SriLankan Airlines Logo

SriLankan Airlines

Having problems with SriLankan Airlines?

SriLankan Airlines reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 18, 2011. The latest review Lost Phone on board was posted on Jul 21, 2021. SriLankan Airlines has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 10 reviews. SriLankan Airlines has resolved 0 complaints.

SriLankan Airlines Customer Service Contacts

+94 117 771 979 (24 Hour Contact Center)
+94 197 331 627 (Passenger Complaints/Compliments)
+94 197 335 555 (Corporate Office)
+94 197 333 333 (FlySmiLes 24 Hour Service Centre)
+94 197 331 393 (Baggage Complaints/Feedback)
+94 197 333 280 (SriLankan Cargo Office)
Airline Centre, Bandaranaike International Airport
Katunayake
Sri Lanka

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SriLankan Airlines Customer Service. Initial SriLankan Airlines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for SriLankan Airlines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about SriLankan Airlines. Discuss the issues you have had with SriLankan Airlines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

SriLankan Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Srilankan AirlinesLost Phone on board

Our family travelled from Columbo to Melbourne on flight UL604 on 13th Jul 2021. Our journey was ok as we had to travel from Bangalore to Chennai and then Chennai to Columbo and were placed in transit location for few hours before our flight to Melbourne. It was all good and once we got on the plane were told we could use the back portion of the plane as the flight was mostly empty or limited number of passengers (25) allowed due to Australian limit on number of people allowed to Australia. We were allocated seats on 57; however, we sat on middle part of 56 as we (me, my wife and our 1 year infant) can sit together.

Once we got to Melbourne International Airport, all passengers were ready to disembark the flight; however due to some requirement we were not allowed for while. Our family was also ready to disembark and had taken all items to do so. However, given the delay, we sat briefly on seat 55 which is when I have left my wife's iPhone (Description of the phone - iPhone 7 with Brown colour flip open case and contained Australian Medicare Card, Australian Myki Card & Indian Driving License) on the seats while trying to manage our little son as my wife had to use the toilet. While my wife was still in toilet the flight passengers were allowed to disembark. Once my wife was back we all disembarked the flight and unfortunately at this stage I have misplaced my wife's phone on seat 55.

After arriving at hotel quarantine in Melbourne at 1 am, I had realised that I had left my wife's phone in the flight and called SriLankan Airlines in Melbourne next day morning to check the on the item. I was advised by the customer service representative to send an email to [protected]@srilankanau.com.au. I sent an email as advised with description of the item lost which was then onward internally few times and after multiple follow up, I was advised they had conducted extensive search and unfortunately had reached dead end.

I appreciate the effort put in; however, it is disappointing as I had left the item on seat 55. We have very fond memories (videos/photos) of our little son (1 year old) in the phone and it is unfortunate that I have misplaced it on our flight to Melbourne.

It would be really appreciated if there a thorough check conducted on the plane and also if anyone who cleaned the flight had come across it.

Can you please help me get back my phone?

Thanks.

Srilankan Airlinessrilankan airlines refund issue

i have booked ticket in January 29 in srilankan airlines to travel to India due to covid pandemic flights are cancelled but still i didn't get my money refund back i have booked ticket through rehlat when ever i ask for refund they are replying the airlines is not refunding the money and they are not responding almost 1 year 3 months completed still i didn't get refund.

srilankan airlines refund issue

Srilankan Airlinesflight ul307 from singapore to colombo, refund

I purchased two tickets from Sri Lankan on July 12. On the same day, I called customer service to cancel the tickets, and I was informed on this call that I should do the online cancellation, at a cancellation fee of US$20 per ticket (provided Sri Lankan the protocol number for the call, which they did no bother to check). I applied for the refund, as recommended, and received an email saying the refundable amount would be informed to me in two business days. I never received the email informing me of the refundable amount.

One day later (Aug 13) I have received the refund in my credit card, and was surprised to see a cancellation fee in excess of US$240, which was both (1) higher than the amount I was informed on the phone and (2) completely unexpected as I was never informed the amount I was going to be refunded (which should have happened in two business days, according to the company's own email).

They have been extremely rude, not to mention absolutely unhelpful on the phone trying to solve my problem, or even explaining the reason why it happened in the first place. This happened in spite of me being a oneworld Emerald member. Cannot imagine how they treat all their customers, if this is what recurrence gets you.

• Aryan Russ Sep 27, 2019

It is useless talk without the attached documents.

Jan 13, 2019

Srilankan Airlines — wrong passenger name in the flight ticket

i made online booking from the Sri Lankan Airlines, i received the ticket reservation confirmation with my...

Srilankan Airline — Boarding denying + unacceptable behaviour

We booked 3 sits in the flight from Colombo to Chennai. The take-off was planned at 00:55am. At 00:00, the...

Colombo

Srilankan AirlinesDenial of boarding in Srilankan Airlines Flight UL 218 on 13 July 2016 at Doha Airport and inappropriate behaviour of the airlines staff

This is with reference to me and my friend's bitter and spiteful experience with the SriLankan airlines staff resulting in mental anguish, loss of time, money and energy.
        o We reported to the airport after 7.45 pm on 13/7/2016, when our flight was due at 10.30 pm. There was a long queue there. We were standing in the queue from then onwards, till 9 pm when we reached the counter. We tried to check in the baggages we had packed together. We had three bags together to check in. They insisted that we can't put our baggages together. We explained that we are travelling together to my home in Kerala and we have our bags together. But they insisted that we separate our luggage! We were surprised- it’s not the first time we are travelling with friends –we had always packed together and checked in together in various airlines. I myself had travelled in SriLankan Airlines in 2013 with a friend like that. But, the staff explained that it is their airline policy and they instructed us to repack – make our baggages separate 40 kg each and report before 9.30 pm.
        o We followed their advice and repacked. As I didn't have an extra bag, I borrowed my friend’s hand baggage to put a few kilos for check in. We rushed back to the counter by 9.15 pm, and they refused us saying we need to go back to the end of the queue again. We don’t know about this policy, but we very well know that if there is excess baggage to be given outside or to be paid, we come back to the same counter and not to the end of the queue. But Mr. BIMAL was insistent that we have to go back to the end, as if we are bypassing the queue. We tried to explain what he already knew that since more than an hour we have been in the queue and we have been at the counter before, we did not bypass anything. I was upset and argued that this is not fair on us. But, very calmly, Mr. Bimal SWITCHED TO A THREAT MODE, saying” if I don't agree the staff won't attend to you”, VERY CLEARLY IMPLYING THAT BECAUSE UNFORTUNATELY WE BOOKED SRILANKAN AIRLINES, WE ARE LITERALLY UNDER HIS MERCY ! I WAS SHOCKED BY THIS BEHAVIOUR AS YOU NEVER EVER EXPECT AN AIRLINE STAFF TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS EVEN IN REAL THREATS. But, we were left with NO CHOICE, so we went to the end of the queue again.
        o BUT I WAS SO SHOCKED, that in between I went and asked that I wanted to talk to the supervisor . Then Mr. BIMAL told that he himself is the supervisor. So I asked him straight away that if I wanted to complain, how and where I should do that .
        o Later, we reached another counter again . This time the staff, Mr. BALWIN checked my baggage, even tagged one of them, then we saw Mr. BIMAL showing him some signals ...and suddenly he stopped the procedure .. and made us wait . We got worried as the time was running out for the flight and the staff telling, he doesn't know what happened . Then Mr. BIMAL was persistently commenting that our baggage is pooled . And we were explaining that we had gone and repacked as they advised. IT SEEMED THAT MR.BIMAL WANTED TO DELAY US ON PURPOSE - AS IF TO SHOW “ OK . IF YOU DARE COMPLAIN, LET ME SHOW WHAT I CAN DO .” – THAT WAS EXACTLY HIS ATTITUDE!
        o We waited for another 10-15 minuetes without knowing what happened. Now appeared MADAM BINUSHA or DINUSHA whatever, who later turned out to be the embodiment of vengeance . She came and insisted that we are still pooling our baggages! We again tried to explain that – “ yes, we came together from same home, now going together to my home in India, had packed together, had bought some gifts also together - but we had followed the advice by the staff and had repacked our stuff and is coming back for a second time to the counter .” Then she found out that my friend was carrying a bag with my initials. I tried my best to explain that I already had a big baggage and rest of my stuff I had cargoed already. Since she wanted an extra bag I have lend her my bag and also pointed out that I am using her bag to put my things because I wanted a smaller bag. However we explained, this embodiment of stubbornness won't listen. And they are keeping on saying we can't allow, without suggesting a solution. Then frantically I told that, if it is because of my initials on my friend’s luggage, okay put it for me, I will pay for excess baggage, please let us go!” . Then, she immediately switched to -NO, THE COUNTER IS CLOSED ! When we are still in the counter after being in the queue for TWO HOURS NOW ... We definitely know that we could/should have been allowed to travel; we were denied boarding because this lady did not want us to be on board, for reasons which may be hidden or unknown to us.
        o And without any suggestion or help from any of your staff who all just left us bewildered, I went after Ms. STUBBORN EMBODIED -MADAME BINUSHA OR DINUSHA WHATEVER PLEADING, BUT OF COURSE, SHE TURNED A DEAF EAR TO KEEP UP WITH HER STUBBORN TITLE .
        o I didn't know what to do next, because my old parents would already be on the way to pick me and they will be waiting for us in the TVM airport ...
        o Then, since my friend was coming with me, we had made lots of arrangements for travel. Changing the tickets and bookings by one day is a lot of hassle. So we had to travel in the next available flight at any cost. SPOILING MY FRIEND’S ENTIRE TRIP TO INDIA IS A BIG PRICE TO PAY FOR SRILANKAN AIRLINE STAFF’S REVENGE ON ME BECAUSE I TOLD I WANTED TO COMPLAINT! So we had to pay an extra huge sum to avail tickets in next possible flight.
        o NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE :-
        1. Why did your staff tell us to repack and come in the first place, if ultimately they are not going to allow it ? What did they expect when they told so -they already knew we packed together and wanted us just to separate things and comeback before 9.30 pm and THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE DID !
        2. IS THERE ANY POLICY IN ANY AIRLINE THAT I SHOULDN'T BORROW A BAG AND TRAVEL? BECAUSE I DO SOMETIMES TAKE MY FRIEND’S OR BROTHERS BAG WITH THEIR INITIALS, DEPENDING UPON THE SIZE OF BAG I WANT AND VICE VERSA. I THINK IT'S UPTO ME TO DECIDE WHICH OR WHOSE BAG I SHOULD USE!
        3. AFTER COMING TO THE COUNTER A SECOND TIME DOING REPACKING AS YOUR STAFF INSTRUCTED WITHIN THE STIPULATED TIME, WHY WERE WE DELAYED UNNECESSARILY AT THE COUNTER AGAIN ?THAT TOO AFTER TAGGING MY BAG, WITH SIGNALING FROM THE SUPERVISOR ! IT IS QUITE EVIDENT THAT MR. BIMAL WANTED TO DELAY US ON PURPOSE, AS A REVENGE BECAUSE I WANTED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT HIS THREATENING ATTITUDE!
        4. SECOND TIME AT THE COUNTER, WHEN THEY ARE KEPT ON TELLING, ”WE CAN'T ALLOW, YOU HAVE POOLED THE BAGGAGE”- AND WE WERE ASKING, “SO WHAT SHALL WE BE DOING ABOUT IT” - WHY NOBODY IS INSTRUCTING US WHAT IS THE SOLUTION IF THEY ARE NOT ALLOWING? AS ANY OTHER AIRLINE STAFF, WE EXPECTED THEM TO HELP US, NOT CREATE MORE PROBLEMS! THEY WERE JUST DELAYING THE PROCESS FOR ANOTHER 10 -15 MINUTES.
        5. WHEN, I, IN A HAPLESS STATE, SUGGESTED IF YOU INSIST THAT IT IS MY BAGGAGE, I WILL PAY EXCESS - LET US GO - WHY THEY DIDN'T ALLOW THAT ? Though now I wish they had asked my friend what's inside, she could have told and proven at least !
        6. We had come to the counter within the time limit TWICE, then isn’t it the airlines responsibility to help us to travel ? Or is it this way your staff is trained to behave to two females travelling together ?
        7. After being purposefully delayed at the counter for 10 -15 minutes by your staff, how can they say that we have closed the counter when we are still there after standing in queue for two hours totally twice, after repacking as your staff advised, after standing in the queue a second time as your staff instructed - HOW CAN YOU SIMPLY GO OFF SAYING WE HAVE CLOSED AND WE CAN’T FLY. YOUR STAFF IS NOT JUST CUSTOMER UNFRIENDLY TO THE HILT – IT WAS AS IF THEY ARE PUNISHING US.
        8. That reminds me of your staff, Mr. BALWIN ‘S TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR TO THE CLIENTS. IS SRILANKAN AIRLINES PAYING HIM TO TEACH US HOW TO BEHAVE ? At the counter, we are bewildered on why they are delaying us ...and we are asking him what's happening :
        Mr. BALWIN is preaching us on “why we are looking at him as if he did something from the time we are there, and why we are staring at him, and THAT THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY FOR US TO BEHAVE !!! “ OF COURSE, THOUGH I DEFINITELY KNEW THAT IT WAS NONE OF MR. BALWIN’ S BUSINESS ON HOW WE BEHAVE - I, as politely as I could when you are being RAGGED, replied that “sorry if you felt that way, our frustration is not against you, but against the whole situation and that we did not stare at him ”, Carefully NOT adding that, as such he is not a pleasant sight to stare .
        9. And, when we met the Srilankan airlines Station Manager, Doha Airport, Mr. D.J. Ahamat who was polite and calm and did listen to what we had to compliant in such a desperate state. But seemingly he too couldn’t help us much. When we asked him for a report that we were there on time and why we were not allowed to board - he just wrote and gave due to baggage pooling. There was no written answer to my question of why they didn't allow me to pay excess baggage then.
        10. And are your supervisors entitled to switch on threatening mode and take revenge on clients who just by Ill fate happened to book on your flight ?
        11. So, how do you plan to compensate for the mental anguish caused, loss of time, loss of money by cancellation and booking next flights and loss of energy caused by your unhelpful staff? I FEEL THAT THEY SHOULD ALSO BE TRIED FOR THE ACT OF HARRASSMENT.
        12. When we had reported well in advance of the time almost three hours ahead, why should we pay for the losses incurred, if the Airlines was unable to attend to us and solve our problems and purposedly delay us?
        I even felt so scared that if YOUR STAFF CAN TORTURE IN THIS RASH WAY TO US ON GROUND, THEY ARE CAPABLE OF PHYSICALLY OR MENTALLY TORTURING US ON BOARD OR EVEN AT THE STOP OVER IN THEIR NATIVE COUNTRY OF SRI LANKA.
        Previously mine and my family member’s experience with SriLankan Airlnes had been really good. My brother and family always remember with special thanks, the hospitality your staff in Colombo airport had extended to them. My travel with my friend also in your airlines was smooth. So, I really don’t know what happened on this doomed day – may be it was just that the DOHA TEAM of your airlines that day consisted of the most unhelpful and malicious of your group and we happened to be the victims.
        Overall, our current experience with Srilankan airlines was truly horrifying, unheard of, and I sincerely hope that this doesn't happen to anyone else .

Srilankan AirlineI'm going to complain about the rude and inappropriate service from the one of staff member at the Sri Lankan air port

My name is Kasun Fernando .When We bought the up and down ticket for me, my wife and baby infant from Canada, it was including 3 checking luggage (13kg for my baby), 3 hand luggage (with 12 kg for each person ) when we came from Canada we had 3 transit, including Doha Qatar to Sri Lanka.And there was nothing problem according to our tickets ( they allowed us to bring 2 back pack, one hand bag for my wife and little baby bag ) When we came back from Srilanka (CMB )at place of the checking luggage, there was nothing problems, we also paid our extra luggage and they allowed us to bring 3 hand luggage with 10 kg for each person With 2 back pack one hand bag and the little baby bag., After all when we came to board to the flight ( Sri Lankan air line UL217 Doha Qatar departure was on May 02 at 18:45), There was a lady her name is Michel with the blue dress, she yelled at us there are too many luggage and she's not gonna allow us to go like that, and she empty our bags and throw it infront of the staff and the people, ( everybody was looking at us at that moment) she was so rude to us .we said her, we were just checked if they said us like that, we could have paid for the extra., then she said ok, and asked from us with high volume of the voice do you agree to pay $ 200 USD from the second hand luggage., I said ok, let me go and pay, at the first time she said ok go and pay, before left the 30 second she yelled again, that she can't let us go and pay, and said u guys just leave the luggage or leave the stuff and go away from here., there was so many baby clothes too which was empty from the bag, and my baby was really sick with fever., My wife said to her that "my baby is really sick with fever and don't give us hard time like this " and She insulted us " Oh your baby got sick right after got here" . We werde so frustrated about this lady. We really needed some baby clothes to change him later, Because we had to fly 29 hours to Canada with 3 transit) then My wife took some her clothes from the luggage and put it on the chair where the other stuff and clothes were (that Michel throw from the hand luggage) And my wife kindly asked from her, that let us take some baby clothes. that clothes instead, And she point out her hand with the finger, told my wife to go away to the flight .she just behave to us just like for animals., we were so uncomfortable about this incident, finally the cabbing manager of the flight came to us . and she. ( Michel)also pushed us to go to the flight with law volume at this time but with angry ., even though there was a empty hand luggage and the so many stuff that she took from us, she didn't allow me to take even the empty hand luggage . We allowed 3 hand luggage according to the ticket. But she got the one hand luggage and the stuff more than 10 kg ., and she didn't tell us what she's going to do for that .she just forced and pushed us to board to the the flight, ( I don't know that she use to treat the people who are going to Doha Qatar like this.). After 4 years we came to Srilanka, there were so many air lines that we could have booked. But we choose the Sri Lankan air line because we are srilankan ., but we didn't choose the Srilankan air line to take the rude and inappropriate behaviour from the ground agents ..i have chosen the Srilankan air line fue time before, but nobody treated us like this.this was my wife's first time that she got the flight ( from Srilankan air line) with me for Doha Qatar transit to Canada. I was so frustrated about this. And I never choose the Srilankan air line again. However the cabbing manager of the flight ( UL 217 - Doha Qatar ) asked from us what happened and he said us to give in writing complain letter against this lady's rude behaviour . ( because everyone saw this incident)And I gave him that while we were in the flight, I don't want any compensation . but I want ( ground agent) Michel should have inquiry and punish against this case...

Srilankan Airlines — Error made on Issuing Ticket

SriLankan Airlines Call Center, did a date change for me. I had made the necessary payments, and they...

Srilankan Airlines — complaint against SriLankan Airlines

From: Abdul Bari Khaleel Ahamed FlySmiLes Membership No.:UL600483004 Ticket # [protected] Confirmation #...

Srilankan Airline — Force me buy return ticket

NIGHTMARE AT MUMBAI AIRPORT AFTER 24 HOURS JOURNEY FROM CANADA Srilankan staff at Mumbai airport force me to...