Aerus Electrolux / buyer beware

We purchased a vacuum cleaner for $2600 on the afternoon of monday may 22, 2008. We returned it the following morning. They would not issue a refund. The sales agreement which they provided, and which I signed at the time of purchase, specifically stated that we were allowed 3 days in which to return the product. Regardless of the existence of this agreement, they continue to refuse to issue the refund and have also refused to even submit the denial in writing. I am pretty sure that they are doing this to stall us until the 3-day period expires. I have mailed, faxed and emailed written
Demand for the refund (to prove that the return was requested within the allowable time period), and have filed a dispute with our visa. However, due to the way that this company has acted, I wanted to also file complaints with every consumer organization that I can find so that other people will be aware of this situation before they go in and impulsively purchase a ridiculously expensive vacuum cleaner.

Also, the national company has been elusive and unresponsive when contacted. Presumably, they condone this activity. There is a cult-like atmosphere surrounding this company. Buyer beware!!!

An

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2009

I have the same problem in kingston pa. I bought a vacuum for over $1, 000. it recently broke and the wires were frayed. they blamed and accused us for the defect and told us we have to pay for the repair. buyers beware aerus is bogus its not the electrolux you once had. your better off buying and older used model on ebay. I have an older one it will not quit.

• Su
      16th of Jul, 2012

They are a great company, but like all other companies, it depends on who you deal with. If you had a bad time at a burger place, would you stop going to all of them? Franchises are owned by individuals, and as with everything else, you have good, and bad people. I would suggest that you deal with a different franchise in the future.