Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

Having problems with Choice Home Warranty?

Choice Home Warranty Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 373 7924 (Service Department)
+1 800 816 2688 (Consumer Sales)
+1 888 275 2980 (Real Estate Sales)
+1 888 531 5403 (Inquiries)
1090 King Georges Post Road
Edison, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Choice Home Warranty Customer Service. Initial Choice Home Warranty complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Choice Home Warranty above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Choice Home Warranty. Discuss the issues you have had with Choice Home Warranty and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Choice Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews

Choice Home WarrantyCustomer service, very bad communication, people don't show up

I don't know how the received 2 stars . I would give them no stars. I have been waiting over 6 weeks for an oven repair. No one at Choice Home Warranty can tell me when someone is supposed to show up. I would never, never, never purchase their warranty again. Very poor customer service. If you are thinking of purchasing a home warranty company do not pick Choice Home Warranty. I had a second home and I purchased their warranty. The air condition went out. a repair person was to supposed to show up. Of course it was summer. They did not. I called Choice Home Warranty to find out when someone will come. They told me they don't know and to hire my own repair person and they will reimburse. Guess What. I did what they told me. The repair costs were $800. I summited it to be reimbursed and they said no because their service person did not service the air-conditioner. Stay away you will be a happier person.

Choice Home WarrantyHome warranty

Purchased home warranty... Fornew home. Closed on home july 2, 2020. Part of closing inspection objections was hvac serviced, clean and confirmed in working condition. I have paperwork showing such. Aug 15 hvac stop cooling. Chw sent tech.. Who stated ill get you a new system, let me do what I got to... Reported blower out, heat exchange cracked, condensor leaking... Etc... Chw denied claim in 2 hours as preexisting... Mind you I have documents stating otherwise. I appealed... After 3 days of trying to reach the assign appeal rep. She denied again in 1 min. I explained what tech stated about getting new system.. Asked for second opion told no.
    Then offered if I used their tech chw would cover labor, with tech who was out to get new system, can you say kickback.. I then chose to pay my own tech to come out and this company said only issue is blower motor is out, heat exchange not cracked, condensor fine. Now I can not even get a hold of anyone at chw.

• Ih
        I Howe Sep 07, 2020

Sounds like the technician who came to my home when my system stopped working. He filed a false report assured that choice would replace the system. I complained and explained that the system was serviced within the last 60 days and they denied the claim a second time.
        I paid for the heating and air person I have used for 4 years to come out and assess the problem and they denied the claim again.
        Then the choice technician called and offer to complete the work needed at my cost.

Aug 22, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Air conditioning

Choice Home Warranty: (08/07/2020): Friday August 7th, 2020 Claim [protected] 422 Sheffield Dr Richardson TX...

Choice Home WarrantyDoes not honor warranty

I opened a claim on 8/13 because my garage door did not open/close properly. On the site, and via phone call, I was told the name of the repair company and informed that my appointment for repair would be 8/21. I needed to have someone at home between the hours of 11am and 3pm. Today (august 21), after 3pm, I contacted the technician to be told that my appointment was rescheduled... No phone call, no text, no email, nothing!!! My garage will be broken for close to 3 weeks before they can get a technician out. This is a far cry from the 24-hour timeline that they cite in their warranty, post on their website, and state on the phone.

Do better!!!

Aug 21, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Air conditioner

I have filed this complaint before against CHW. If they do not contact me and try to resolve this issue then...

Aug 21, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — hvac system

Most recent claim #[protected]- July 17, 2020 Let me start off by saying this company does live up to their...

Aug 20, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Air condition

My name is Rowchell Williams out of Dallas Texas we filed a claim to have our air condition repaired or...

Choice Home Warrantyac unit for second floor

I have been calling since of June to have my AC unit repaired. It took 3 -4 weeks to get someone out here then Choice didn't want to cover the work. From June to the end of July We finally get the system repaired but not what the technician said should have happened because he said you (Choice) would only cover replacing parts. I had to come out of pocket with over $2600 dollars and 2 weeks later TODAY my system is out again. I was assigned a case manager who sounded like he was 12 years old on the phone who does not return calls or emails. Is this how you handle paying customers. This is ridiculous and your case manager Marc Ruehle should be looking for a new job. I need my system fixed ASAP.

Aug 17, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Termination of contract

I cornelius Anukam contract number [protected] hereby want to terminate my contract with Choice Home Warranty...

Choice Home WarrantyGarage door opener

been waiting since July 11 2020 for repair on my garage door opener. call every days finally they said they found someone for aug 7 never showed up waited all day work night never slept still waiting they just give you the run around worst house warranty ever want my money back . they keep telling me to find somebody and they will reimburse me if it meets they ideal price . I'm not stupid to did nt pay all this money to get ripped off more

Aug 15, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Air condition repair/replacement

In early July 2020, my upstairs air conditioner stopped working. I checked it and observed the fan blade wa...

Choice Home Warrantyhvac - broiler

They refused to pay the claim because they said it was a defective unit - this blower was 15 years old and the HVAC vendor said a bolt wore out and broke into the fan. The rep Lydia Colvert said no matter what the tech said, they will not pay any claims until the unit reaches the end of their useful life. Again, they will not pay any claims if something goes wrong with the unit unless it's past its useful life. No one should be buying this "warranty" because it does not cover anything if something goes wrong unless it's past its useful life! They are TERRIBLE!

Lydia Colvert | Case Manager
            Choice Home Warranty
            V: [protected] Ext: 3673
            E: [protected]@choicehomewarranty.com

Aug 14, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Water heater

My heating element in the water heater went out causing it to trip my breaker. Choice said it's not covered...

Aug 14, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Service

I filed a claim on July 2nd for my ice maker. They assigned a technician and made an appointment within 1...

Aug 12, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Home warranty service

To say this is a scam is putting it lightly. I had 2 small services calls and it was great, this is where I...

Choice Home WarrantyRefrigerator

It's been 4 weeks my refrigerator is now working and choice home warranty did first repair and committed it will be all fixed. They took 3 weeks of time and still refrigerator not working and after another request they are again telling me to wait for another 2 weeks of time to get it repair again. We had to threw away plenty of food because of this inconvenience and choice home warranty took no responsibility. We have kids and old people home and cannot have food at home. But choice home warranty don't care.

Choice Home Warrantyac unit

Do not buy home equipment warranty, these companies are cheaters specially"choice home warranty"which I have, its a very bad mistake I have done, we made a claim for our ac unit two and half month ago and still did not fixed. They are cheating for customers. If you call them you have to wait at least 45 mints minimum till some one will answer, and even their customer service cannot do any thing and they were transfer my claim to case manager name called 'azfar ali' he didn't do anything as far. And he is no ware. Please be care full these companies are cheat for people.

Aug 04, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — This company never gets anything fixed in a reasonable time.

They constantly delay and delay. You can never get to talk to anyone that has any answers. They don't...

Jul 30, 2020

Choice Home Warranty — Home warranty contract

Paid $850+ for a home warranty and the first problem I have after filing my claim was to email me daily a...

Choice Home WarrantyNon-payment of ac repair

I purchased CHW on May 30, 2020, policy#[protected] and made sure the start date was the day after my prior home warranty expired so there was no lapse in home warranty coverage. This ensured there should be no delay in coverage for any repairs with my CHW policy. I filed a claim for my AC on 6/30/2020. It took several days for a CHW assigned technician to come to service my home. He completed the repair on 7/7/2020 and initially asked me for the $65 co-pay when he discovered that CHW did not cover the claim. I ended up having to pay $175 for this service and file an appeal with CHW. Candi McCollum and Azfar Ali were the assigned case managers. I spoke to both of them and Candi asked that I provide proof of prior coverage. I provided that coverage and both managers said they would call me back. Mr. Ali acknowledged that the prior coverage proof was received and since then, despite multiple calls to them and to Customer Service have fallen on deaf ears. I want to cancel this policy and receive $110 reimbursement for this claim because it should have been covered.

• Updated by Valerie Chinn · Jul 30, 2020

I want to cancel this policy and receive $110 reimbursement for this claim because it should have been covered. I also want to recover the $1176 paid for the policy's coverage for two years.