Aeroplan Travel Services / air canada travel

1 Canada

My name is Matthew Carson(aeroplan number [protected]). I booked a flight for my daughter, Bianca Trottier, on aeroplan for December 28, 2017 from Vancouver to Winnipeg for 49, 500 miles. A couple of days before the flight, we noticed that the ticket was registered under the name of my wife, Suzanne Trottier (aeroplan number [protected]). We were told that we could not switch the ticket to my daughter so we bought my daughter a ticket at market price on Air Canada.

Over the last three months we have been trying to figure out what we can do with the points so I do not lose them. My wife, her travel agent and I have separately called Aeroplan and Air Canada on several occasions and there has been so much confusion over this matter that we do not know who to turn to.

We were told by Air Canada that there is a $752.61 credit at Air Canada associated with this flight. Aeroplan has no record of his credit but insist that I have the ability to use the 49, 500 aeroplan miles before Dec 6, 2018 but if I do so, I forfeit the Air Canada credit. None of this makes any sense to me and we get a different story depending upon who I speak to. We spoke again today to Erin at the Lead desk for Aeroplan in Vancouver and asked if I could just have my 49, 500 points reinstated. The agent said she did not have the authority to do so.

I am an Elite 75, 000 member and my wife is a 100, 000 Super Elite member, and we also have both attained the highest Aeroplan Diamond status. We fly Air Canada almost every week and it is our carrier of choice. Over the past few months we have redeemed our aeroplan points for four tickets from Vancouver to France in July 2018 and we have have 4 tickets booked to Hawaii in December 2018 on Aeroplan. We could have used these 49, 500 points on any of those flights if there had been any clarity. I am also confused by the loss of the Air Canada credit if I use the 49, 5000 points that are in limbo.

I would like to understand what the real situation is regarding the credit on Air Canada and I would like to have my 49, 500 points reinstated or at least applied against my December 2018 Hawaii trip (which effectively reinstates them). My wife and I have spent hours being bounced back and forth between Air Canada and Aeroplan and all I want is my points back.

After all, this all started with a ticket I booked for my daughter which somehow ended up in the name of my wife!! We bought a ticket on the same flight for my daughter, the least I would expect is my points back!

The locator number is RAICDA.

I can be reached at my work cell at [protected] or my personal cell at [protected]. Given the loyalty that I and my wife have provided to Air Canada consistently over the last 30 years, I expect a quick resolution.

Thank you in advance for your collaboration.

Regards,