Air Canada / terrible service

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 310-849-3023

I arrived well over two hours early for return flight from Toronto to LAX and checked in. Despite having chosen a seat during my internet ticket purchase, no seat assignment was printed on my boarding pass. Ticketing and luggage matters were handled smoothly initially. Well before boarding commenced I lined up to receive seat assignment, but the single agent handling all pre-boarding matters was so busy with phone calls, etc., he required 40 minutes to service only the 8-10 passengers ahead of me. Consequently I was only assigned a seat at the very last minute-after standing unnecessarily in line-and boarded. I received a window seat but needed an aisle seat since I must use the toilet frequently.

During the flight an attendant handed me a message stating that my luggage was not aboard the flight.

1. The boarding agent did not call for assistance, thus not only delaying the flight's departure, but the flight attendant then lied about the reason for delay in his PA announcement upon takeoff.

2. The boarding agent had every reason to know that the luggage of last minute boarders would not be loaded, since security requires that flier must be boarded-or at least have a seat assignment- before his luggage will be loaded.

3. Since the boarding agent was so far behind, many other passengers had their luggage withheld, yet no steps were taken to augment the sole clerk at the lost baggage office at LAX, thus increasing delays for passengers since registering a lost bag is a fairly lengthy process.

4. The in flight video was screwed up from the beginning but it took the crew 30+ minutes to realize it and initiate a lengthy re-boot. When AC's video is not functioning it is maddening to deal with, since there is not indication that it is mis-booted. It simply acts as if it should work, but doesn't.

5. Only 5 minutes before boarding the agent announced that the purser was not given change for on board purchases. At this point it would have been impossible for passengers to race 100 meters to attempt to get change. It was simply idiotic.

6. Please send me proof that these obvious, structural deficiencies have been corrected... i.e., that I am not wasting my time writing to you.

Thank you.

Comments

• Ge
      18th of Jan, 2010

You are wasting your time. Air Canada like so many airlines has become a bus company. Unfortunately their employees harbour disillusions that they are somehow professionals who deserve to be obeyed and respected. All the while not showing the same courtesy to the travelers who pay their salary.

Unfortunately they have no standards to live up to as the entire industry is just as arrogant and inefficient.