[Resolved] Cell Cpromotion not activated

M Nov 22, 2017

I bought a Cell C Summit for R999 on 22 August 2017 from Cell C at Balfour Mall in Jhb. It was supposed to come with 1GB of data per month for 12 months but it was not activated. I contacted customer care and they referred me to the store I bought the phone from as there was nothing they could do to assist. I went back to the store and the consultant admitted she forgot to tell me to load R50 airtime to activate the promotion. This did not help. It is three months later and still no data despite numerous trips to the store. I went back again today and was informed that there is nothing the store can do. They referred me to customer care and advised me to go the head office after I refused to accept them saying that it is my loss. This is extremely unfair to me as a customer because I was not given the correct information from the onset and I do not have the time to go back and forth to resolve this issue. I have nothing positive to say about this company. This is the second time I have encountered issues with their promotions. The first time they opened up three contracts on my name for a promotion with three devices and even after fixing their mess I was handed over to a debt collection agency for not paying on the other contract that was erroneously opened for me. Customer service is horrific! I admit that the consultant who greeted me when I walked into the store was friendly initially but her and the manager were both rude and not helpful once they discovered I had an issue. They made it seem like I misunderstood the deal and once they saw it for themselves they were shocked. The consultant apologised for doubting me, but the manager just carried on fiddling with the computer and then disappeared into the back again. The other consultant was playing loud music when I walked in until the consultant who assisted me told him to put it off. He did not look up from his phone once in the 30 minutes I spent in the store and had a terrible attitude towards the other customer he started assisting as I was leaving.

• Resolution Statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response · Nov 22, 2017

Dear Ms Stellenberg

Thank you for making contact with us.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please send the number in question as well as an alternative contact number to [protected]@cellc.co.za.

Our team will assist.