Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

Having problems with Choice Home Warranty?

+1 888 373 7924 (Service Department)
+1 800 816 2688 (Consumer Sales)
+1 888 275 2980 (Real Estate Sales)
+1 888 531 5403 (Inquiries)
1090 King Georges Post Road
Edison, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Choice Home Warranty.

Complaints & Reviews

Choice Home WarrantyI want to cancel the policy

I have been trying to cancel the policy and am unable to get thru
I have been on hold for over 2 hours
The 1st time I was on hold when I got thru after 2 hours thwy stated that the department had closed
Today 7/10 still on hold everal hours and cant cancel if I need to get a policy you can get right thru and they keep chargeing me

• Ki
      Kimberly Pederson Jul 20, 2020

I just called my bank and told them to stop payment. It meant getting a new debit card, but worth it. I can get no satisfaction from these Choice people and the won’t return my calls, so I called the bank. As far as I’m concerned Choice is worthless.

Jul 09, 2020

Choice Warranty — Claim denial for hvac system

Back in October I reached out to Choice to send a technician due to my air conditioning improperly working...

Choice Home Warrantya/c and no customer service

July 9, 2020

Dear Sir:

I have waited on hold for two hours for someone to answer the phone. No customer service ever returned my call or called me back or resolved the situation. The customer resolution person did nothing for me.

My air conditioner is 18 years old and is costing me money. My contract number is [protected] and cost $2000 for five years. So far, your company has done nothing for me.

I will give this company one week to replace my air conditioner. If no resolution or replacement. I will go to a lawyer and am asking for a refund of the warranty. My contract started April 3, 2020.

If no calls or call back, I am canceling the warranty.

Sincerely,

Bryon Coe
    [protected]
    [protected]@icloud.com

• Co
        Cornelius Anukam Aug 17, 2020

I hereby want to Terminate my contract with Choice Home Warranty immediately with effect from August 17, 2020. My name is Cornelius Anukam. My contract Number is n117425313 . Please I want refund of what remains as my balance without delay.

Thanks Cornelius Anukam.

Choice Home WarrantyAir conditioning unit

Put in a claim after a week and s half they sent out a technician. H took my $75 did not fix the problem. Hr told me he sent in his report to Choice Home Warranty for approval. I called every day for 3 days. I was told that my claim was under review and that ai would receive an email with the decision. I call again and explained that I was in a heatwave of 90+ degree weather. I was told that I needed to first pay $1, 500.98 in upgrades before the could do anything. I explained that I'm 73 years of age living on my Social Security in the middle of a Pandemic (Covet-19) and that it is so hot inside the house that I can hardly breathe. Sorry unless the money is paid first we can not help. I put my claim in on June 19 today is July 7, still battling 89degrees inside the house, without any help in sight.

Choice Home WarrantyDenial of claim

Last June/2019 we were exercising problems with our central airconditioner. A technician was dispatched and evaluated the compressor was in need of replacement. Choice home warranty declined to replace it due to the unit still operating.
        This June/2020 the unit completely failed. Again a technician was dispatched and determined that the compressor was in need of replacement. Choice home warranty declined the claim stating that the failure was due to"lack of customer maintenance".
        Choice home warranty makes their evaluation disregarding professional findings.

Choice Home WarrantyClothes dryer

after waiting 3 days for a call to let me know a service person will call for an appointment, i finally had someone come on friday june26. i thought the dryer was fixed. when i did a wash that night, and put the clothes in dryer, the dryer did not dry clothes. cold air came from dryer. its been a nightmare trying to get a repair person back. my house phone dyed with low battery. after many hours of trying, i finally got call that a service person will come on july 7. why should i have to wait 11 days for service? please help to get someone here sooner. i have two policies with choice home warranty. if this is not resolved sooner, i will cancel both. thanks.

Jun 22, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Air Conditioning, getting service tech and getting a claim paid for.

On 5-22-20 we placed a claim to get our AC fixed as it was not cooling down our home. We had asked for the...

Choice Home WarrantyDouble oven

Horrible experience. Was told that our double oven could not be repaired and was offered $599 to replace both ovens which is impossible. After being assigned to Marc Ruehle we repeatedly called and emailed with no response. Finally received a return call after .4 weeks. Mr Ruehle was rude, never apologized then stated they only pay up to half the value for a buy out. Amount offered isn't even a third of what it will cost to replace our unit. After reading other reviews I am surprised this guy is still employed. Very disappointed with this company. Do your research. I wish we had

• Al
                Alexander Willman Jul 01, 2020

I had a very similar situation when my Viking double gas oven (20 years old) could not be repaired. The appliance tech that Choice sent and I paid said parts were no longer available. Choice initially said they would pay $599, which I responded was inadequate for a high end $7K double gas oven. And I cancelled their service since it was obviously not paying for a replacement that their documents said would be done if the appliance could not be repaired. And their reply was since I cancelled the service, they never paid the $599 - A Total Scam.

Jun 20, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Deceptive business practice, unethical business practice

Yesterday, June 19, 2020 my credit card was billed for the next 30 days. When I opened the account, I wa...

Jun 19, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Repair Service

I wanted to let you know about the horrible customer service experience that I received from your company and...

Choice Home WarrantyService

Several times I called for service & was told that no one in my area would reply. I was advised to get my own repair service & they would cover their cost. The last service call was for my A/C unit which needed 5 Gals of gas. The unit holds 6 Gals. which anyone could tell that there is a leak in the unit. I had the gas replaced & did the necessary paper work required. After waiting several days, I called them to get a status of my claim. I was told to get a leak test done that cost several hundreds of Dollars. I asked what about my original claim be settled and was advised that don't cover leak test & they cover replacing gas in the unit. I can't understand why anyone would tell me to get a leak test if its not covered & have me spend several hundreds of dollars if they don't cover the replacement of gas. I learned that they are a fraud when it comes to repairs. Pay attention & read the fine print

Choice Home WarrantyCancellation

Was told when we purchased home warranty that we could cancel within 30 days if the warranty was not what we were looking for. Tried to cancel within the 30 days only to be given the run aroud by representative Joshua. They are given us a hard time in getting a refund within the 30 days. Would not recommend this company to anybody. Customer service is hard to contact.

Choice Home Warrantyac not working

File a claim on 6/7/2020 for my ac, technician came out and replaced one part stated he would return on 6/11 I called him then he stated he would come on 6/12-he was a no show. I began calling and leaving messages for choice home warranty and that is when my nightmare began, it is now 6/16/20 and I have been without air in texas, I went to stay at a hotel for one night due to the extreme heat.

Choice Home WarrantyRefrigerator

Filed a claim for my refrigerator not making ice. Service company called me right away. They sent a technician out, he diagnosed the problem indicating that he needed a part, he collected the service fee. Three weeks later I haven't seen any a repair person. When I call I only get priomises. I have called Choice and still no response. The service tech eventually called and said he would be there the following Tuesday. Never showed up and never called. I called the warranty company again and they contacted the service company. Adams Appliance called me and said they didn't have the part in stock but they never responded that to me before.

Jun 06, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Washing machine & customer service

I have called about a problem and am getting no HELP. No one has helped with my problem& no one call...

Jun 05, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Air conditioner

This is the worst home warranty company I have ever had. I have been with them for a year and never file a...

Choice Home WarrantyHot water heater

Buyer beware! I had my hot water heater go out on may 31, 2020. Today is june 2, 2020 and I am still without a hot water heater. Chw sent a technician on june 1st and was told we needed a new hot water ok fine. I was told it could take up to 3 days. Ok, no problem... Well guess what... Still no hot water heater. I have called numerous times only to get the run around. I was told the plumbers charges would be $300.00... These charges were bogues the plumber himself said he never gave chw that amount. I spoke with a manager today and was told it could take another week or so due to supply of hot water heaters... Hahaha yeah right! So, here sit today no hot water and no help from chw. So, if you are looking for a reputable company run fast!!! Don't waste your time or money!!! Back to taking cold showers...

May 29, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Heat pump

Our heat pumped failed July2019 and service was denied due to the heat pumped was not being serviced or...

May 27, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Repair claims

Open claim for waste line block and septic pump out claims, one for plumbing service, 2nd for septic pump out...

Choice Home WarrantyDishonest practices by choice home warranty

When my ac broke down, choice home warranty, whose principals are mr. Victor mandalawi, mr. Victor I hakim; mr. David seruya, sent a tech who tried to replace the control board on the machine twice and then gave up. The second tech said the entire unit is dead and needs replacing. Choice home warranty said that they do not cover replacement and denied payment. Then I contacted the original company that installed the unit, they said that the only thing I needed is to replace control board and that it will cost $350. I called the case manager mr. Marc ruehle with choice home warranty who said to go ahead and send the bill. A week later he said that this payment has also been denied because I did not get the authorization prior to paying the other company. Obviously this company that was sued several times by states atty generals is perpetrating a legal scam. Policy #: [protected] claim #: [protected]

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices