[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / deposit being taken out my account

West Palm Beach, FL, United States

I rented a car through hotwire with Alamo Rental in the West Palm Beach Airport Terminal on April, 26 2017 and hotwire charged me $112 and change for the rental for 5 days. I opted out of all the extras to keep from spending more money so the Alamo rep scanned my card which was a deposit hold for $129 and I was on my way.
Upon returning the car I checked my bank account to find that Alamo had taken my deposit out of my account and the reps are just giving me a lame excuse about my money.

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, May 09, 2017

Dear Mr. Walker,
    Thank you for contacting the Social Media Team. We certainly understand how upsetting it is to encounter unexpected charges and your feedback is important in maintaining and improving service and satisfaction for all our valued customers.
    As a one time courtesy, it is my pleasure to refund $129.95, the cost of the Collision Damage Waiver. I have attached a copy of your amended invoice. Please look for this refund to settle and be applied to your Visa card on file in the next several days. The Incident ID for this transaction is: 27083747.
    Thank you for choosing Alamo! Please let us know how we can further assist you.
    Carol
    Social Monitoring Coordinator

deposit being taken out my account
Fe