Choice Home WarrantyUnethical / unfair practice

S Feb 04, 2021

In november 2020 my subzero refrigerator water dispensor stopped working. I filed a claim #[protected]. The technician who came to repair had no clue about the problem. He said he repairs common refrigerators and not sub zero. He came back few days later with some parts and replaced those however it did not work. He said he will come back later to look at it. He was v sick both times when he came with severe shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. I was concerned about him having covid-19 infection and advised him that he should not be here to do the repair when he is sick. I also asked him before returning back to get checked out for covid-19 infection which he tested positive 2 days later. I called the company back. They said that they have send out claim to new technicians in the area to pick that up and they will let me know. No body from company called or any technician came for next 7-10 days. I called the company again and they said that they do not have any other technician available in the local area and they want me to contact any local technician available to repair that. I called the only local sub zero authorised technician who gave total estimate of $636. I submitted all that information electronically. Choice home warranty is now deciding to pay only $287 saying that I picked up my own repair person and they will pay what they pay to their technician. I did not pick or chose my own technician. I called him because company advised me to contact local technician as they had no body available in the local area. I tried to take it to their manager but they simply refused to listen. Please help me in this regard for this unfair practice. I have spend countless number of hours for last 2 weeks almost on a daily basis without any resolution.

• Pa
    pat Ivory Feb 09, 2021

Same problems, CHW just a scam