A & E Factory Service / Whirlpool / price gouging!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Use any other authorized repair service but this one (owned by Sears Robuck)!!! A very rude A&E representative quoted me by phone $65 for a service call for my leaking Whirlpool washer, which included diagnosing the problem and telling me what was wrong. Parts and labor for repair would be additional. After reading other reviews I guess I was lucky, and the service person actually showed up on time. He told me the detergent container was clogged, that I could clean it myself, and then tried to charge me $118!! After a few minutes of haggling and unintelligible explanations, he offered to take $95, then finally agreed to take the $65 I had been quoted. He said people often "misunderstand" what the $65 includes. Baloney. He had clearly been instructed to try to charge a higher amount, and authorized in advance to take the amount that had been quoted over the phone. Sears should stop its subsidiary IMMEDIATELY from engaging in this predatory, miselading and unfair practice. Whirlpool offers a choice of several authorized repair services. I urge you to choose a local dealer instead of this national chain.

S

Comments

31st of May, 2008

I disagree; I also called for service and was told that there would be a $65.00 fee to provide a repair estimate. Parts and labor was clearly explained as on top of that charge. If your dishwasher now works I would say that $118.00 is a value and since the price of doing business is so costly now, you should have appreciated. People, who do not understand cost, drive down quality of products and services, probably the reason you needed service in the first place. You get what you pay for, I suggest calling again and listen to what the operator actually quotes you, seemed clear to me. Sometimes you hear what you want to hear, and you should probably listen a little longer. You also could have avoided this service call by reading the owner’s manual as well, you would have paid nothing.

• Un
      21st of Aug, 2009

I called for warranty service on our washing machine and ended up with A&E Service. They took a look at our washing machine and said the transmission was out. The part was covered under warranty but the labor was not. They wanted just under $400 for the repair!! I told them to get lost and I would get someone local to fix it for less. In the end it was the washers pump that was broken not the transmission. Cost $125 to fix. Call anyone but A&E Factory Service!

20th of Oct, 2009
    A & E Factory Service / Whirlpool - Bad Service / Non-Service / No Show

Whirlpool washer door won't open. After the first repair appointment A & E tech makes it so it won't close either. Second appointment: the washer door will not open or close and now the dryer, that never had a problem, does not work. Third appointment: We ask for a Senior Tech to be assigned. We wait between 8-12. They never call me. I call at 11:30 AM and 1:25 PM and I am told he is on repair appointments and I am assured I am his next appointment. At 4:00 PM I am told the tech has NOT been on repair calls but in a meeting since this morning.

• Je
      11th of Jan, 2012

A & E no showed me today after I sat in the house ALL DAY waiting for them. This is the worst mess I have seen. DON'T BUY WHIRLPOOL!!!

• Wp
      9th of Apr, 2012

My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your unit. If you still need assistance, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Whirlpool.Digital@whirlpool.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.