Charter communicationsexcess charges, rudeness in customer service

Charter Communications put a charge on my monthly bill for a service I did not request to include a one-time charge for changing my service. When I called customer service I was rudely told that I had requested this charge but it would be removed for another one-time charge for changing my service. I spoke with supposed supervisor "Trish" who took the service off and the one-time charge for removing it off but not the charge for putting it on in the first place. She interrupted every time I tried t speak and when I could finally ask her why she kept interrupting me she said "because you are rude" and hung up on me. When I called back to make a complaint I spoke with supposed supervisor "Rocco" and was told the same thing and that he was the highest level to speak with unless I went into the local office (Oh yes, I will be doing that for sure). He would not accept a complaint against "Trish". Charter has the worst reputation for telecommunications in this area and now I know why. We will be changing service providers as soon as possible.

• Mi
    Mitty Jun 06, 2011

I have the Charter Bundle package now for the last 9 years. I called Charter for I had no service last year for days; Charter told me there are no issues in your area. After days of calling them from work, for my house phone was down in my home, Charter finally said we would send someone out and inspect my lines.

When the tech arrived and check the lines Jeri the Charter tech said, " I was dropping over 4000 times a day on average". Yes, 4000 plus drops a day. I asked how come the past year no one said a word. He replied, "most techs are sloppy and do not care". It was amazing how fast charter supervisor called me and said they are on it.

I was credited 200 dollars plus 20 a month for a year. Corporate office said I must call each time I am down and should have called 4000 times to obtain the total true credit. I was irate for how do I call when I have no phone? It was truly a slap in the face for Charter Cable telling me to call in that many times.

One question I do have, why must one call in when they have no service to obtain a credit? When, Charter knows there is no service but continues to bill the customer, because they did not call it in? They should credit all customers in the area regardless if they call or not. This might make them to give us all better service after they start giving out thousands in credit for their poor or NO service.