Chase Bankharassment

chase called me and i am on a no call list i was called by chase and when i went to the bank to be taken off the list i was told a lie by Stan Wiejak. i was told i was taken of the list of calls to me and i got more calls continually . i had to go back to the bank and tell them again to take me off the list. and was finally told what to do to be taken off the list. this man Stan Wiejak lied to me when he told me i would be taken of the list and he threatend to remove me from banking at chase. he told me i would be taken out of my bank. that man is not for the people he is for himself. i have been in chase forever. i don't have a lot of money, i am a regular person and threatend by this man to lose my bank account. that is wrong. there are people that try and make a living and don't work at a bank. . to tell them they will be sent else where because they don't want these calls that are in question come to me? i am threatend to lose my bank account by a man that is a stuffed up person that shows his position in life as one that can control a person that works for a living. this man is a real jerk and stuffed up dodo head. maybe get in touch with him and tell him to not tell people that there bank accounts will be closed and they will be kicked out of the bank. thank you and GOD bless. burt

• **SuperMan** May 11, 2013

There is a reason it is called the root of all evil... these folks have been brain-washed by Satan to believe they are above all other living creatures, just because they hold and steal your money. Get away from this bank and join a small, local credit union. I have been part of the same credit union for 20 years - and, sure, they have their pit-falls as well - but overall, they treat you like a person and are much easier to deal with on a day to day basis. Take care and may God bless you, too.

• Ki
    KingJames Oct 26, 2011

Agreed Stew.

• Be
    bendoverandwhat?.com Oct 22, 2011

I paid off my "chase" credit card on the 11th of October 2011 and closed the account. My credit card payment was due on the 15th of October. When I went in to pay off the credit card, I asked for the payoff amount (which was $300 more than I had expected, according to that months statement). I let it go because I may have used the card between the two payment due dates. On the 12th I checked my bank account on line to make sure it had been closed. It had been, but it also showed a credit of $18.52. I would not have known this if I had not checked my account on line. A week went by since I had paid off the credit card and I had not received a reimbursement of the $18.52, so I dropped by the bank to inquire about it. They told me they normally keep the credit in the event I owe more money. What the hell? I told them I expected a check for the $18.52 within a week. I received a check 5 days later with a note saying I still might have a balance. On the 22nd (today) of October I received another credit card statement showing that "chase" did not close my account until the 18th of October (7 days after I closed the account) and an interest charge of $37.00 was added on, on the 18th of October, 7 days after the account was closed. Talk about blatant thievery. This is exactly why I changed my banking to a credit union.

• Fr
    Frijolito Jan 25, 2011

I'm glad I found this site. I have been getting 6 - 9 calls from Chase a day, alternating between [protected] and Private Caller. I have not been late for several months however, they continue to want to know when I'm making my payment. I began answering their calls in the last couple months or so and just today handled four of their calls alone. Everytime they kept trying to talk over me because I would not confirm the name they were giving. I also told the guy to give me his phone number so I can call him ten times a day to see how he liked it but he talked over me. I asked several times for them to stop calling me and that I considered these numerous calls as harassment but they did not care and would continue to talk. Until I blew it on the last call I answered and said "Holy Moly Mother of Mary." I have no idea why I said that it was random because I normally cuzz but it was merely out of frustation and random. It worked. the guy actually stopped talking and hung up on me. I have not gotten one call from them after that. Go figure. Try it see if it works for you..

• Ji
    Jim, California Apr 27, 2010

I wrote the "cease and desist" letter, as, I was informed by Chase that's what I needed to do to stop the phone calls...Therefore, they must be subject to the law, or why else would they have asked for the letter?...Are they just playing "games", then?

Below is a copy of the State of California, Fair Debt Collection Practices Statues, Article 2.9:
    (http://www.dca.ca.gov//publications/legal_guides/dc-2.shtml#article24)

Harassment or Abuse

It is a violation to harass or abuse a debtor or any person in order to cause payment of a debt. For example, a debtor may not vex, trouble or annoy the debtor or anyone continually or chronically, as by repeated telephone calls, in order to induce payment. The following specific rules apply:
    1. Harassment or abuse by telephone. A collector may not make the following uses of the telephone to collect a consumer debt: (a) to cause the debtor's or anyone's telephone to ring, or to engage the debtor or any person in telephone conversation, repeatedly or continuously for the purpose of annoying the person called;134 (b) to call the debtor or anyone with a frequency that is unreasonable and that constitutes harassment;135 (c) to cause the debtor or anyone expenses for long-distance telephone charges, telegram fees, or charges for other similar communications, by concealing or misrepresenting the purpose of the call;136 or (d) to call the debtor or anyone without disclosing the caller's identity.137

2. Other forms of harassment. A collector may not engage in any conduct in connection with the collection of a debt whose natural effect is to harass, oppress, or abuse the debtor or any other person.138 ("Natural"; means how an ordinary person would ordinarily feel; the term "harass"; has no statutory definition, but probably includes rude, nasty or other un-civil or unreasonable behavior.) Conduct that is similar in purpose and effect to the conduct described at paragraph 1, but is accomplished by some means other than a telephone (for example, publication on the Internet or by e-mail), is probably unlawful.139

Action: If the debtor or someone in the debtor's household receives and is harassed by repeated telephone calls or by any other repeated acts by a collector or any of its employees, the debtor should make a written note of the facts, and then send the collector a letter notifying it of the misconduct. If the misconduct has serious consequences or is repeated, the debtor may register a complaint with the FTC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I see nothing in article 2.9 that distinguishes or lists what debt collectors have/have not to abide by this law, and was not able to find one anywhere else on their website. My mother is 82 and sole income is Social Security. I doubt, after suffering a stroke, that she much cares about her credit score, and I'm not a user on the account. She also owns no "real" property to put a lien on. Also, the credit card insurance IS making the payments on her account. Chase is calling in regard to the amount that is behind because of the time it took me to get power of attorney and access to her checking account. About two months. Anyway, my complaint was regarding the harassment, not the debt. As I stated above, the situation has been accurately explained to them many times, and furthermore, I've even provided a copy of her doctor's report to them, at their request...the same one that was provided to their credit card insurance company. So they know she's not trying to pull a "Fast One" on them, and they are aware she's never going to be "normal" again. I HAVE provided Chase with several copies of the POA, twice by mail (have delivery confirmation), and once by fax. Neither I or my mother has ever asked that Chase change the agreement. My point here is...Since they are aware of her situation and backed-up by her doctor, what other purpose can the phone calls serve, except to harass?

SaltPixie Apr 27, 2010

First of my my most heart felt sympathies to you and your mother. I know it's not easy.

My take from your story is that you should seriously look into filing chapter 7 bankruptcy. I know seniors can get weird about it but there is no shame in filing bankruptcy. It's a legitimate business decision like any other.

My best wishes to you and your mother.

• Kh
    khloee04 Apr 27, 2010

They can keep calling if no one answers. Also they do not have to accept your arrangment. It would be nice if they did but they legally do not have to. I will warn you though they can sue her and will probably win. That could result in her bank account being garnished. Be careful because assuming they can not do anything could cause you both much heartache. You dont want them filing a judgement against her and attaching a lein to her house or bank accounts which they can and probably will do

• Ji
    Jim, California Apr 27, 2010

I am "Power of Attorney" for my mother. My mother suffered a stroke on October 5, 2009. She had been up to date on accounts until that time. On December 10, 2009, after receiving "Power of Attorney" and access to her checking account, I sent a letter to all of her creditors explaining what happened, and that she would not be able to make the full payments on her accounts, but, they would receive a minimum of $5.00 each month (which has been sent each month, and sometimes more, if she has the funds available). I explained that this was due to the substantial cost of my mother's medical costs due to the stroke. Furthermore, in that letter, I ask that all further communications be by mail due to the fact that, one, I don't reside with her, and, two, the stroke had left my mother with a speech impediment and she has difficulty thinking clearly. Furthermore, her doctor strongly advised against her becoming upset. All of her creditors complied with request, except Chase. Chase continued to call her even though, they had been asked not too. In December 2009, Chase Bank was given my phone number, and I again explained my mother's situation to Chase. The phone calls kept coming, and I continued to explain the same situation (didn't change) each time they called. In March 2010, I had finally had enough, as I grew tired of telling them the same thing over and over again (Couldn't understand why they seem not to understand the English language!). Again, I wrote Chase explaining that continued phone calls served no other purpose than to "Harass" my mother and/or me, since I had explained her situation many times, to many of their employees (Who claimed they would note her account). I even quoted the law regarding "Harassment" in that letter. I also informed them, in that letter, that I would no longer accept phone calls from them, and that further phone calls would be interpreted as "Harassment", and would result with a complaint filed with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). The phone calls continued, so I DID file a complaint with the FTC. They still continue to call, although, I no longer answer calls from them. Today is 4/27/2010, and the time is currently 10:09 am PST. Between 8:00 am this morning, and 10:09 am, I have already received four (4) phone calls from Chase Bank [protected]). My phone logs all incoming calls. It appears to me, that Chase believes, not only, they are "Above the law", but at the same time, appears to be "thumbing their nose" at it, as well. Perhaps a fine of a few BILLION dollars might help them "wake-up"! DON'T BANK WITH CHASE! Oops!...there's another call from Chase...that's five (5) now!

• Mi
    min333 Jul 16, 2009

WE ARE DOING A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD BAD EXPERIENCES WITH WAMU/CHASE BANK- IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING A PART OF IT
    PLEASE CONTACT ME AT
    [email protected]
    thanks!

• Tk
    TKulesza Mar 12, 2009

Chase is the lender for my school loans, well at 15% interest and clearly still a student, they have added
    incomprehensible charges, harrassed be up to 20 times a day and ignored by "deferrment status as a medical student."

It should be illegal what they do to me. If this is what it take to become a doctor, so be it; I am persecuted by
    Chase Phone Bullies. Don't use Chase Bank for anything!