Amazon / false advertising

Let me say that I was an avid Amazon supporter, but not anymore. On January 9, 2009, I was finally able to order an item that Amazon had shown as Out of Stock for several weeks. When I placed my order, the item showed in stock with next day delivery available. To save money, I chose their Free Super Saver Shipping. The item should have been shipped within 5 business days. After completing my order, I checked the status and everything seemed OK. I checked a few days later, and Amazon showed the item with an estimated delivery of February 20th - March 13. I immediately went to their site and saw that the same item had increased in price, but still had a 1 day delivery option. I spent another 2 days with their useless customer service department trying to make them understand that I shouldn't have to wait 2 months for an item that they show available with 1 day shipping. One of the reps explained that I could cancel my order and pay the new price to be sure I got the item quicker. That just blew me away and so, needless to say, I'm done with Amazon!

Comments

3rd of May, 2013

I too had the same problem with Amazon. I joined Prime because it said I would get the product in 2 days and after I checked out it says the products would not be received till 3 weeks later. This is truly false advertising from Amazon. This is how they get you to be a Prime member.

• Ia
      11th of Jul, 2016

I received an item that was FALSELY ADVERTISED - a printer cartridge that does not fit in my printer. The vendor is dishonest. Amazon made me pay for the return shipping charges. Amazon cares more about vendors than customers. My trust in Amazon has been destroyed. NO new Amazon vendors for me and believe me, that will limit my purchases.

• On
      1st of May, 2018

Needless to say. Some items will show a lower price but the moment I click by or on the size the price jumped to an unbelievably high price. This scam and false advertisement. There is 1 thing I can not stand is false ads.