUTS "Happiness Is A Warm Hug" Pendant Necklace (value $119.99) in exchange. Per the tracking number, an "Individual picked up [the package] at postal facility February 6, 2023 in Bensenville, IL 60106 [at 4:08 pm]. To date, the Peanuts necklace has not been received. We've made numerous calls to the Customer Service 800 number; they say the handbag will be returned because they cannot process the exchange without the original purchaser information (which we do not have and have no way to obtain). The handbag has yet to be returned. The last time I contacted them (March 27) I spoke with Kelsey, who transferred me to a supervisor, Cheryl, who directed me to contact Rich Tinberg / Bernard Frazier at the Executive Complain Line at [protected]. I did, and have left 3 messages (Mon/Wed/Fri 27th, 29th, 31st) clearly stating my name and number. The message states they will return my call within one business day. It's been over a week and I've yet to hear back.

Desired outcome: Since they received the $129.95 bag, I'd like them to send the $119.99 Peanuts "Happiness is a Warm Hug" necklace, or to at least return the Footprints in the Sand handbag. We're now out the $129.95 handbag and the $11.45 to mail it back.

L
5:42 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Bradford Exchange Scam company!!!!!

They ship random items to your home or place of business without authorization...then send you an invoice to pay for these said items that you never ordered...Do Not give them your credit card information or bank info...this company is clearly a scam because I've never heard of them or ordered from them and they tried to send cheap bracelets to me and bill me for it...they might have found my info on some data base. Weirdos!

L
11:34 pm EST

The Bradford Exchange Peter brock medallion

I have got all the Peter Brock medallions just wondering when I will recieve the last one. My client no is B1927754 Please let me know as soon as possible when I can expect it. My name is Linda Baumann 22 Canara St Benowa Qld ph [protected] Email address

[protected]@outlook.com

I would also like to complain that I was on hold on the phone for over half hour I find this completley unacceptable and think it is just to force people sto go on line once again I findthis very rude I expect an answer to my question within 48hrs

Desired outcome: to revieve last medallion

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

The Bradford Exchange contacts