[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / deposit being taken out my account
I rented a car through hotwire with Alamo Rental in the West Palm Beach Airport Terminal on April, 26 2017 and hotwire charged me $112 and change for the rental for 5 days. I opted out of all the extras to keep from spending more money so the Alamo rep scanned my card which was a deposit hold for $129 and I was on my way.
Upon returning the car I checked my bank account to find that Alamo had taken my deposit out of my account and the reps are just giving me a lame excuse about my money.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, May 09, 2017
Dear Mr. Walker,
Thank you for contacting the Social Media Team. We certainly understand how upsetting it is to encounter unexpected charges and your feedback is important in maintaining and improving service and satisfaction for all our valued customers.
As a one time courtesy, it is my pleasure to refund $129.95, the cost of the Collision Damage Waiver. I have attached a copy of your amended invoice. Please look for this refund to settle and be applied to your Visa card on file in the next several days. The Incident ID for this transaction is: 27083747.
Thank you for choosing Alamo! Please let us know how we can further assist you.
Social Monitoring Coordinator
More Alamo Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo - extra charge from ec vehicle rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car hire in anaheim 
- Alamo Car Rental - driver hinting for tips
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - over charged and customer service is the worst. please stay away from alamo rent a car.
- Alamo Car Rentals - non-refund of money owing