Choice Home Warranty

Fri:24h
Sat:24h

Reviews and Complaints

Choice Home WarrantyStove top replacement

On March 23, After months of trying to resolve our stove top issues. Choice Home Warranty only offered $1000 to replace the stove top that will cost $2610 to replace. Their is not even a low cost model stove top with the same features available for $1000.

Paula Monsalve informed us yesterday they don’t have to replace our current model with correct model, size or color.

Our claim number is [protected] and the case manger was Sean William (whom never returned our messages) and Paula Monsalve.

Choice Home WarrantyDeadbeat home warranty company

CHOICE Home Warranty Company - Deadbeat company
    I purchased a 42 month home warranty with Choice 9/2021 for $1176. In August of 2021, my HVAC completely broke down. Choice could not find a technician as the weather was 95 degrees. I contacted the last company they sent and it agreed to service the unit, even though CHOICE was not paying for services on other jobs they accepted. CHOICE and the service company agreed to the reimbursal method so my technician posted the estimate on their site. Choice replied on their website to me indicating the work could be completed. Now that it is done, Choice will not cover the work. I asked to cancel the policy and they will only refund $426 for the policy that still has 31 months left on it. DO NOT USE CHOICE HOME WARRANTY! They are a deadbeat home warranty company.

My close friend is experiencing the same issue with CHOICE for her appliances. This is a pattern of behavior for CHOICE Home Warranty. The best advice is to bank the monthly fee and cover your own service issues when they arise. Whatever the case, do not use CHOICE Home Warranty.

Invoice below

Renewal 1 Payment. 1176.00.6 Free Months. Per Payment

[protected]
    America's Choice in Home Warranty Protection

Marc Yarbrough,

Thank you for renewing your home warranty coverage with Choice Home Warranty! We are pleased to offer you coverage for one of your most valuable assets - your home. We strive to make your life easier and we are here 24/7 to take your requests for service.

Please take a moment to confirm your information below.
    Coverage Address:
    Account Center Login Information:
    Username: [protected]@concept2ink.com
    Policy #: [protected]
    _

A hard copy policy as well as the terms of service will arrive in the mail within two weeks. You may download an electronic copy in the CHW Account Center. To obtain the most value from your new CHW policy, take a moment to read and understand your coverage. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need clarification on your warranty policy. We look forward to providing you the quality of service our customers have come to expect from Choice Home Warranty.
    Kind regards,
    The Sales Team @ CHW
    P: [protected]
    W: www.ChoiceHomeWarranty.com

Choice Home WarrantyHome warranty

It would be so nice if Someone at Choice Home Warranty can find a way to Please Help Us with consideration, understanding, and Customer Service.

Choice Home Warranty (CHW) policy - [protected], regarding claim number - [protected], on 05/22/2021, I truly feel discriminated against, and that we have been treated extremely unfairly by CHW. I am a handicapped and disabled senior citizen who needs help - Please understand, I have only very limited computer and online data skills and can barely even open an email up. I turned in a claim for a partial drain blockage in our home (half of our home was draining and half was not), we waited and did not hear back from CHW or a plumber all day long - later saw an email stating CHW will be dispatching a plumbing contractor to correct this issue. Waited 24 hours and was not contacted by CHW nor any plumbing contractor, then saw another email stating we could obtain a plumbing contractor ourselves, which we had no choice but to do. Plumbing contractor came out mid morning on a Sunday, on an after hours rate, the plumber first mentioned to us he could not locate what he called a clean out, then he pulled toilet, snaked the drain from there and got the not draining half of home, draining again. Tested entire home and saw drainage issue was corrected. Attempted faxing plumber's statement to CHW for reimbursement. Contacted CHW and was told they would not compensate us for this service, because it was not approved - after them telling us to contact a plumber ourselves. Did attempt contacting CHW and got a recorded message to call back and contact them during regular working hours. We do not know in our contract, if there is any funding available for floor repair for plumbing drainage stoppage damages or not. CHW obviously has no interest in customer satisfaction - at least to us anyway. It is also clear to see that contractors that will not respond to them for their customer's issues either. This becomes even more obvious, from our own perspective, as they have treated us this same exact way before.

Back in 2019, we had an issue with a leaking water heater, that caused some flooring damage to our utility room, same policy - [protected]; with claim number - [protected], on 11/25/2019. CHW did not dispatch any help to us then either, and after time went by and water continuing to leak, they instructed us to contact a plumber ourselves, which we did. By this time the flooring in utility room had become compromised, and had to be repaired before water heater could be replaced, so we were out days before this situation finally got repaired. We have received absolutely no help at all from CHW, no support at all from CHW, no commitment for service at all from CHW, no understanding or consideration at all from CHW, and no reimbursement at all from Choice Home Warranty regarding 2 claims. Only contempt has been shown to us by Home Choice Warranty, and all for us putting our trust in them to take care of our home, to the tune of $1050.00 on 04/15/2018. If they are not abled to cover every aspect of a water heater failure, they should remove it from their list of covered appliances. We truly feel cheated and that the money we paid to CHW, in good faith, was wasted on them. If nothing else, will be done by CHW, we would like every cent of the $1050.00 refunded back to us, because CHW has done absolutely nothing whatsoever to help us in any way. CHW should handle handicapped and disabled senior citizens who have no computer skills with total care & more understanding, and not be so concerned about getting approval when they can be provided true statements and invoices from the contractors they instruct their clients to call for services, which are stated that CHW will provide, but do not.

Sincerely,

Reuben Dennis Alvarado
      119 Sunny Oaks Drive
      Bastrop, Texas 78602
      [protected]
      [protected]@aol.com

ADVERTISIMENT

Choice Home WarrantyKenmore elite washer repair claim number [protected]. Choice home warranty

Technician came out and indicated that washer could be repaired, but had to turn the information into Choice Home Warranty for authorization. I received an email from a case manager indicating that they have elected to not repair nor replace the washer, but offered a sum of money that could be used to replace the washer. The amount of money offered was half the amount required to replace the washer at the most inexpensive store that could be found.
        I had another conversation with the case manager indicating this problem and she says that the amount of money offered is the best they could do and could not offer a replacement washer as an option. I asked her how do you come up with the calculations for the money offered and she said"that was done by another department and she had no clue how the calculations were done".

This is false advertising on TV where you indicate that if a unit is broken you would replace, as well as how the sales person positioned the offering when I was sold the warranty program. At this point, when my annual prescription is complete, I have no interest in renewing this warranty agreement. Totally false advertisement!!!

Choice Home WarrantyRipoff and lies

I called CHW last year about my freezer for my refrigerator not staying cold. A technician was sent to my house, I paid him the $60, for him to tell me the freezer isn't cold. He was going to order parts without testing to see if any particular part was not working. Later that day, I received an email from CHW letting me know that they wanted to cash me out for the refrigerator because it wasn't worth fixing. I asked why they weren't going to try and I was told that I have to take the cash out. I fixed it myself, the part was $45. When I called them back to tell them, I was informed I already took the buyout. I was told that I could call up on the refrigerator after one year, even with the buyout. Fast forward to this year and my icemaker went. I put the issue in the system and they sent a technician to my house the next day. He told me the icemaker went and I paid him $60 for the service call. CHW informed me later that day that I couldn't get the part replaced because I took the buyout. So I called to complain. After lots of back and forth, I was informed that the icemaker wasn't covered anyway by my policy (it was covered with AHS, my previous company. I just assumed it was standard). I asked them why then did they send technician to my house. I was told they have to in case it was something else was wrong. But then the refrigerator wasn't even covered, so why did someone come? I explained to the case worker that I was informed that I could call after a year, from what I was told the prior year. She told me that wasn't true. So I was lied too and now I have to buy the part myself and replace it. Oh, and I paid for technicians to come to my house without doing anything, twice. I was basically told that for older appliances, close to 10 years, they aren't going to bother fixing them.

Choice Home WarrantyDishwasher

I called choice about my dishwasher not working and they sent out budget repairs to look at my dishwasher. When the service man arrived he look and said to me that your motor is shot and your water pump is not working so I am just going to tell them that its is unable to be repaired and needs to be replaced. I paid him $65.00 dollars for a service call and he left. He was in my home for a period of five minutes. He didn't physically check the dishwasher at all he just told me the above. So in other words I paid him for nothing. When it came to the approval process my claim was denied based off what he said. I the appeal the action and I was assigned a case manager tia wilson. Ms. Wilson also denied my claim based on what the service guy told them. I then called another service company and they came in and took my dishwasher away from the wall and examined the total dishwasher and repaired it in one visit now my dishwasher is working fine. I would like to warn anyone who is deciding to use choice as a home warranty service, my advice would be to save your own money in a saving account and pay your repairs from that fund.

Choice Home WarrantyDon't want to cover anything

I have several homes with Choice and I hate it that I paid up front for five years. Every time I file a claim the deny it and I have to pull teeth to get them to cover the repair. Tech's are told what to say so they can say it is not covered by your policy. Most of these techs are not certified. I just had a young lady come to fix my gas stove top. She did not have the right tools, my husband loan her a tool. She could not remove parts from the stove. She kept pulling on the stove top. She said gas line is connected to knob. I asked her if she had turned off the gas. She said you don't want to do that. You will turn off your water heaters. Looked at my husband she does not know what she is doing. I took pictures of what she was doing. After trying for sometime to take the burner off she said I am going to call your warrant company to send someone else. She could not do it. Next morning we woke up to house smelling like GAS ( Thank God woke up. We called CPS and they found the leak under the stove. Line had been broken. Two appliance companies came out and said someone tried to force removing the burner that was connected to gas line. They would not work on it. Called JennAir and they dispatched a tech. He right away removed the whole stove and showed us the gas line where it had been broken. He ordered parts, but cannot promise it will work. New Jenn Air is $2200 plus tax. My microwave went out last month and Choice offered me $199. for a $400 built in microwave. My heater to my pool went out and they said they are not responsible for the freeze. Two pool companies have come out and they have said it's 16 yrs old and it will cost more to replace parts. Better to get a new one.
              This not the first, second, third time that that my appliances have been ruin. Dryer was set on fire after worked on, Freezer was foamed the whole inside, Water softer ect. But off course Choice says they are not responsible for Tech errors.
              This company needs to be closed down. They are robbing people of their money and never wants to repair or replace.

• To
                  Tom Davies Jul 26, 2021

I filed a claim on April 2, 2021, for a dishwasher that was not working. They couldn't find a technician in my town, so they said to get my own and turn in the claim. I did, and the repair estimate was $549, CHW said the washer was too old and offered me $246 in the form of a Loew's card. I explained that there wasn't Loews near here, the nearest one was 95 miles away! And the $246 included the technician's fee of $45 that they owed me from another claim they screwed me on. They said it would take 4-5 days to send it out That was April 12.

I AM STILL WAITING FOR IT. EVEN AFTER NUMEROUS CALLS TO THEM.

My next letter is to the Attorney General of Iowa. I will invoke as much grief on the as I can legally do so.

Choice Home WarrantyWater heater

Choice Home Warranty charged us $300.00 for excluded parts when no excluded parts were included for the installation of a water heater. After I placed the order for the water heater to be repaired, we paid the $65.00 service charge. Thereafter, I received an email that, in addition to the $65.00 service charge it would costs an additional $300.00 for excluded parts. I informed CHOICE that this was a simple water heater replacement and no excluded parts were needed. Because the water heater was leaking, we decided to pay the $300.00 and seek reimbursement. CHOICE repairman signed a document that stated "did not do any of the excluded". The water heater was install 6/20/20 and I have been seeking reimburse from CHOICE since 6/22/20. Despite a letter to CHOICE legal department, 1090 KIng Georges Post Road Bldg 10, Suite 1007 Edison NJ 08837, Mr. Victor Mandalawi, President, CHOICE, CHW GROUP, 2147 Route 27 South, 4th Floor, Edison NJ 08817, George Foreman, Cooperate Spokesman and numerous correspondence with CHIOCE account center, CHOICE refused my request for arbitration and continues to deny my claim. My statements to CHOICE indicating that I have a statement with the signature of the repairman stating "did not do any of the excluded" and pictures sent to CHOICE showing no excluded parts were needed, CHOICE will not to reimburse us. I believe that CHOICE has committed fraud and misrepresented its products or as George Foreman would say "you have been sucker punched".

Choice Home WarrantyPlumbing leak

They say they cover plumbing system and whirlpool. I had a leak that came from my bathtub on the second level and was leaking through my ceiling onto the first floor. When the technician came out and tried to troubleshoot the problem by first suggesting the least expensive item which was the drain which to me is part of plumbing, they denied the claim and said they don't cover drains. I pulled the contract and realize the contract says it covers plumbing and what is included and directly after reading what is included they list everything that makes up the plumbing system as excluded. Here is the contract - note that just about everything that makes up the plumbing system is excluded...

8. Plumbing system/stoppage
                  Included: leaks and breaks of water, drain, gas, waste or vent lines, except if caused by freezing oli roots. Toilet tanks,. Bowls. And mechanisms (! Replaced with builder's. Grade as. Necessary), g seals - valves for shower tub, and diverter angle stc ps, rinses and gate valves assemblies - stoppages/clogs in drain and sewer lines up to 1 00 feet from access point. Mainline cloak stoppages are only covered if there is an accessible ground level clean out, except: excluded: stoppages and clogs in drain and sewer lines that can not be cleared by cable or due or damaged lines outside the confines of the main foundation (even to roots, collapsed. Broke if within 1 00 feet of access point) - access to drain or sewer lines from vent or removal of water closets - cast to locate, access or install ground level cleanout slab leaks - polybutylene or quest piping - galvanized drain lines - hose bibs - drum caps - flange - collapse of or damage drain, gas, waste or vent lines caused by freezing, settlement and/or roots - fai to water fixtures, cartri (shower heads & shower arms - baskets and strainers - popup assemblies - bathtubs and sh (- cracked porcelain - glass - shower enclosures and base pans - roman tubs - bath tub drain mechanisms - sinks - toilet lids and seats - cablinc - whirlpool or grc jets - whirlpool control panel - septic tanks - sewage ejector pumps - water softeners - pressure regulators - inadequate or excessive water pressure - flow restrictions in fresh water lines caused by rust, corrosion or chemical deposits - holding or storage tanks - saunas and/or steam rooms we will provide access to plumbing systems thru unobstructed walls, ceilings or floors, only, and will return the access opl and repair and/or replacement. Our authorized service per contract term for access, di (provider will close the access opening and return it to rough finish condition, subject to the s500 limit indicated. We shall not be responsible of the cost to remove and replace any ceilings, and/or floors.

So in reality, they do not cover the plumbing system. I also thought I had coverage for the electrical system but after they say they cover the electrical system they literally exclude just about every part that makes up the electrical system similar to how they literally just about exclude everything that would make up the parts of the plumbing system.

This company needs to be thoroughly investigated as a scam company. They have had no problem collecting my money over the years. The few times that I have tried to file a claim they have found a reason to deny through their exclusion list. They should not be allowed to say they cover the plumbing system and electrical system when they exclude all components that make up those systems.

Choice Home WarrantyHeating system

I have paid in advance for six years which expires in Sep. 2024. Now the motor of the Heating Furnace don't work as per the Technician they sent. They are denying the claim. This is most unheard warranty. I had call from their office and they are very reluctant to accept their responsibility and commitment. They are just trying to rip off the people. Must be investigated for their business practice.
                    My Claim #: [protected]

Respond

Choice Home WarrantyBroke contract - scam!

The company has failed to meet the obligations promised in their calls and policy, policy number [protected], contract term [protected]-2022. and after bringing this to their attention, instead of working with me to resolve the issue, their representatives fraudulently canceled my policy another violation of said contract. I have recorded phone calls and hundreds of emails requesting resolution with company representatives. When responded to, they either promised resolution that didn't occur or requested additional time for escalation, which never resulted in any follow up or resolution. Management has been unresponsive except to state that the policy was canceled per my request, however, I have repeatedly responded that this is erroneous. Not only do they claim that they have canceled my policy per my request, which does not make sense as I had two years left on the prepaid policy and would not be arguing with them for several months after the fact if I so indeed requested the cancellation, but they also stated they sent a refund which I do not have.
                      TO DATE, I have recorded calls and 100s of emails, many with contradicting stories told by this company. At any rate, they refuse to mediate, they refuse to correct their error and continue to refuse to refund me for a policy they did not honor.

Choice Home WarrantyHarassing calls

I requested a quote while shopping for home warranties over two weeks ago and I have been contacted countless times; email, automated calls, in person, etc.. after third time I was contacted I said I was not interested and please place me on do not call list. I have since been contacted upwards of 2-3 times daily. I have filed a complaint on FTC site each time I have been contacted and each time explicitly said "Do not call me and place me on the do not call list." I have also blocked each call which of course originates from different number each time. I was finally told this past time from a "manager" that until I placed a complaint or had that claim processed with do not call registry they could continue to contact me. What can I do to stop this harassment??!!

Choice Home WarrantyWill not install replacement dishwasher

*2/18/21
                          *choice home warranty company
                          *Spoken with Crystal Green supervisor about our dish washer being replaced after numerous calls to resolve install issue. She would not concede to have new replacement dishwasher installed at my residence when the existing dishwasher was not operational and kept repeating herself. Not knowledgeable about this policy in this situation. Why would you have low level personel argue with customers about Choice Home written warranty which is clear she was wrong. Ms. Green would not give her supervisor / direct report name or hone number.
                          Customer is first when resolving any issues and how can come to an agreement. Clearly this was not a priority.
                          Cannot recommend this organization based on service and operations persons.

• Al
                              alwaysno18 Feb 24, 2021

This is how they operate... they refuse to escalate, provide management support and bank on upset customers to give up.
                              Reviews and awards are mostly purchased. Look at BBB... they have class action lawsuit, the state of AZ filed lawsuit for fraud. Get your state general attorney and insurance commission involved now. You are one of THOUSANDS dealing with this same situation. This company is a SCAM.

Choice Home WarrantyDeclined claim

I bought a house in central Florida and because of the age of it's 11 years old HVAC system I prudently decided to invest in a whole home warranty from Choice Home Warranty. They assured me on the telephone and in their customer agreement they covered HVAC failures. And the system failed in the middle of the that next year's a Florida Summer. I called Choice Home Warranty (CHW), they tried to find a local service to come out and check the system. Surprisingly (but maybe not) they couldn't find a local HVAC service to take the call so they then permitted me to locate a repair service myself. I simply used the same company that had been doing my annual maintenance for years.

They came out, checked the system and determined it had to be replaced. A/C and furnace. (In Florida about 10 years is the average service life for an HVAC system.)

My company put together a proposal and forwarded my claim on my behalf to CHW. I waited in the Florida Summer heat for a response. After a few hours CHW denied my claim. I vehemently asked them why through email. Their explanation was that "my system did not fail due to"normal wear and tear". Who could that possibly be a legitimate excuse? They had not even sent their own technician to inspect the system.

I filed a rebuttal. Declined. CHW offered me a refund for my warranty. But the HVAC system was the primary reason I made that purchase in the first place.

I filed complaints to the New Jersey BBB, it was met with a yawn, and I was out almost $5000.00 for a new HVAC system. So much for"peace of mind" from Choice Home Warranty.

• La
                                Lady Jacqueline Allen Oct 25, 2021

I totally understand! I am experiencing the same thing from CHW now. Waiting to hear from my dispute from their initial decision.

Choice Home WarrantyDenial of claim #[protected]

The Claim number is #[protected]. Filed on CHW website on 12/16/2020. It was denied on 12/28/2020 without reviewing the invoice from the plumber. (They were unable to provide one because, as my plumber stated, no one wants to work with them).
                              An email from CHW on 1/07/2021 stated that a copy of the policy was to follow that email notice. It was never sent. Now they refuse because I cancelled the policy.
                              After requesting a resolutions department person to contact me following my appeal there was no response for over a week. I could see where this was going so I cancelled on 12/24/2020.
                              I paid $1176 for 3 years. When I cancelled They said I would be charged through the end of December. And they charged a $50 cancellation fee. Plus they charged me back for a service charge they claim they paid on a previous claim in the amount of $102.70.
                              That should result in a refund of $809.04
                              However, as of today I have received no refund.

Choice Home WarrantyDishwasher

Choice Home Warranty said not repair my dishwasher, "It is more cost-effective to replace your Dishwasher than to repair it", because the parts to repair my dishwasher are not available or too expensive and instead the said they will replace it.
                                Make - KitchenAid
                                Model - KUDS03FSBL3
                                Choice Home Warranty is offering $229.99 to replace the dishwasher.
                                The actual cost to replace is $1, 899.00

I would like to Choice Warranty to pay the actual replacement cost $1, 899.00

I've appealed their decision multiple times and Choice will not increase the amount they are willing to pay.
                                Dishwasher was inspected for repairs on Thursday, August 27th, 2020 by service vendor chosen by Choice Home Warranty.

• Bo
                                    Bob Wickham Nov 30, 2020

As a vendor of CHW I have seen this and experienced it many times, where they will pay for a "Builders Grade" appliance. As a builder I would love to pay $229.99 for a dishwasher, but they don't exist anywhere except in the CHW pricing guide.

Choice Home WarrantyClaim denied with no good reason

Date of incidence: 10/06/2020
                                  Client number: [protected]

I filed a claim for a leak pipe which is right underneath my trailer front bedroom. The claim got denied because of the reason that the pipe is not within the foundation and it is on the ground.

The leaked pipe is within the foundation and is connected to the main pipe on the ground.

Where else would the pipe go if not going to the ground to connect with the city main pipe?

The technician did not understand why the claim got denied because it is within the foundation of the trailer.

Someone has made an error in judging the claim.

I already paid for 5 years worth of membership with choice home warranty.

Choice Home WarrantyWarranty coverage

I have had my Choice Home Warranty for the last 3 years. However, my home which I purchased 6 years ago (new) has an AC compressor that has failed. Their contractor said that Choice never replaces anything. They will deny the claim which they did immediately upon the contractor submitting the repairs for approval. The contractor told me I will need to pay $2800 to replace my compressor unit now. There has been no usage that would be considered beyond normal wear and tear. The filters in my home are changed once a month and coils have been cleaned annually. Choice needs to fulfill their obligations under my contract. I have not had air conditioning in a week and they will not return calls or emails. I need a working air conditioner.

John Henry Jr Jun 02, 2021

Just canceled my contract with them A/C unit Failed I have only been in the house a little over four years, just three summers the unit is repairable at a cost of $1, 800.00 the service company say the leaker in the coil was caused by corrasion they claimed that was not normal ware and tare and refused to pay for the repair. after waiting for a month for them to respond to the repair contractor

Choice Home WarrantyClaim mishandling & no communication

Per Section D, Number 5 - included: All components and parts necessary for the operation of the system. Case Manager claimed Section D, number 5 - excluded: Add on for Zoned Systems. Case Manager, Azfar Ali, inaccurately advised this claim would not be covered based on the above. Based on "included" within section D, number 5, he was incorrect as all components and parts needed for the operation, this in fact is one of those parts. By no means is the zone circuit board an "Add On" based on the above section listed in the policy. Further more Mr. Ali claimed the circuit board is not a covered part, however nowhere in section D, number 5 (excluded), is this part denoted. Me. Ali advises he would have his manager, Luis Molina contact me with 72 hours from 8/17/2020. He has not as of 9/3/2020. I then have contacted customer support (documented), every day since then to have a "claims specialist" advice they have escalated the matter to "management" for them to contact me back with 24 hours. Not one single time has this yielded any resolution, let alone call back. My appeal is open, valid in facts, and should be covered by HCW.

Claim mishandling & no communication
                                      Claim mishandling & no communication

Choice Home WarrantyTermination of contract

I Cornelius Anukam contract number [protected] hereby want to terminate my contract with Choice Home Warranty from this date being August 17, 2020. I am not getting the type of services I need from the company. Please refund me with the amount of money due for me.

Thanks, Cornelius Anukam