Clayton Homesleaking, mold

C Review updated:

We purchased our clayton home in 2003, problems started before our first payment with a leak in the bedroom and living room, which they fixed, okay for the first year, then the leak happened again, not only in the living room, but i can say in every room in the trailer on the front side and and areas in the back side of the home. The window in the living room now leaks when it rains, and there are moldy spots from the old and recent leaks. We have tried to fix them but how do you dry out each area?
We also had problems with our air conditioner unit, it only worked for one summer, Clayton came back and fixed it after I complained several times, but they fixed the line with plumbing supplies, which failed (of course) because I had to have it repaired again the next summer by an heating and air company which told me the problem.
I feel we have been literally robbed, we are paying for a home that has constant problems. If you can help please reply.

Jamie Hamilton Donnellan Apr 05, 2017

I also have mold in my clayton home email me please if u have the same issue [email protected]

C Lords Angels Jan 06, 2019

@Jamie Hamilton Donnellan I sent you a email. We all need to get together to fight to get this fixed.

Sarah Lynn Sep 26, 2011

I live in a 1995 Clayton Tanglewood doublewide that we bought new. I had problems with it in when we first bought it, Now after 16 years we thought we had a leak around our skylight. Had contractors come in to repair it but when they started they found a lot more than any of us expected. The rafters are not up to code, they are 2x2's not what the code in Virginia requires. They are rotten and we have mold growing from the inside out to the outside due to improper venting in the roof. I have contacted my insurance, Clayton factory, and an attorney. Has anyone else had the same problems? If anyone has ANY suggestions or solutions----PLEASE let us know. Email address [email protected] It has come down to this mold thing making my family sick with headache, sinus infections and respiratory infections/problems. Not only home repairs but also medical bills, Just need help finding out who is responsible and how to make them be accountable.

Joe Mullally Jan 21, 2010

I also have a mold problem in a Clayton mobile home. I have already spoken to an attorney, and we just nee enough people to form a class action suit. There is more possibility of getting results if we can join together as agroup. Any one who has had a problem with this should contact me at [email protected]

• To
    toneyjess Feb 20, 2020

@Joe Mullally We have a 2016 home and we have leaks in every room. Not just at the ceiling but in the floor too. It appears to be leaking inside the walls and pooling at the bottom. My hall carpet is ruined from this and smells like mildew. I know there's got to be mold setting up in my walls.

C Lords Angels Jan 06, 2019

@dillqickle I have leaks and mold in my 2018. I tried to reach Joe but his email is not working.

C Lords Angels Jan 06, 2019

@Joe Mullally Have you been able to get a action suit going? I just bought a 2018 and it leaks everywhere and after 6 months it is covered in mold. Keep getting runaround for company.

• Di
    dillqickle Oct 28, 2017

@Joe Mullally We are having problem with mold in a brand new clayton mobile home bought in 2016.

• Sh
    S. HENRY Aug 23, 2009

WE HAVE HAD MOLD PROBLEMS IN OUR CLAYTON MODULAR. WE BOUGHT IN 2006. I HAVE SOME SUCCESS WITH THEM BUT NOT MUCH AND WE STILL HAVE DANGEROUS MOLD. I AM CONTINUING MY FIGHT WITH THEM AS I WANT ALL FLOOR COVERINGS REPLACED. WE HAVE DONE MUCH OF THE MOLD REMOVAL OURSELVES. IN FACT, I DON'T TRUST THEM TO DO IT. I WILL BE ASKING FOR MONEY TO HAVE A PROFESSIONAL TAKE CARE OF THE MOLD AND THEN I WILL HAVE SOMEONE PUT DOWN NEW FLOORING. THERE ARE OTHER PROBLEMS I PLAN TO FIX MYSELF AS THEY USE INFERIOR PRODUCTS. THEY ARE PROBABLY "SECONDS" AND I DON'T WANT SECONDS FOR DOOR KNOBS AND FAUCETS. IT IS REALLY AGGRAVATING TO GET STUCK IN A BATHROOM BECAUSE THE KNOB WON'T WORK FROM THE INSIDE OR OUTSIDE. THE GE PRODUCTS ARE A JOKE. THEY MUST HAVE BEEN REJECTS FROM THE FACTORY. I WILL POST ANY SUCCESS I HAVE WITH THEM. MOLD IS DANGEROUS. IF I DID NOT THINK I WOULD BE HARASSED BY CLAYTON HOMES I WOULD GIVE YOU MY EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER, BUT I SIMPLY DON'T TRUST THEM.

• Kr
    krijon1844 Aug 06, 2009

Just to let you know Clayton doesnt care.Their company catch phrase should be... NOT MY PROBLEM!!! That is what I have hear for the past 4 years or so... I wish you the best.. but they will NEVER admit they produce crap. My walls leak and my floor is buckled. My AC unit has been service 4 times due to it having freon leaks. My roof slopes and it hit a tree coming into my property and they just put flashing over it with splintered boards underneath. Its a nightmare and they own every part Clayton, Vanderbuilt... and they will not fix nor admit fault on any part. All I have heard is...NOT MY PROBLEM or I WASNT HERE THEN!!! well... I worked on an ambulance and if I had ever done my job half @$$ed like them... (ie given the wrong meds or wrong treamtment) a simple NOT MY PROBLEM would not have been good enough. I had to perform to a higher level without the possibility of mistakes and I kinda feel others should too. (if i messed up due to being tired, sick, or to harsh of elements such as the weather... people would die) A simple Let me get back to you ... wouldn t work! I have made this a personal mission to STOP as many people from making the same mistake as I did... BUYING a CLAYTON HOME... I am only reporting the truth and my opinion.. if you want pictures please email me... [email protected]