A & E Factory Service / Whirlpool / price gouging!
Use any other authorized repair service but this one (owned by Sears Robuck)!!! A very rude A&E representative quoted me by phone $65 for a service call for my leaking Whirlpool washer, which included diagnosing the problem and telling me what was wrong. Parts and labor for repair would be additional. After reading other reviews I guess I was lucky, and the service person actually showed up on time. He told me the detergent container was clogged, that I could clean it myself, and then tried to charge me $118!! After a few minutes of haggling and unintelligible explanations, he offered to take $95, then finally agreed to take the $65 I had been quoted. He said people often "misunderstand" what the $65 includes. Baloney. He had clearly been instructed to try to charge a higher amount, and authorized in advance to take the amount that had been quoted over the phone. Sears should stop its subsidiary IMMEDIATELY from engaging in this predatory, miselading and unfair practice. Whirlpool offers a choice of several authorized repair services. I urge you to choose a local dealer instead of this national chain.
More A & E Factory Service / Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool Corporation - Dishwasher
- Whirlpool Corporation - kitchenaid refrigerator
- Whirlpool Corporation - range
- Whirlpool Corporation - cabrio 5 3 washer high efficiency top load washer with steam cycle
- Whirlpool Corporation - dry machine ref# 7723566124