Complaints & Reviews

warranty check

I purchased an iphone 6 from one of your stores about a year ago. A few weeks back the phone stopped charging properly (would not always charge when plugged in and would drop to 5% when unplugged) eventually the phone stopped turning on altogether. I know I had a two year warranty on my phone when I bought it so I decided to visit my local cex, which is now East Street, Elephant and Castle because I have moved since buying the phone, to address the problem.
When I arrived I was told that my phone would need to be left for at least 24 hours for a warranty check and I could pick it up the following day either repaired or refunded.
Upon returning the following day I was informed that the warranty was not valid and encouraged to take my business to a different phone repair store to get the battery replaced.
I was disgusted to find that the staff of the cex I had visited had chosed to return my phone to me with a large sticker across the screen, rendering the screen protector unusable and meaning I then had to purchase a new one.
I went to a non-cex phone repair store who replaced my battery and screen protector, but upon returning home and attempting to charge my phone overnight I realised that the battery was not the problem and it appears to be the charging port that is broken, as my phone still won't turn on. I also spoke on the phone to a staff member from the cex where I originally purchased the phone and was informed that the warranty is still valid and so I was misled and ended up spending money I did not need to spend for absolutely no gain to either party.
I am extremely disappointed with the outcome of this situation.

playstation 4

Dear Sir / Madam, The issue that I have experienced was: I purchased a pre-owned PlayStation 4 yesterday...

CeX / WeBuy.com

purchase of iphone 6 64GB

I purchased a iPhone 6 serial no:-[protected] for £225.00 when I purchased this item the battery was flat...

refund policy

I'm writing to make a complaint about your dundee store. Today I had one of the most disturbing events in...

discriminatory tactics

Returned faulty item in-store (disc was damaged), then brought back a second item a few days later. Was warned about bringing too many things back. Complained to customer service, who assured me that everything was cleared up. Went into the store two days later and was told that I'm a trader and everything I sell or trade would now be discounted (only in that store). All because the store manager didn't like me complaining.

downgrading and braking items

Before sending my items they were in perfect working condition and sent with layers of bubble wrap and cardboard to insure they would be produced through transit. However, now on the day of payment they have broken my iPad with several complaints that did not exist when in my care. I am disgusted that they would destroy my items so that I can't sell them of further by myself. Awful company, got no sympathy from the company as they claimed it was my fault. However, I have picture proof. Don't ever sell your items with them, it's not worth the hassle go private.

iphone 6s & lightning cable (pink)

Good morning,

I bought an iphone 6s 64gb silver, unlocked b serial number : [protected] from you on 29th august this year. On 29th september I looked at the battery performance because it suddenly drained and it said "your battery's health is significantly degraded.".in particular recently, it has been very unreliable - suddenly draining whilst still at 30-50% and then, once plugged in, jumping again to ~30%.
I would like a replacement phone of the same time but with a reliable battery. Unfortunately I am travelling a lot over the next few months and will only be in the uk on 10th & 11th january. How can we arrange a seamless handover? If there is a store in london I could visit to do so, that would probably be the easiest option.

At the same time, I bought a usb cable. This stopped working in november. At first I thought it was my phone's battery but then I realised that it worked with the other cable I bought. I would like a replacement cable. I can bring the old one in as above.

Many thanks,
Joanna

iphone 6s & lightning cable (pink)

CeX

an xbox 360 controller

Yesterday I brought an Xbox 360 wich came with an Xbox remote control from the cex store in peckham. This was suposed to be an present for my sister and certain buttons on the remote doesn't work making it impossible to use. This is very bad as when it was given to the store they have responsibility to check what they take in the stock in order to resell as it should be working like they tell you. This is very very unprofessional and I would like a full refund for the inconvenience and the use of false advertisement. Please get in contact with me in order to discuss this matter [protected]. Thanks

publicly humiliated in store

I haven't used you instore service in many years, I attempted to sell some games at your Edmonton London...

online order

I purchased a phone online for 360 this was 2 weeks ago the phone didn't come unlocked and not the condition the stated I've been emailing cex since and I'm still waiting this isn't good enough the amount of time it's taking I just want this sorted asap also you can't speak to a real person as no telephone number which is shocking if this isn't resolved within 2 days I'm seeking legal advice and also informing trading standards

reference: ej148312

I purchased a HONOR 9 HANDSET form CEX. It was sold to me as A GRADE (AS NEW), although it had no box and I was given the wrong charger lead (no plug). The lead it came with was an LG one which did not fit.

I had to visit the store to get the correct charger for the phone, where I was given a universal (no name brand) lead...again with no plug.

Upon charging and setting up the phone, I noticed that videos did not record correctly. The audio and the visual did not sync, causing a dubbing effect similar to that you get on foreign subtitle movies. Basically the mouths etc. were not moving in time with the sound I could hear. Also the sound settings whilst on a call were not correct and the sound of the other person kept disappearing.

I returned it to CEX ELTHAM, for a full refund but was refused a refund stating I must accept a repair under warranty. I was obviously not happy about this, as I purchased something classed as new, and it is not my fault it was faulty, however I accepted and booked it in.

I handed it over for repair 04/11/2018, and wasw promised that it would be repaired within 5-7 days.

After not hearing anything back for 2 weeks, I visited the store and was told it had not been done, they did not know where it was and I must just wait until I get a call...I expressed that this is not acceptable as I have no phone, had been borrowing a spare from a friend to receive the call and have now waited over 3 weeks!!

I was given my reference number and told to make a complaint, hence why I am now making this FORMAL COMPLAINT.

I would like an update on where my handset is located, why it has taken so long and yet to be repaired and an explanation as to why it is taking so long, no refund was offered.

It is now 28/11/2018 and I still have had no resolution. This is unacceptable, especially when I paid RRP PRICE for the phone.

• Updated by Jadakyss · Dec 06, 2018

Refund eventually provided but only onto a voucher so I am forced to purchase something else from them

cex bedford

On Sunday I purchased 61 pounds of games from cex bedford receipt code 49a25ad3. One of the games was God of...

the manager at barnsley cex bart siemko

A week and half ago I had my retro gaming collection that I have been collection for 10years my son stole it...

ipad mini 4

I purchased a Ipad mini 4, Grade A and unlocked from you in 2016 later part off. Last week my Ipad decided it was not going to charge we had tried all the normal suggestions given and it was not working, anyway as I do not use it a lot I decided to sell it along with a small android phone and another tablet I had. The money was going to put towards something else I wanted and any spare cash would of been put towards Christmas as I am unable to work due to mental health issues (panic attacks & anxiety) depression and suicidal tendencies. We took the items to your Great Yarmouth branch, all was well at first actually they could not of been more helpful as apart from the ipad not charging it was in as good as condition as it was the day I purchased it. They had to get the bill of sale from another branch so we was told, to make sure it was it was still in warranty all the time they assured us they will sort the matter out with ipad one way or another. Then the following day we got a call it was just outside its warranty period, and there was nothing they could do, their attitude completely changed, you may as well of said bugger off just go as that what it felt like. Nothing was offered to us even if we paid to have to my ipad fixed which could well be just a new battery but they were not interested and would not suggest anything we could do. So basically now I am left with a useless Ipad which was not cheap to begin with at the time of purchasing. At the time of taking it in I was offered £158.00 for it. I shall be taking this further I promise you. Totally disgusted I thought CEX was treated their customers better than that, we never had any issues at your Lowestoft store in all the times we used it. But I can assure you I will not ever be using your branch in Great Yarmouth if thats how they treat their customers

Kind Regards
Mel Taylor

faulty item/customer service

Out to exchange goods at CEX Bristol Broadmead to be able to upgrade a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 21/11/2018.

Went back on the 22/11/2018 exchanged the Samsung 3 and bought a Samsung 4, the item was not tested before it left the shop.

Arrived home, turned the tablet on and found the screen button and volume control buttons did not work, no time to take the item straight back as had to work an afternoon shift.

23/11/2018 took the Samsung back and complained, wanted to know why the item was up for sale if the buttons were faulty. Was advised a warranty test had to be done and to return later.

One assistant (female) did apologise and say mistakes happen, fair enough, but did not want to have to pay more money for a different tablet when wanted the one bought.

Upon returning advised they had found the fault and did we want a refund? No we did not, we wanted a working a tablet, did not have time for the item to be repaired as leaving for Europe within the week and the item could not be guaranteed to be back in time.

Again we asked why was it put up for sale? Why should we have to pay more money if we wanted to walk out of the shop with a tablet. This shop assistant was rude with no apology or verbal gesture of good will to appease the situation.

I pointed out that they would not accept items that had faulty buttons so why were they selling an item that displayed those faults. Explained bought the tablet less than 24 hours before, where upon the customer service assistant became offensive and said

'Yes I know I sold it, we think the item has been dropped and we are doing this, i.e. refund/ exchange/upgrade as a good will gesture'

This item had been bought, taken home and turned on, the item had not been dropped which I explained to the person we were dealing with.

Oh so rude reply, 'We only have your word for that'

There were no external marks, chips, gauges on the item...as it had not been dropped. We did buy another tablet and paid an extra £20.00.

I remarked I was going to contact head office and make a compliant, to which the assistant nonchalantly advised me to do so via this website. I asked for his name which he refused which is fine.

Quite unhappy with the level of customer of service offered by Daniel K.

Resolution? Put your customer service team members on courses so they can deliver an appropriate service.

iphone 6s 64gb space grey - serial number: [protected]

Dear Sir/Madam Urgent - Faulty Products Background: I purchased an iPhone 6 128GB Space Grey (serial...

offensive behaviour from staff

Huddersfield branch 27 October 2018 Went to return a faulty iPod but staff rejected the faults and would not...

Huddersfield Retail Stores

pricing trade in

Cex policy and valuation of trade in goods is extremley poor and general pricing showing older items at exhuberant prices from £15 for console games, general trade in prices drop from voucher price always higher to cash price never more than a few pounds. Since cex has started trading in my town of basildon it has swamped the market and devalued the price of goods and inflated their prices at the expense of the customer

iphone 7

To whom it may concern, I went to the CeX store on the 1st October in Wood Green to repair a phone that I...

CeX / WeBuy.com

telephone

Last year I purchased a Samsung phone and shortly after the charger cover fell off. I took it back to the store in Welwyn Garden City.
The manager, who is very arrogant spoke down to me saying it had been damaged. I did not cause the damage and told him so. He wouldn't change his opinion.
Stupidly I purchased yet another Samsung for £125 from them.
I had this just over a month and whilst using it the screen just went black. I took it back and asked for my money back. The same manager said it would only be replaced if it was checked to be faulty.
After leaving the store for 20 minutes I returned to be told the phone had "sligh" water damage.
I flipped I'm afraid as the staff in this store are shysters. I told them in no uncertain terms that there had not been ANY contact with water on my part. They still refused to change it.
I am afraid I went beer.
These members of staff are robbing people on a regular basis.
I and my family and friends shop there regularly. This will now cease.
If and I say if, there was any water damage whatsoever, either it was present when I bought the phone or they have done it during the 20 minutes they send you away.
I am not bothered about the money I have wasted on two phones purchased there but I want it to be known I will not let this matter rest. I have just contacted trading standards who will get back to me today and I WILL seek compenation in the small claims court as well as damages and costs.
I await your immediate response or I will proceed with the stated action on Monday 30.09.2018
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices