Choice Home Warranty

Fri:24h
Sat:24h

Reviews and Complaints

Choice Home WarrantyPlumbing leak

They say they cover plumbing system and whirlpool. I had a leak that came from my bathtub on the second level and was leaking through my ceiling onto the first floor. When the technician came out and tried to troubleshoot the problem by first suggesting the least expensive item which was the drain which to me is part of plumbing, they denied the claim and said they don't cover drains. I pulled the contract and realize the contract says it covers plumbing and what is included and directly after reading what is included they list everything that makes up the plumbing system as excluded. Here is the contract - note that just about everything that makes up the plumbing system is excluded...

8. Plumbing system/stoppage
Included: leaks and breaks of water, drain, gas, waste or vent lines, except if caused by freezing oli roots. Toilet tanks,. Bowls. And mechanisms (! Replaced with builder's. Grade as. Necessary), g seals - valves for shower tub, and diverter angle stc ps, rinses and gate valves assemblies - stoppages/clogs in drain and sewer lines up to 1 00 feet from access point. Mainline cloak stoppages are only covered if there is an accessible ground level clean out, except: excluded: stoppages and clogs in drain and sewer lines that can not be cleared by cable or due or damaged lines outside the confines of the main foundation (even to roots, collapsed. Broke if within 1 00 feet of access point) - access to drain or sewer lines from vent or removal of water closets - cast to locate, access or install ground level cleanout slab leaks - polybutylene or quest piping - galvanized drain lines - hose bibs - drum caps - flange - collapse of or damage drain, gas, waste or vent lines caused by freezing, settlement and/or roots - fai to water fixtures, cartri (shower heads & shower arms - baskets and strainers - popup assemblies - bathtubs and sh (- cracked porcelain - glass - shower enclosures and base pans - roman tubs - bath tub drain mechanisms - sinks - toilet lids and seats - cablinc - whirlpool or grc jets - whirlpool control panel - septic tanks - sewage ejector pumps - water softeners - pressure regulators - inadequate or excessive water pressure - flow restrictions in fresh water lines caused by rust, corrosion or chemical deposits - holding or storage tanks - saunas and/or steam rooms we will provide access to plumbing systems thru unobstructed walls, ceilings or floors, only, and will return the access opl and repair and/or replacement. Our authorized service per contract term for access, di (provider will close the access opening and return it to rough finish condition, subject to the s500 limit indicated. We shall not be responsible of the cost to remove and replace any ceilings, and/or floors.

So in reality, they do not cover the plumbing system. I also thought I had coverage for the electrical system but after they say they cover the electrical system they literally exclude just about every part that makes up the electrical system similar to how they literally just about exclude everything that would make up the parts of the plumbing system.

This company needs to be thoroughly investigated as a scam company. They have had no problem collecting my money over the years. The few times that I have tried to file a claim they have found a reason to deny through their exclusion list. They should not be allowed to say they cover the plumbing system and electrical system when they exclude all components that make up those systems.

Choice Home WarrantyBroke contract - scam!

The company has failed to meet the obligations promised in their calls and policy, policy number [protected], contract term [protected]-2022. and after bringing this to their attention, instead of working with me to resolve the issue, their representatives fraudulently canceled my policy another violation of said contract. I have recorded phone calls and hundreds of emails requesting resolution with company representatives. When responded to, they either promised resolution that didn't occur or requested additional time for escalation, which never resulted in any follow up or resolution. Management has been unresponsive except to state that the policy was canceled per my request, however, I have repeatedly responded that this is erroneous. Not only do they claim that they have canceled my policy per my request, which does not make sense as I had two years left on the prepaid policy and would not be arguing with them for several months after the fact if I so indeed requested the cancellation, but they also stated they sent a refund which I do not have.
    TO DATE, I have recorded calls and 100s of emails, many with contradicting stories told by this company. At any rate, they refuse to mediate, they refuse to correct their error and continue to refuse to refund me for a policy they did not honor.

Choice Home WarrantyDeclined claim

I bought a house in central Florida and because of the age of it's 11 years old HVAC system I prudently decided to invest in a whole home warranty from Choice Home Warranty. They assured me on the telephone and in their customer agreement they covered HVAC failures. And the system failed in the middle of the that next year's a Florida Summer. I called Choice Home Warranty (CHW), they tried to find a local service to come out and check the system. Surprisingly (but maybe not) they couldn't find a local HVAC service to take the call so they then permitted me to locate a repair service myself. I simply used the same company that had been doing my annual maintenance for years.

They came out, checked the system and determined it had to be replaced. A/C and furnace. (In Florida about 10 years is the average service life for an HVAC system.)

My company put together a proposal and forwarded my claim on my behalf to CHW. I waited in the Florida Summer heat for a response. After a few hours CHW denied my claim. I vehemently asked them why through email. Their explanation was that "my system did not fail due to"normal wear and tear". Who could that possibly be a legitimate excuse? They had not even sent their own technician to inspect the system.

I filed a rebuttal. Declined. CHW offered me a refund for my warranty. But the HVAC system was the primary reason I made that purchase in the first place.

I filed complaints to the New Jersey BBB, it was met with a yawn, and I was out almost $5000.00 for a new HVAC system. So much for"peace of mind" from Choice Home Warranty.

Choice Home WarrantyDenial of claim #[protected]

The Claim number is #[protected]. Filed on CHW website on 12/16/2020. It was denied on 12/28/2020 without reviewing the invoice from the plumber. (They were unable to provide one because, as my plumber stated, no one wants to work with them).
        An email from CHW on 1/07/2021 stated that a copy of the policy was to follow that email notice. It was never sent. Now they refuse because I cancelled the policy.
        After requesting a resolutions department person to contact me following my appeal there was no response for over a week. I could see where this was going so I cancelled on 12/24/2020.
        I paid $1176 for 3 years. When I cancelled They said I would be charged through the end of December. And they charged a $50 cancellation fee. Plus they charged me back for a service charge they claim they paid on a previous claim in the amount of $102.70.
        That should result in a refund of $809.04
        However, as of today I have received no refund.

Choice Home WarrantyDishwasher

Choice Home Warranty said not repair my dishwasher, "It is more cost-effective to replace your Dishwasher than to repair it", because the parts to repair my dishwasher are not available or too expensive and instead the said they will replace it.
          Make - KitchenAid
          Model - KUDS03FSBL3
          Choice Home Warranty is offering $229.99 to replace the dishwasher.
          The actual cost to replace is $1, 899.00

I would like to Choice Warranty to pay the actual replacement cost $1, 899.00

I've appealed their decision multiple times and Choice will not increase the amount they are willing to pay.
          Dishwasher was inspected for repairs on Thursday, August 27th, 2020 by service vendor chosen by Choice Home Warranty.

• Bo
              Bob Wickham Nov 30, 2020

As a vendor of CHW I have seen this and experienced it many times, where they will pay for a "Builders Grade" appliance. As a builder I would love to pay $229.99 for a dishwasher, but they don't exist anywhere except in the CHW pricing guide.

Choice Home WarrantyClaim denied with no good reason

Date of incidence: 10/06/2020
            Client number: [protected]

I filed a claim for a leak pipe which is right underneath my trailer front bedroom. The claim got denied because of the reason that the pipe is not within the foundation and it is on the ground.

The leaked pipe is within the foundation and is connected to the main pipe on the ground.

Where else would the pipe go if not going to the ground to connect with the city main pipe?

The technician did not understand why the claim got denied because it is within the foundation of the trailer.

Someone has made an error in judging the claim.

I already paid for 5 years worth of membership with choice home warranty.

Choice Home WarrantyWarranty coverage

I have had my Choice Home Warranty for the last 3 years. However, my home which I purchased 6 years ago (new) has an AC compressor that has failed. Their contractor said that Choice never replaces anything. They will deny the claim which they did immediately upon the contractor submitting the repairs for approval. The contractor told me I will need to pay $2800 to replace my compressor unit now. There has been no usage that would be considered beyond normal wear and tear. The filters in my home are changed once a month and coils have been cleaned annually. Choice needs to fulfill their obligations under my contract. I have not had air conditioning in a week and they will not return calls or emails. I need a working air conditioner.

Choice Home WarrantyClaim mishandling & no communication

Per Section D, Number 5 - included: All components and parts necessary for the operation of the system. Case Manager claimed Section D, number 5 - excluded: Add on for Zoned Systems. Case Manager, Azfar Ali, inaccurately advised this claim would not be covered based on the above. Based on "included" within section D, number 5, he was incorrect as all components and parts needed for the operation, this in fact is one of those parts. By no means is the zone circuit board an "Add On" based on the above section listed in the policy. Further more Mr. Ali claimed the circuit board is not a covered part, however nowhere in section D, number 5 (excluded), is this part denoted. Me. Ali advises he would have his manager, Luis Molina contact me with 72 hours from 8/17/2020. He has not as of 9/3/2020. I then have contacted customer support (documented), every day since then to have a "claims specialist" advice they have escalated the matter to "management" for them to contact me back with 24 hours. Not one single time has this yielded any resolution, let alone call back. My appeal is open, valid in facts, and should be covered by HCW.

Claim mishandling & no communication
                Claim mishandling & no communication

Choice Home WarrantyTermination of contract

I Cornelius Anukam contract number [protected] hereby want to terminate my contract with Choice Home Warranty from this date being August 17, 2020. I am not getting the type of services I need from the company. Please refund me with the amount of money due for me.

Thanks, Cornelius Anukam