Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

Having problems with Choice Home Warranty?

Choice Home Warranty Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 373 7924 (Service Department)
+1 800 816 2688 (Consumer Sales)
+1 888 275 2980 (Real Estate Sales)
+1 888 531 5403 (Inquiries)
1090 King Georges Post Road
Edison, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Choice Home Warranty Customer Service. Initial Choice Home Warranty complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Choice Home Warranty above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Choice Home Warranty. Discuss the issues you have had with Choice Home Warranty and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Choice Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews

Choice Home Warrantya/c unit not working

I had an a/c unit that would not maintain temperature, if it was set to 75 it would run all day long and the inside temperature would get up to the mid 80's. When you make a claim it takes days for someone to come out, then they didn't even look at the correct unit. 3 weeks with no a/c trying to deal with them, I paid for someone to fix it myself and now they refuse to reimburse me because their techs couldn't find anything wrong. (The compressor was burnt out) They only have to have a tech "assigned" within 24 hours, but that "assigned" tech may not show up for a week.

Choice Home WarrantyFraud company

The company announces and advertises that they cover all your home appliances against wear and tear, yet when requesting repair and their technician say a unit needs replacement they come saying it's a wear and tear case and not covered by the policy.

Claim #: [protected]
    Policy Number# [protected]

A full refund is requested for the service that fraud company collect money against.

• Updated by Hisham Hassan · Jul 30, 2020

contacted the company for a refund and the company keep transfering the call from a rep to another with a very long wait on the line.

Choice Home WarrantyMy air conditioner

My air conditioner went out on Sunday July 5, 2020. I filed a claim on July
      6, 2020 and has not had anything good to say about Choice Warranty since. The first thing they said was that they couldn't get a technician to my house until Friday and this was Monday with the temperature in the 90s. I told them that was ridiculous and I could get someone sooner. So they told me I could go the reimbursement route, sio I did. I had a technician out to my home the next day Tuesday. He found that the switch was burned out on the condensation pump. once I told CHW the problem they started dragging their feet and would not approve me to have the pump replaced. After several days, they pulled out this oaper that I had never seen with things that they don't approve saying that I had a power surge that why the switch burned out. My technician said no these switches just burn out from age. I appealed their decision but didn't get any good results. I got a rude Case Manager who already had her mind made up before talking to me.

Choice Home Warrantychw claim number # [protected]

I have contacted chw customer service as my toilet was not draining out based on the policy coverage toilet was covered. When technician arrived first thing he asked for is 45 usd without even try to understand the problem. As expected he has given resolution within 5-10 mins by trying two times to drain the water from the toilet. As he knows, the policy loop holes that taking out toilet is not covered under coverage, it didn't took long time for him to reach into this conclusion and taken 45 usd. When I escalated the case, case manager instead of hearing out and showing any empathy with customer has refused to listen to me. When I asked her to speak with her manager she said, she is final authority in the company. I am wondering if I spoke to ceo of the company. If she was really ceo, than I am sorry to say she lacks basic concept of the customer service industry empthy with customer. It is easy for technician to play with known caveats of insurance and provide faulty conclusions.

Jul 29, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Repairing / replacing air conditioner unit

Called in claim on June 4th about my air conditioner unit. A technician was sent out and told Choice I needed...

Choice Home WarrantyWork for ac unit

These guys are absolute fraud. My AC unit at home was not working and I filed a claim. They send a technician who diagnosed evaporator coil leak and performs and leak repair, which did not fix the problem. Then they sent another technician that diagnosed that it's a restriction in the sealed AC coil. Choice denied the claim stating that it's not normal wear and tear.

Choice Home WarrantyFailed to provide service

I called to 7/15 to file a claim to get my air conditioning repair was inform that I had to wait until 7/19 to get it fixed to contact Efficient Air directly for a sooner date. I call Efficient Air and no one would answer the voice mail or call me back. Therefore after two days I had to call another company DT Air conditioning to come and fix the problem. Choice Warranty continues to call me me to renew the service agreement I have told them I do not want the service. I also I want a refund of 172.22 for the company I had to hire to repair my air conditioning unit. Efficient Air came out 7/19 to repair the unit i informed them that no one responded to my call to cancel the appointment. I now receive and email from Choice Warranty 7/24 indicating they will be billing me 40.45 to continue the service agreement. I never agreed to continue the service agreement or to bill me. This company is a scam.

Choice Home WarrantyHandling of a policy cancellation

I have had choice for approx 2 years. I recently called them for an issue, it cost me $800 they covered none of it. I now have this home under contract to sell, I was going to buy the choice home owners warranty for the buyers and after I ordered it on 7/20/2020, buyers did not want so I called to cancel in the am. I was placed on hold or cut off after 13 times of calling them. I finally spoke to a resolution person to cancel. I had already paid for my original plan until the end of july. They charged my credit card $510.00. They said even though it has not been 24 hours that they will only return $416.00 they would retain the $94 balance as a cancellation fee. A cancellation fee for less than 24 hours. This should be illegal. I would not ever recommend anyone to do business with choice home warranty. The choice home warranty is a scam!!!

Choice Home Warrantyac unit

Three weeks ago, our Ac stopped producing cold air after a power outage that lasted several hours. I filed a service order online. After several hours, I received an email stating that Choice could not find a technician for our area. So I called one myself. When the technician arrived, he told me he would not work with Choice Home Warranty because the were way "too difficult" to work with. I authorized him to fix our AC unit - turned out that it needed to be replaced to the tune of $7100. I called Choice. They put me on hold for a very long time. I chose the option for them to call me back...I never received their phone call. As of this morning, July 20, 2020, still no call. So I called my bank and ordered a stop payment for the Choice charges to my account. This is hardly the first time Choice has made it difficult for us. When we first enrolled in their program, we encountered no problems. But in the last three or so years, they've gotten worse and worse. Run, do not walk, away from this company!

Jul 17, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Air conditioner

July 17, 2020 Client # [protected] Choice Home Warranty One week ago we came home from grocery shopping and...

Jul 16, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Refund

I signed up for their warranty plan and paid $2, 030 for 6 years of coverage on tuesday and after reading the...

Choice Home WarrantyI want to cancel the policy

I have been trying to cancel the policy and am unable to get thru
                  I have been on hold for over 2 hours
                  The 1st time I was on hold when I got thru after 2 hours thwy stated that the department had closed
                  Today 7/10 still on hold everal hours and cant cancel if I need to get a policy you can get right thru and they keep chargeing me

• Ki
                      Kimberly Pederson Jul 20, 2020

I just called my bank and told them to stop payment. It meant getting a new debit card, but worth it. I can get no satisfaction from these Choice people and the won’t return my calls, so I called the bank. As far as I’m concerned Choice is worthless.

Jul 09, 2020

Choice Warranty — Claim denial for hvac system

Back in October I reached out to Choice to send a technician due to my air conditioning improperly working...

Choice Home Warrantya/c and no customer service

July 9, 2020

Dear Sir:

I have waited on hold for two hours for someone to answer the phone. No customer service ever returned my call or called me back or resolved the situation. The customer resolution person did nothing for me.

My air conditioner is 18 years old and is costing me money. My contract number is [protected] and cost $2000 for five years. So far, your company has done nothing for me.

I will give this company one week to replace my air conditioner. If no resolution or replacement. I will go to a lawyer and am asking for a refund of the warranty. My contract started April 3, 2020.

If no calls or call back, I am canceling the warranty.

Sincerely,

Bryon Coe
                    [protected]
                    [protected]@icloud.com

• Co
                        Cornelius Anukam Aug 17, 2020

I hereby want to Terminate my contract with Choice Home Warranty immediately with effect from August 17, 2020. My name is Cornelius Anukam. My contract Number is n117425313 . Please I want refund of what remains as my balance without delay.

Thanks Cornelius Anukam.

Choice Home WarrantyAir conditioning unit

Put in a claim after a week and s half they sent out a technician. H took my $75 did not fix the problem. Hr told me he sent in his report to Choice Home Warranty for approval. I called every day for 3 days. I was told that my claim was under review and that ai would receive an email with the decision. I call again and explained that I was in a heatwave of 90+ degree weather. I was told that I needed to first pay $1, 500.98 in upgrades before the could do anything. I explained that I'm 73 years of age living on my Social Security in the middle of a Pandemic (Covet-19) and that it is so hot inside the house that I can hardly breathe. Sorry unless the money is paid first we can not help. I put my claim in on June 19 today is July 7, still battling 89degrees inside the house, without any help in sight.

Choice Home WarrantyDenial of claim

Last June/2019 we were exercising problems with our central airconditioner. A technician was dispatched and evaluated the compressor was in need of replacement. Choice home warranty declined to replace it due to the unit still operating.
                        This June/2020 the unit completely failed. Again a technician was dispatched and determined that the compressor was in need of replacement. Choice home warranty declined the claim stating that the failure was due to"lack of customer maintenance".
                        Choice home warranty makes their evaluation disregarding professional findings.

Choice Home WarrantyClothes dryer

after waiting 3 days for a call to let me know a service person will call for an appointment, i finally had someone come on friday june26. i thought the dryer was fixed. when i did a wash that night, and put the clothes in dryer, the dryer did not dry clothes. cold air came from dryer. its been a nightmare trying to get a repair person back. my house phone dyed with low battery. after many hours of trying, i finally got call that a service person will come on july 7. why should i have to wait 11 days for service? please help to get someone here sooner. i have two policies with choice home warranty. if this is not resolved sooner, i will cancel both. thanks.

Jun 22, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Air Conditioning, getting service tech and getting a claim paid for.

On 5-22-20 we placed a claim to get our AC fixed as it was not cooling down our home. We had asked for the...

Choice Home WarrantyDouble oven

Horrible experience. Was told that our double oven could not be repaired and was offered $599 to replace both ovens which is impossible. After being assigned to Marc Ruehle we repeatedly called and emailed with no response. Finally received a return call after .4 weeks. Mr Ruehle was rude, never apologized then stated they only pay up to half the value for a buy out. Amount offered isn't even a third of what it will cost to replace our unit. After reading other reviews I am surprised this guy is still employed. Very disappointed with this company. Do your research. I wish we had

• Al
                                Alexander Willman Jul 01, 2020

I had a very similar situation when my Viking double gas oven (20 years old) could not be repaired. The appliance tech that Choice sent and I paid said parts were no longer available. Choice initially said they would pay $599, which I responded was inadequate for a high end $7K double gas oven. And I cancelled their service since it was obviously not paying for a replacement that their documents said would be done if the appliance could not be repaired. And their reply was since I cancelled the service, they never paid the $599 - A Total Scam.

Jun 20, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Deceptive business practice, unethical business practice

Yesterday, June 19, 2020 my credit card was billed for the next 30 days. When I opened the account, I wa...