CheapoAir.comthis is a scam company!

S

I often book flights on the web. Recently, in a hurry I booked 6 people to vegas on a web site called cheapoair. The price on their site was lower than anything else I could find so I booked it. It wasn't until I pushed the complete button, did I realize they had added a $25.00 a ticket charge to my credit card. This is such a rip off. I had no idea till it was to late. I emailed them asking for at least a partial refund because I thought the fee was excessive, of course they refused. I could have booked with the airline directly, there was no reason to use them other than the posted fare was less.

This is a scam company and should not be allowed to continue to defraud the public. Please help me get my $250.00 dollars back that I was scammed out of.

RESOLVED

• CheapOair's response · Aug 28, 2008

Dear Miss, I am terribly sorry for the horrible experience you have mentioned. I don't understand why you should have paper tickets, when electronic tickets had been issued, also LH and UA airlines have a joint agreement, they should be taking each other tickets. The only time paper tickets are issued is if the airlines do not have ticketing agreements so paper are generally issued. It sounds to me like the airline agent was the one with the false information.

I hope that this case has been resolved for you, I am terribly sorry for all of your inconvenience.

Regards,
    [email protected]
    [protected]

• Li
    lizalias Sep 25, 2008

There are soooooo many complaints ALLLLLLL over the internet and this website. I was looking at cheapoair.com which looked good for prices. I haven't heard of place so thought I would google it first and find out more.

Toooo many complaint and it sounds real ###, I will definately not be going to them to book my flights, will advise everyone to complain to the proper people and warn others to not use this gay ### site.

• Cf
    CFT Dec 29, 2007

I didn't know so many people had similar experience with this orrible scam company!
    My little girl and I went to Italy last April to say goobye to my sister ( she just passed away from pancreatic cancer). We booked 2 tickets with ChepOair,I didn't know that the flight would stop one night in Germany until I cliked on OK, so I tried to cancel right away but they never helped me in any way to make any change. So I had to book a one night in an hotel for me and my little girl ( so not only more money add to the cost of the tickets , but more time before destination and we had only 9 days to spend with my sister!)
    This is not all! the bigg surprise war when we arrived in San Francisco Airport!
    we had a Luthansa flight but a United Ticket,and when I showed my e ticket numbers i was told from Luthansa i needed Paper tickets and from 6pm to 10 pm my little girl (she is 5years old) and I were sent from Luthansa back to United counters were each od them told us the other could help us with this matter until the Luthansa supervor responsable for that flight (very mean and unpleasent individual) told us that even if we would have bought the tickets for 10,000.00 thousands each it was to late because was in process of departing and told me basically to calm down and get lost. The last waiting hour i was on my cell phone with a supervisor of CheaO air that tolked to the responsible for Luthansa flight asking her to help me with that matter and issue me a lost tickets paper because they had made a mistake. Bue she said " I will not do that" and I suggest you next time to buy the tickets directly from us!"

The same night I had to rented a car to go back to Carme (2 hours driving from S francisco airport), went home loggedr into internet bought another 2 tickets for me and my girl for 2,690 total , next morning we drove back to the same airport and finally went to Italy.
    I have been trying to get a refund from United that basically cashed our 2,400 for our original tickets but they w'll not do it because the paper tickets were never sent to me from ChepOair even if the many times I talked with them they said they weere going to fix the problem and issue me a refund...I don't know what to do to get that money back .
    Recently my sister passed away and I didn't have money to buy tickets to go to her funeral...How can we stop this type of scams and there is any legal way to get my money back ?!I'm a single mom and work many hours to take care of me and my little one and I believe it's very unfair to take this much money away from us.
    Does anyone has any suggestion ? Maybe we could all get together and sue this company and put them out of their filthy business of stiling money from us ...

• Wo
    workinghardformymoney Aug 03, 2007

The first part of your message says $25.00, then the 2nd part says it was $250.00. Which is it?