1800mattress.com / Poor customer service

I recently purchased a mattress set from 1800mattress.com. Using a combination of their live chat and telephone, I selected my set and they billed me that night. They said that I would need the cards to provide a rubbing for authorization of purchase upon delivery. At the time of delivery, they attempted to charge me again. They eventually did charge me twice, taking the money from my debit card. After spotting the problem, I arranged with my bank a conference call to clear up the situation. That day, the problem was seemingly taken care of and the right charges were made to the right places. However, today I just found out that they had made another charge of my debit card, illegally taking money without the proper authorization or my approval, effectively charging me double the original amount. When I called to clear up the situation, I was met with some of the nastiest customer "service" I have ever experienced in my life. After the problem was seemingly cleared up again, and I was told that all the proper charges were made and that I had been credited back the wrongfully charged moneys and the money would be in my account. I checked my bank statement several hours later to discover that the money was not credited back. I called again and was told that the paperwork was submitted to the finance department and that they'd get to it in 3 or 4 business days. My account is still short the money which was illegally taken!

They state on their website that they are proud of their "high level" of customer service and that they treat all their customers "honestly and fairly". I have yet to experience this.

Needless to say, this experience has been no bed of roses and I will never buy another mattress from them again!

Va

More 1800mattress.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• St
      15th of Aug, 2008

I would never buy a mattress from this company. I am currently shopping mattresses and used the live chat feature and the rep was very helpful at first. Then i made the big mistake of asking her where i could go to try out the suggested mattress. She asked why people would use the live chat link if they wanted to try out a bed and a store rep would give me the same information that she was giving me. Unbelievable! Why would I buy a bed I do not try? Mybe she was just having a bad day or it is another issue of outsourcing customer service. Dunno but this company will not get any $$ from me!

• Ti
      6th of Sep, 2008

I ordered a Sealy TrueForm Cool Springs Cushion Firm and recied a less expensive Sapphire Bay Cushion Firm matress. As anyone who has purchased a matress knows, the thing that really matters is the specifications. I was assured the construction of the Cool springs mattress was the same as the Crystal Sea mattress I had tried out in a store. And it is. The specifications of the Sapphire Bay Cushion Firm are extremely different and much less firm. Not only did they use the bait and switch tactic, they originally tried to sell me a latex foam mattress that they were obviously had too many of and were trying to push on all of their potential customers. If you do choose to use 1800 Mattress, they do have some good prices during sales, get documentation from the salesperson before agreeing to purchase anything.

The worst part of this whole story is that 1800mattress nevr tried to make it right in any way other than simply cancelling the order.