Having problems with West?

+1 800 841 9000 (Customer Service)
+1 877 489 7647 (Unified Communication Services)
+1 877 262 3775 (Safety Services)
11808 Miracle Hills Dr.
Omaha, Nebraska

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with West.

Complaints & Reviews

West Asset Management, Inc — Harassing Phone Calls, Refuse to Why!

This company has called me 3x at my work. I am a school teacher! They refuse to provide any information about...

West Asset Mgmt IncBilling my father's estate

Trying to collect money from my dead fathers estate for a lease bill that the lender was notified of the day after he died.
Dispicable that they would try to profit from a dead man's estate. Why don't you wait a little longer until the bill is higher so you can make MORE money!!
How can they sleep at night??

• Always be alert Jun 22, 2015

First of all, I am very sorry for your loss.

Here is the deal with West A$$et Management...Here is what happened when you notified the lender of your fathers death. The lease lender cut their losses and sold the 'balance owed' (not the contract creating the debt) to this bottom feeder. These bottom feeding debt buyers are all the same, they will stoop to any level to get paid. In your case, hoping that, at this emotional time in your life, they can get you to, at the very least, agree to a payment plan over the phone, to make them go away. Yes, this is how little they care. Here is the thing, in most cases, these bottom feeders don't even have the legal right to demand a penny. They bought the balance owed and the right to collect. That being said, they did NOT, however, buy the contract creating the debt, so, legally, they have no one to legally collect from. When they get someone to make a payment over the phone, a legal contract is created with that person, where one didn't exist before! Another tactic they use is suing someone (without the legal right to do so) using a bogus affidavit to file the suit. They then hope the person doesn't show up to fight it. It the person doesn't show up, the bottom feeder wins by default, without having to actually prove what they claim! At that point, the person is now legally obligated to pay a debt they don't even owe. Ten times out of ten, the debt buyer will drop the case if the person shows up to court to fight the suit. Why? Because they have no documentation to prove their claim.

West CorporationHarassment!

Harassing phone calls daily. phone calls as early as 7:30 am and as late as 9pm sometimes even on sundays. will refuse any and all attempts to settle your debt! will refuse to give you any info on your account, their address or additional information. do not give them your personal information! do not acknowledge their claim that you owe them money!

West Asset Management — double billing

Awhile back my husband was transport to the university medcal center 11/08/2013 after the hospital was paid...

West Asset Management — Refuse to identify what they want

This person has called countless times. At first refused to say what company they worked for and would not...

West Corporation — Management

Horrible place to work. Worked from Oct 2012, to Feb 14th. And then April 1st 2013, to October 17 2013. Let...

West CorporationA dead-end, hopeless journey is waiting for you at West

Pros

Some of the people that you meet there will become good friends and you might find the love of your life. Training particularly builds a lifelong bond with others, just as any warzone.

Cons

The management positions at West are awarded by virtue of attrition - those who are able to withstand a rigorous dousing in a lethargic and arbitrary workplace come to be promoted. Well, of course, unless one of the dance-off winners doesn't like you. In which case, it will be lower-middle-management ordered PINS (performance improvement notices), 1, 2, 3 strikes you are out (lucky you if that is the case). West is a dead-end environment. It is renowned for its ### personalities at the helm. You should think of this organization as a factory job, not a professional career. They hire everyone and their mother. I suggest you go there, tell them all the buzzwords (close the sale) that they want to hear and get hired for training. Once “training” is over and you are “certified”, thrown out on the floor, either do a very horrible job (hang up and curse at callers) or just don’t show up at all. Unless you are completely inept and zombie-like, this place is not for you. It will kill your spirit and destroy your life. They have a strong bias against the LGBT and other minority groups. It is really a clique (or claque) environment, if you don’t have a friend in management then I suggest you look elsewhere for employment. I want to stress, even if you are desperate, this is not the place to go.

Advice to Management

Balloons are not a reward, neither is a snicker bar or a breakfast taco. Breaks should be 15 minutes and lunches should be 1 hour (neither should be taken away for any reason). You are not doing anyone a favor by giving breaks, quit acting like you are. Going to the restroom is a necessary part of everyone's life. If the queue is blowing up, it is the fault of the company and not of the employees. There should be a 5 minute break between calls. Stop stealing commissions, they are not a form of revenue when times are tight (end of year). Get a better system for recording and logging employee breaches like being in not-ready or after call. Go after the real offenders in a direct and fair way, not arbitrarily when you happen to catch someone. Protect all employees, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or gender identity (change the company handbook specifically so that protected groups have a leg to stand on against biased managers). Up the standards for hiring new employees. Go for quality and not quantity. Raise salaries. This will lower turnover. Protect employees from clients as opposed to the current practice of throwing your own under the bus every time the client's representatives are in town and looking to play bigshot. Stop the rigged incentive competitions, where certain hand-picked employees always win with fabricated numbers. Under your system, those who do exceedingly well are kept on the phone. Excellent performance on the phone should be rewarded with expanding opportunities. Meanwhile, someone who is below-average is promoted to get them OFF the phone. That is counterproductive and leaves no incentive for excellence. Listen to your employees, open your door. Stop the secret meetings and lists of people to ax. Fire reactionary managers who say things like, "you're lucky to have a job at all in this economy". Structure training more like a college environment as opposed to an elementary school. On every project, have someone around who knows what it is actually like to take these calls, as opposed to having managers who have never been on the phone. This representative could point out obvious missteps by management before they take place. Every time a project manager says something that everyone on the floor knows is unrealistic, the morale of the entire group drops. Most importantly, stop treating people like numbers. A company is made of people, not statistics.

West CorporationTerrible place to work

West hires anyone, and when I found myself need a job, I got employed at West. The training was terrible - it was six weeks of sitting in a room. I filled two journals with doodles and entries in the amount of "down time" alone. We were given 2 hours to watch two five minutes videos, and an additional 45 minutes to "finish the videos" the next day. There wasn't even a quiz on them. I quit working for the Spokane branch yesterday, Feb 15. I had difficulties throughout my pregnancy at West, such as receiving disciplinary PINs for using the restroom, despite a doctor's note stating I had additional break times. I was told I didn't care about my job and it reflected badly on me when I called in at 8.5 months pregnant due to contractions. I was given 6 weeks off as maternity leave, and that turned into nearly 4 months due to my Doctor stating I should be out for 12 weeks, and then I had to wait for a scheduled training (as I was gone for more than 30 days). Upon returning, all seemed well, and I had happily overlooked the bad from before due to the awesome support I got from Holly, the HR rep, in working with my return date which shifted around a little. I had been back for nearly 3 weeks, and started in the middle of a training, so in the third week I was taking live calls. Not an issue as I had done the job before, and was proficient at it. The issue I had was on Feb 14 when a call came in at 4:25pm, with my shift ending at 4:30pm. Both a SME and a supervisor absolutely refused to allow me to notify my babysitter, and by the time I got off the call, my infant had been waiting on the porch for 5 minutes as the babysitter knocked and called and texted. I had brought my phone out and started to compose a message, when a supervisor demanded that I put my phone away. By the time I got home, the baby had been out in a running car for nearly 50 minutes. The babysitter lives 15 minutes away, and was not cost/time effective to go back to her house and then back to mine 10 minutes later.

West forced me to compromise the safety of my child, and was absolutely unwilling to be flexible, despite knowing exactly what my situation was.

I went back the next day to finish out the pay period, and then at the end of my shift I handed in my badge and quit. I had told my training Team Lead, he stated he didn't know that happened, was shocked, and shook my hand stating "Sorry to lose you." I also told my production Team Lead (as I'm a re-hire, I have both), and he recommended that I put in a two week notice in case I wanted to come back, and when I said no, he laughed and said he didn't blame me one bit, laughed, and shook my hand as well.

I did inform Holly what had happened - hopefully in future, West can be flexible with their policies when it's a half hour past the end of an agent's shift, and the safety of a newborn is on the line.

I don't regret quitting at all. Everyone I know who has worked at West has quit as well.

West Asset ManagementFradulent Practice

West Asset Management is the most evil, dishonest firm that takes pleasure in trying to ruin the lives of innocent people. I got married six years ago, and assumed my husband's last name. I am supremely financially responsible, and pay all my bills on time. There was a $50 hospital bill that I knew nothing about, until a collection item appeared on my credit report after I got married. I immediately paid it, and they agreed to remove the item from my report. After some time, they denied ever agreeing to this arrangement. When I called them last year for the same request, they agreed to remove it n June of 2012. June of 2012 is here, and it has not been removed. When I called them, they said it was I was never told such a statement. I am convinced they laugh once they hang up the phone, knowing they will not fulfill what they said, and knowing they have the backing to practice corruption. They will never stop me from being financially prosperous, and I cannot wait until they file for chapter 7 bankruptcy. Mark my word.

• Cl
              cldr774 Jun 25, 2012

send them a certified letter with copy of proof of payment, explain that under federal law they can be held financially responsibile for credit defimation; wait 30 days, go apply for a car/home loan, get denied based on that 'hick-up' sue the basturids

• Ha
              HateWAM Mar 06, 2013

I worked at this horrible place for less than 3 months I could not handle what was going on. I do know that they cannot remove something from your credit but can mark it as paid.. But if they put it on there illegally...I do also know that they never go to court they always settle so there's no "bad marks" against them...we were taught this in training...also by law if you simply say "do not call this number again" they have to or it's harassment also if you dispute it they can no longer contact you...I hate this company & I hope they go down

• Ha
              HateWAM Mar 06, 2013

My last comment said dispute..I meant a cease & desist..

West Asset ManagementShady Tactics

I have three accounts with WAM. In February, I sent two checks to pay off two of these accounts. The checks had account numbers written on them, directing them to be paid to the two specific accounts. They took these checks and applied a few dollars to the accounts indicated, and the rest onto the third account.

This is illegal, per section 810 of the FDCPA. I have submitted a complaint with the FTC, I have sent them a formal request to re-apply the payments as they were directed, and have disputed the accounts with Equifax and Experian.

Another thing they are doing is, rather than updating accounts when the balance changes, they are removing them and re-listing them as new collections accounts. I'm not sure if this is in violation of the FDCPA (I'll have to research it) or the FCRA, but it's shady nonetheless.

West Asset Managementcheck was cashed but not posted to my account

I had a 172 debt from a hospital that was sent to west asset management. I mailed in the check on December 13 2011 because I do not trust giving my information over the phone. The check was cashed on the 30th by their company and today I receive a call asking if I want to make a payment over the phone. I am beyond LIVID. The check was cashed, where did they deposit it to????? This company is just a scam artist, and when I told the rep. I would be contacting a lawyer, he LAUGHED in my face.

courb Jan 06, 2012

I paid the 172 i owed. the check was cashed by them but never to my account, they are still stating I owe 172 dollars!!! I am beyond livid. And when I said I would get a lawyer involved...THEY LAUGHED!!!

West Asset Managementcollection tactics deceit

west asset management called me tonite and left a message stating they were wells fargo auto finance..I don't have an account with wells fargo..so I called them back..after boo coo questions..they identified themselves as west asset management...calling my number because that was their debtors old number...I disputed their claims and told them to cease and desit all communication..beware people these ###s are calling homes leaving fake creditor names so you'll call them back...I did'nt think this was legal!

cgs Nov 19, 2011

we are now getting lots of computeriized hang-up calls from west asset...calls stating @ 8;00 a.m. we have learned by their actions that if you have the same phone number as the person they are looking for...even if you have had the number for a while..they will call you!! Telling them to cease & desist does'nt mean anything to these ###s!

cgs Dec 14, 2011

we are still getting harassing calls from wam...stating they are wells fargo...are just hanging up or not saying anything at all..these calls start around 8;00am and continue throughout the day until 9;00pm...we have caller Id...[protected] wam...today I sent them a registered letter to cease and desist...we'll see how that goes...in the meanwhile I am contacting our attorney general office to file a complaint..

• Pe
                    Peacekpr Jan 30, 2012

Interesting reading these complaints. I recently sent Wells Fargo Auto Finance a registered letter indicating that their collection department was to stop calling me. The employees in that office were pulling information off our loan application and calling all of my work numbers, cell phones, and friends and family!! They were threatening me and even once tried to play me against my husband!! Now that I have sent them this letter telling them to stop calling, as advised by the Washington State Attorney General's Office, now West Asset Management is calling all of my numbers. Wonder how they got all of my contact numbers????

West Asset Managementharrassment

Keep getting harrassing phone calls for a person who does not live here, hasn't ever lived here, and never will live here. Have given that information 5 times to the West Asset Management every time they call and they are still calling and sending information. How do you get these companies to stop calling???????

• Un
                      uncnumbr1 Jul 11, 2011

I used to work for the company sadly in VA. Call and get thier fax number and fax a cease and desist letter to the company and keep the transmission report. Tell them to stop calling you, by law since you sent in written correspondence they can not contact you futher.

cgs Dec 14, 2011

I think you should send that cease and desist letter to them by registered mail so you have some proof..they'll probably call you anyway...

West Asset ManagementHarassing Phone calls

I have received 96 calls in the last week from this company asking for my father. I have not spoken to my father in 20 YEARS! When calling them back I asked to have my number removed on not one but 5 different occasions. The last time I asked them to remove my number, Courtney Orr, Operator #210, laughed at me and hung up. I then called back and asked them to give me the information on the "third party" who finds numbers of relatives of the person they are trying to find, Kristine Emery, Operator #100, told me they do not give out that information and if I wanted it I would have to write a letter to West Asset Management asking them if I can get that information. I then told her that I am putting in a complaint against her and this company for harassing phone calls.
                    Kristine gave me there legal department number and I called and of course everyone is out of the office til June 21st. I do not know what this company is about and why they are harassing my for information regarding someone that doesnt even know his daughters birthday!

MarI94 Oct 20, 2009

West Asset Management has been rude and excessively calling not only my home phone, but my cell. I am unemployed and had to reduce my cell plan just to try to keep the service on as my number is all over applications for potential jobs.

They also call as "unknown", and with a child living out of state, I HAVE TO answer, just in case it's my child calling. Turns up it's THEM.

I told them specifically NOT to call my cell and that I was unemployed and have no way of paying this bill and that I was having a garage sale, selling my furniture among other things I need, out of my home in order to try to raise the rent. I've done this for 3 weeks so far!

I've asked them to stop calling both numbers, but just now was told (quite rudely I must say) that they were going to call every 7 to 10 days!

How can I get them to stop calling? I can't pay.

• In
                        Innocent-Bystander Mar 01, 2010

The only way you can get them to stop is to send them mail telling them to stop.

Under the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act)

§ 805. Communication in connection with debt collection
                        15 USC 1692c

(c) CEASING COMMUNICATION. If a consumer notifies a
                        debt collector in writing that the consumer refuses to pay a
                        debt or that the consumer wishes the debt collector to cease
                        further communication with the consumer, the debt collec-
                        tor shall not communicate further with the consumer with
                        respect to such debt, except—
                        (1) to advise the consumer that the debt collector’s further
                        efforts are being terminated;
                        (2) to notify the consumer that the debt collector or credi-
                        tor may invoke specified remedies which are ordinarily
                        invoked by such debt collector or creditor; or
                        § 805
                        15 USC 1692c
                        (3) where applicable, to notify the consumer that the debt
                        collector or creditor intends to invoke a specified rem-
                        edy.

CoCo Bubba Jul 31, 2010

These doucebags continue to call me even though I've told them that I can't pay right now. I've told them that I will pay them in full when I can. Do they not read the newspaper? The economy is in the crapper fergodsakes. Even though they have my number and they have my address and I haven't moved they called my 82 year old mother looking for me. I am still where I have always been, just a lot more broke than I used to be. I will come out of this, probably in a year or two. I will never do business with American Express on any level ever again and I will shout this story from the mountaintops. Their business practices are horrible.

• Ag
                        Aggravated shopper Jun 14, 2011

Best advise I can give is contact the FCC and file a report, it will do no good but at least you have reported it. Then contact your telephone company and report them as harassing calls, usually wont do any good but if you have a caller id that shows number of times they have called and the times then you have something. Then after those 2 steps contact your local police dept. make a report again by itself usually useless. But then if you contact phone company and/or FCC you have a documented paper trail and usually by then someone starts to care. Most likely after all that FCC will send a letter telling them to remove your number but it could take up to 90 days. Once the FCC gets involved most collection agencies stop because they dont want to get something going with the FCC. But to even get that far you have to have a paper trail of you documenting this issue through the proper channels.

complaintourmomma Jun 14, 2011

orrr just burp everytime they call, they will store that ont their records and eventually will stop calling you because all you do is burping.

west asset managmentcold hearted people

My name is Daniel Neal and I was an employee from sep 13 2010 untill nov 12 2010. I was terminated today for disclosing a clients name after i identified that the consumer was the right person. I was only doing what i was told to do by west asset management and was wrongly fired for it. If i get interrupted and hung up on before i can give the "mini miranda" to a consumer then i shouldnt be held responsible for failing to follow the law. If i was not supposed to tell the consumer the clients name before giving the mini miranda then why was i forced to do it and then fired for it? I was only on the inside for a short time, long enough to analyze what happens to people after working there for very long periods of time. I have been putting off getting a job there for several years and when i finally did go to work for west asset management they placed me under a drill sargent man hating dike ###. It was bad enough they transferred her to somewhere she didnt want to be and made her leave the people that could actually put up with her ### antics but this also negatively affected how much money she was making form other peoples debts. I believe the hippaa laws were put in place to protect people from being stressed out and becoming ill because of collection companies (like Karry Harris's) thinks its ok to harass people. I had a meeting with one of the bosses and supervisor only to intellectually find that they do not consider the fact that this causes people to become ill and it needs to be handled much more delicately and whats worse is they have convinced themselves that they are not harassing people it is perfectly normal to call peoples friends, neighbors, and family over and over again over debt. What is debt in the first place???? is it money owed or is it slavery? In this case it is slavery. What happened to charity and forgiveness? These people at west asset management have false compassion's and are full of lies. If enough people were smart about how this system really works we could put these slave masters like west asset managment out of business. WAKE UP PEOPLE!! TELL THEM NOT TO CALL YOU EVER AGAIN AND IF THEY DO SUE THEM! YOU CAN GET 1000$ TO 4000$ EASY !!
                      There are a number of reasons suing collection agencies is so easy but most importantly people need wake up and shut down cancerous businesses like these by refusing to pay them and there fee. Remember never ever pay a collection agency or you will be contributing to destroying peoples lives and character not only the customers but the employees that are forced to harass people about money.

• Fr
                          Fred Thompkins Mar 30, 2011

I have known people that have worked there its a high turnover racket. They burn you out and cast you aside when you figure out whats really going on around there. Amen Brutha, Never pay collection agencies let them eat cake.

West Asset Management — DON'T WORK THERE

I TRIED TO PUT THIS COMPLAINT ON JOBVENT.COM BUT THEY HAVE CHANGED THEIR NAME AND THEY AREN'T TAKING ANY...

West Asset Mgt. — Collection

I received two calls first call was on 2/10/2010 and then on 8/10/2010. The first time I answered the...

West Asset ManagementRefusing to send receipts or Notify Credit Bureau of Paid accounts

We paid off all Medical debts with West Assest Managements. They still have not reported to the credit bureaus. Every day I call them, and they say they have reported the items as paid. All Credit Bureau's deny that they have received any documentation from West Asset Management. I have asked for receipts to be fax'd and they say they will but never do. I have been hung up on. Yelled at. Been lied to. Even the supervisors are rude and make promises they do not keep. Take this company to court.

• Mt
                            Mtubb May 12, 2010

We are taking them to court. Good luck, they are a rip off company

• Mu
                            mungojerrie Mar 08, 2012

That sounds about right for them. Send them a certified letter outlining what you see on your credit report and what is expected of them. Make sure to put the tracking number on the letter as well, so you have proof that that envelope did in fact contain that letter.

If they do not clear up the issue, hire an attorney.

I'm giving them 30 days to correct the issue I addressed to them. That certified letter is my next step, too.

West Asset Management — Scam

I had this company call me and this woman asked me for my SSN number. I asked who was calling and for what...

West Asset ManagementDidnt Know I had a collection

I recently got a credit report..I saw that there was a collection area that had West Asset Management..I didnt know I had anything from the..no letters no calls..and the claim was from July of 2009. I called them and paid it..and all they could say was Sorry for not Notifying ME>>kinda mad me mad..I asked if they could remove it from my credit report(since there was no notification)..they said it will show as paid in 30 days..So now my credit is lower because of this company.