Airtel India / dumb 121 customer service!

1 India Review updated:

Airtel Customer Service -121-really hopeless. If really anybody is in duty for customer service at 121 of Airtel - then - why it is like this? I responded to your KBC3 direct entry contest which concluded on 18th Feb'2007. I was a participant who very eagerly contested in this contest. But after 18th Feb'2007 everyday I sent message to 121 asking the result. Every time automatic reply was there from 121 that "we will revert back to you within 24 hours". But I could not understand that for Airtel there was no word like 24 Hours because till this 24th Feb'2007 I have not received any reply stating the result respite repeated sms message to 121 asking the result.

If any higher official from Airtel is reading this complain please tell whether the Airtel KBC3 contest was just a fake or not. If it is real contest - then why Customer Service employees are acting this dumb acting. What is the problem?!
Also note that I have sent e-mail to 121@airtelindia.com asking the same question. There also the same activity - what I or anybody should call it - IRRESPONSIBILITY OR NOT?

If Airtel persons are doing everything honestly then they should keep courage to reply to the customer promptly for customer satisfaction. Otherwise don't send so many offer messages etc etc to the mobile all the time from 121 - because if Airtel persons can't reply to a simple query how they can send so many messages and expect something - which are means of collecting rupees in different ways - they should not do like this.

Dk

Comments

• Su
      25th of Feb, 2007

I am also one of their client which was harassed by them for a month. My brother was using number 9810915125 when they started the series 99 I took it but was using Reliance. After paying rental for four month I thought to activate my number 9910915125. then the hell broke after fifteen remainders to activate my number they didn’t have any clue. They said their was problem with the sim& they will supply me the duplicate sim. Most of their customer care executive were making lame excuses that server is down they were not able to see the records or they had passed their request to technical guys, but they are not working on the complain. After several reminders they send me the sim with the assurance that it will be activated after calling the customer care. but my number never started after several call to customer care. They didn’t have the clue what was wrong. I am really troubled to call them the bunch of unprofessional Not having the basic manners & not aware of their job. I remember most of their names, when I asked to transfer my call to senior officers they didn’t comply. After many request they did transfer my call to them but they were also inefficient I asked what was problem they didn’t know. I asked what is my complain number so that I can use them as reference if I have to call again. they were hesitant to give. at last they said your mobile number is your complain number. Third officer gave my the address of their franchise address of vashali saying that they are the person who could help me .My brother wrote email to their nodal officer, appellate officer & one to CEO desk asking them to help us & please give us written replay why nothing is done at their front. They never bother to replay our I mails .When we tried their phones it was directed to other person who never picked it. After failing at that front i approached to their franchise Haris enterprise vashali, they said that it will be done from the customer care In front of me they called air tel officers and took some token number and said my phone will be activated with in 4 hours. two days passed still no development at airtel front. When i approached harish enterprise they gave other assurance that it will today start. At home I came to know that airtel will send other sim as the duplicate sim which was given to me was mistakenly supplied to me. Third sim arrived with the new assurance it will activated with in four hour. but again the same thing no activation of sim& cold replay the customer care & their officers. Again I was forced to approach their franchise. the lady was sorry for my troubles She again called his officers stating all my problem but she didn’t give any solution. Her call came thrice asking is my sim activated but her work felt in the deaf ears. No activation of my number.

Again i went to the franchise she asked me not to visit as she felt troubled for my in convenience. she again called her officers& said that she will update me on the phone on every development. lastly my phone started the first thing which came on my phone was 800 bill. Although their was no out standing bill on that number and when I approached the customer care they were not aware. One representative did call me I asked him why no action was taken to solve my problem He said he will go to all record and will get back to me to tell what went wrong. i am still waiting for his replay
    Three sim, several calls, many emails& several visit to franchise is not assurance to get your work done by Airtel people & last sending bill without outstanding.

• Vi
      2nd of Jul, 2007

i am vivek . i am using airtel ,my 30 rupees has been deducted from my account as ringtone club memebership but i didn,t load ringtone or hellotune from this services. why so i am suffering problem after this ,this thing is happening since 2 months,i told to customer care but no any action taken

with regrads
    vivek jha
    mb no=9910274233

16th of Jul, 2007

This is the second time I am unable to connect airtel gprs. I don't know the reason behind this neither I am getting any help from your side. Previously I was tried for two months in January, February but I failed it and lose for Rs.500/- for this. Again I am trying but getting same problem as well. I need very much of yours engineers to solve this problems whether my PC is supporting or not for the same. As the my PC is latest version Window XP Service pack 2 of Original Compaq Pressario model.
    At the same time i want ask you the reason for locking the customer care through my mobile as it cannot be talk to executive.

subhash

• Hp
      16th of Sep, 2007

Airtel 'Ringtones Club' is a mockery!These guys loot with impunity and should be taken to task!!They deduct amounts from your balance & load un-called for ringtones if you mistakingly respond to their sms message.So beware.

• Cs
      30th of Sep, 2007

Hello Airtel,this is request for the transfer of deposit of rs 400 made on this phone number 9900121477 which has cancelled, were balances in this phone number has been cleared on 27th september 2007 of Rs1530 (bill no.rf.no 105-07010587) ,so kindly please transfer the deposited amount of Rs 400 to this phone number 9880083283 in name of C S SATHISH ........THANKYOU

18th of Oct, 2007

Dumb 121 service 09896926503.

• Sm
      11th of Nov, 2007

Airtel officers whether senior or junior are idiots. They can only make customers fool and can suck money by applying tricks.

• Ri
      13th of Dec, 2007

How to unsubscribe ringtone club...