Alltel Wireless / they charge for everything

I have been a customer of Alltel for 9 years. I recently changed plans, and soon after received a bill from ALLTEL. The bill was a partial bill had I had changed prior to the bill cycyle ending. No Problem. I paid the bill, and continued to use the phone. About a month and 1/2 passed by, and I received a text message on my phone telling me I needed to pay my bill. I contacted the office, as ALLTEL had recently closed the office in our city, and was told they would mail me a bill. I received a bill for the entire month and 1/2, but only a statement for part of the bill. I called ALLTELL again. I was informed that they would send the additional statement this time, but in the future I would have to pay $2 per month to get the statement mailed to my home. They also charged me for the text message they sent, as well as a late fee. I informed the lady I was not paying the text cost, nor the late fee, and that I would find another service that would mail the statements to me at no cost. I am presently try to find another carrier.

Comments

• Ed
      1st of Apr, 2008

I have been with Alltel wireless for almost 2 years. I recently had an unauthorized charge of $9.99 appear on my bill. I normally pay my bill over the phone using my debit card. I called to dispute the charge and while on the phone I noticed another hidden charge for $5.99 for Axcess Msgs pack and inquired about it. The rep stated it was for text messaging which I rarely use. I asked them to remove the charge as I had not requested it. The rep agreed. Later I looked at all of my Alltel bills and discovered they had charged me $5.99 per month for the last 10 months. I called them to complain and was told that as I had been paying it all along they would not issue me a credit. I requested to speak to a supervisor and was hung up on. I called ack, demanded a supervisor and got one named Eric. Eric said he could only authorize 1 month credit until he checked my account and would call me back within 2 hours. He never returned my call so Monday I called again and the rep said he could only authorize 3 months credit and Eric probably got busy and I should expect to hear from him as his schedule cleared up. Tuesday at 9 am I received a voice mail from Alltel stating my bill was past due and my phone would be shut off today if not paid. I again called them to straighten it out and was told by LaShawn that they'd contact me within 2 hours. It's been 3 hours and still no response. I have better things to do than spend days playing their games. I plan to write the FCC next to see what can be done.