Alamo / over charge on car rental

1 Reagan National AirportWashington DC, VA, United States

I reserved an economy car from the Washington Reagan Airport from March 11 to March 19 for $9.99 per day plus taxes. My RES number is [protected] and contract ID is 7014163. The economy car turned out to be a two door while I needed a four door. The next size up, a compact, was available with a charge of $35 per day. Since it was late and we were all tired I took the compact car. However, I found a much better rate from one of your competitors, Avis, so I returned the car on March 13. The two day charge was $269.62 which works out to be more than $130 per day, which is more than 3 times the $35 per day I was quoted.

According to your early return rental policy, the charge for an early return should only be $15 per day which means I should have been charged $70 + $30 for two days plus taxes, much less than the $269.62. Please credit my debit card which is on file. Needless to say, I will be telling all my family and friends about the extremely high prices you charge and the lousy customer service I've received. I will also be telling eveyone about the low prices I received from Avis and their good customer service.